Preventive Medicine Specialists, Plastic Surgery Specialist

1305 Hembree Rd
Ste 103
Roswell, GA 30076
678-762-9494
Locations and availability (1)

1.0

|  Bad Experience, terrible staff and just okay doctor  |  show details
by AMK on Aug 6th, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Harper as my gynecologist for about five years now. Over the last three to four years there have been issues where I have not been contacted by her office about abnormal test results and pap smear results. In each case, it was mentioned to me casually during my annual visit as "so last year you had an abnormal pap smear" or "so last year your mammogram came back with abnormalities". Each time I've been surprised and told the doctor that I was not notified of those abnormal results and asked why I wasn't called or sent a letter. Each time, Dr. Harper has brushed it off as an issue with the office staff, but no apology and really no surprise on her part.. almost as if it is customary for her staff to be remiss and not notify patients of abnormal test results so they may take action if necessary. It's alarming to think this could be happening to other patients with perhaps more severe issues and/or life threatening issues. Who knows. I can say from my experience, this has been a problem. In addition, when I have had questions for Dr. Harper and called the main line, I am directed to leave a voicemail for her nurse who does not return my calls or answer my questions. It's very frustrating. I'm now looking for a new OB/GYN and hesitate to consider the other doctors in the same office although I have heard that Dr. Lichtinger is a good Dr., but I'm concerned that he has the same unprofessional staff and nurse who do not follow through with patients as expected. Good luck if you plan to have Dr. Harper as your OB/GYN and be sure to take control and call /hound them after your tests to be sure they provide results in case of abnormalities.