Obstetricians & Gynecologists
8340 Lakewd Rnch Blvd
Ste 140
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
941-907-9298
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  5/23/2014  |  show details
by 5/23/2014 on May 23rd, 2014

I am a new mother and Dr. Swanson was my OB true the first 2 moth , I am NOT happy with her office , I do not trust in the staff as well as the Dr. I do not recommend this Dr to any family that feels the deserve a good care , which all new mothers need.

|  Transferred care to Dr. Swanson  |  show details
by Sara on Nov 1st, 2013

I was with another Ob/Gyn in the area and decided to transfer my care to Dr. Swanson. I am so glad I did. She is personable, informative and thorough. The staff is great too! They listen and take the time for ME at my appointments which I did not receive with the other office. I truly feel cared for here and appreciate their attentiveness to my needs.

Oct 31st, 2013

Was referred to Dr. Swanson after I had been in the hospital. I has a great overall experience with her and the staff.

|  Pregnancy Care for a new mom  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2013

For a nervous first time mom I found the office staff to be friendly, helpful and supportive. I didn't have to wait long to get taken back to a room and Dr Swanson didn't take too long to come see me either. She was friendly, kind and answered all of my questions. Her nurse was very sweet and friendly too. I did get my blood drawn here and they told me they've just started offering that service in the office. They also said that ultrasound scans are coming soon too which will help me from having to go to different places for different appointments. Next time I get to meet Dr King as they said there are only two doctors at the practice so it will either be Dr Swanson or Dr King who deliver my baby. This way I will know them both well when I deliver. I think this office is great and am pleased that they are going to take care of me.

|  First time mother  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2013

My first visit with Dr. Swanson was lengthy and informative. She took the time to answer all of our questions. Her office nurse Linda, has very poor communication with Dr. Swansons patients and does not return phone calls in a timely manner. As a first time mother, I expect my questions to be answered and because they werent for 5-7 days later, i lost trust in the office staff as well as the dr. Also, my husband and i had been promised test results by dr swanson, and 1 month later found out dr never followed through. Office appears short staffed with the addition of a new dr, makes no sense..and i did not receive full care from the nurse, including, she did not listen to our babys heartbeat, nor did she check my urine sample for possible infection nor did she let the Dr know that i was ready to be seen. I do not recommend this Dr to any family that feels they deserve proper care, which all new mothers should be receiving.

|  missed diagnosis's  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2013

I just switched gyns because Dr Swanson kept pushing off my surgery and sending me out for labs and ultrasounds and making appointments to go over results rather than calling. I had a bad pap and when i went in was was surprised with a coloscopy procedure, it would have been nice to have been called and told that my visit was going to have an exam. I wasnt even told my pap came back abnormal. after the surgery dr swanson talked to my husband and he said she was cold and grouchy, despite all of that i stayed in the office I was sent for an ultra sound and they found a mass in my ovary, making it twice the size of the other, and i couldn't understand why the doctor didnt notice that when she tied my tubes. Also, I just learned from my new doctor (who looked at my records and got me in for surgery 6 days after i met with him) that i have significant endometriosis on the uterus and my ovary. I think this office is a joke.

|  Review  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2013

When Finding a doctor for my first pregnancy was hard she was the first doctor I went to I was not impressed, She had a very small office with no tv or no music in the waiting room although we didn't have to wait long which was nice the appointment itself went ok and she was a nice doctor the lady at the front desk was NOT very friendly but the nurse was I didn't really get any information on the payments and co payments I had to pay $25 that day I later got a bill for another $25 which I didn't know I was going to get. I didn't know they couldn't do blood tests or have an ultra sound there so I was thinking to myself what a waist of time. When it came to scheduling those appointments they gave me recommendations but they said they DON'T recommend Lakewood Ranch?? They are connect to Lakewood ranch hospital why the heck would you not recommend them they are right next door. After that I decided I would find another doctor that I could trust more, someone that gave me more information and could guide me better and more time consuming where I can get everything done in one day rather than 10 appointments

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2013

Best OBGYN I've been to by far. Office staff is friendly and gets messages answered quickly. Dr. Swanson has an excellent bedside manner and really listens to questions and problems.

Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Swanson has excellent bedside manner. Her office staff is always courteous and respectful. I would recommend her to anyone!

|  Great care, great heart  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

She's fantastic! So nice and friendly. One of the girls at the front (Jennifer?) always asks how I am and have had a small talk every now and then. It's a great practice.

|  1st Pregnancy and very pleased  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

I just had my first visit with Dr. Swanson today and it was wonderful. I am pregnant with my first child and had tons of questions. Dr. Swanson was so thorough that she answered almost all my questions in her overview so I didn't even need to ask them. Her nurse, Jennifer was also great. Very personable and caring. Wendy at the front desk is a wealth of information for a patient like myself that is self-pay. I am very pleased with my experience at this office and look forward to going through my pregnancy with Dr. Swanson and her team.

|  Staffing upgrage required  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

I switched from an OB who had moved offices a bit further from my home. When I made my initial appointment I asked alot of questions, including how large the patient base was, its not very large, not as large as my last OB. That said I expected a decent "hands on" approach to my care. During my care with Dr Swanson I was diagnosed with 2 serious illnesses and the care from the point of diagnosis to treatment was to put it mildly "sub-par." I waited 8 days for a call back on an abnormal lab result, this result was provided to me by my primary care physician because I was not getting a response from Dr Swanson. Come to find out my result was complete after only 48 hours. When I asked Dr Swansons assistant for my records, explaining that I was unhappy with the care she told me I could have copies for no charge (being self-pay this was so nice to hear) Upon checking out from my last visit I asked for the records and was told there was a fee. I said that I was told there would not be a fee and an argument ensued with the office manager. I was looking to get 4-5 pieces of paper I had only been a patient since 8/20/2012. I truly hope this office gets it together so that other women recieve better care than I did. I am not a difficult patient to work with and am wholeheartedly disappointed.

Oct 16th, 2012

OUTSTANDING PHYSICIAN! She is kind, caring, compassionate and very professional. She will explain everything you want to know with all the patience you deserve. She knows her stuff! I'll follow her anywhere.

|  Bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired . . . .  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

Initially I thought it was just because I was seeing a new doctor but after a few visits I was certain - HORRIBLE bedside manner. After leaving the office I was quite upset & very uncomfortable with the manner in which she approached the situation. I did not feel my questions were answered & felt as if she had no interest in taking 5 minutes to answer a question or discuss the issue.

|  Comforting and Professional  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

Dr. Swanson is amazing. She listens to my problems, and takes the time to ask questions to make sure every area is covered. She is professional and courteous, and I would highly recommend her to any first time or multiple time mommy. She and Dr. Sudbury work in the same office, and they have great communication. Dr. Swanson delivered my two babies born less than a year apart, and during both experiences, she made me feel comfortable and handled everything just like I wanted.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2010

She is so kind hearted. She was wonderful & caring. I am a patient of Dr. Sudbury but I saw Dr. Swanson a few times through my pregnancy. She delivered my daughter also. At first I was kind of bummed out that Dr. Sudbury would not be doing the delivery. However once she got there it was really nice having a Dr. that just went through having a baby of her own beacuse she could relate with what I was feeling. I highly recommend her.