inactive

Jennifer N Lord MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

January 19th, 2012
I think the issue is with the office staff. They don't appear to be rushed or overworked, but often respond to the public in an impatient manner. It's also difficult to get an appointment. None of the staff members ever offer helpful solutions to secure a more timely appointment. The patient (me) just has to keep calling to get an earlier day. However, Dr. Lord is worth the effort. She is competent and knowledgeable. Reviews from former patients who have received treatment have all been positive. I'm not sure why folks on this website are so critical.

May 10th, 2011
Appoitment rushed. Was actually rude and abrasive. Spent not even 5 minutes with me.Didn't explain treatment course. I have several things going on with my hand, but was only able to explain 2 things as she was rushed. Referred to physical therapy, but her treatment plan, partial splint for my arthritic thumb joint actually aggravated the problem and since she didn't give me time to explain that I have DeQuevein's Disease and overall arthritic hands, it was not taken into account with physical therapy and the partial splint aggravated my DeQuevein's. I think I'm going to Brown's Hand Center.

February 22nd, 2011
Great Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon - I have complete use of my right hand thanks to Dr. Lord
Dr. Lord fixed a very ugly and painful arthritic wrist. Not to be rude, but I guess the two other reviewers who wrote negative reviews were looking for a friend or buddy. I needed a life solution to a very paniful and limiting problem. Dr. Lord listened and understood that I wanted to keep full use of my hand. She recommended and performed a surgery that has allowed me to get back to a normal life. Today, I have complete use of my hand with a much wider range of motion. On top of that, she is meticulous when it comes to stitches. Based on her technique, It will be hard to even tell that I had surgery. Me and my family are thankful that Dr. Lord was there for us.

December 13th, 2010
Impatient
Speaks very quickly,then leaves. My visit was overwhelming. Too much information, too little time to incorporate it into my brain. I was diagnosed and told needed two surgeries. Then referred to a horrible physical therapy office in Pflugerville.It was filthy and dark, the employees there were indiferant, no one spoke or acknowledged me but several wandered in and out.After waiting for 45 minutes without being seen, I left. I won't be returning to either office.

June 30th, 2010
She was very impatient and rude.
I saw Dr. Lord for a cyst in my wrist. The diagnosis was good but her bedside manner is terrible. If I could have rated her less than 1 star I would. She is in a hurry and treated me as an inconvenience. On my follow up appt. immediately after she left the room I thought of a question I had forgotten to ask. When the nurse asked her to return to my room because I had another question, she sighed and moaned very loudly. She treated me as if I was inconveniencing her by asking a question about my health!!! I had not taken up a large portion of time or asked more than 3 or 4 questions in the first place. I will not be having surgery with her and I am currently searching for a new doctor who is not bothered by having patients!