Dr. Jennifer Osborn MD Patient Reviews

3.2

October 3rd, 2013
Shocked at the attitude toward questions
At first meeting the and first few months there was interest toward my situation. As long as the treatment remained "quiet" all was well, but when I would have questions the answers would be fast and passed over. Once severe side effects began and questions toward a different medicine was requested the change over was slow. Months between without blood marker test or scans. When the cancer was active then the doctor smiled and said that this would not be if we had stayed on the medication that had severe side effects. I was returned to the medication and after speaking with my PCP I changed my Oncologist. Do not call with questions on the medication she prescribes because she will tell you that you have to speak to her PA. and the PA will explain any concerns you have.

August 29th, 2012
Completely inept
Misdiagnosis resluted in 7 years of unnecessary treatment and resulted in life threatening condition

November 11th, 2009
Dr. Osborne treated my 82 year old mother for early stage oral lymphoma. My mother had a history of heart disease and dementia. Dr. Osborne ordered CHOP chemotherapy. After the first infusion, my mother suffered congestive heart failure within 24 hours, a stoke and passed away within one week after never regaining consciousness. Her MUGA score was bordererline for chemotherapy and the staff was surprized that the order was given - given her age and health history. We contacted the drug companies to learn about the chemo drugs used in her infustion. The drug company was shocked to learn that my mother was not hospitalized after the infustion for at least 24 hours for observation as this is a standard warning/procedure to protect the life of elderly patient. We feel as a family that her untimely death could have been prevented if Dr. Osborne had followed procedure as required by the drug company black box warning. Dr. Osborne ordered hospice after her infustion prior to her death. We were shocked as we felt that the infusion as did our mother that it would help heal not cause death. Dr. Osborne indicated to the family that our mother had a serious illness, but that these drugs may indeed help. We believe Dr. Osborne was a participate in a drug research program and she indicated that she wanted to see if drugs would help. At least two members of our immediate family were with our mother in her hospital room 24 hours a day and Dr. Osborne never visited her room or tried to contact us. Nor did any member of Dr. Osborne's UPMC oncology team visit my mother or the family. My family was at my mothers side when she passed away.In our opinion, we would not recommend Dr. Osborne.