inactive

Jennifer Marsden MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

November 29th, 2013
Evaluation as an ethical medical professional
I prefer not to write negative reviews regarding any professional associated with the medical field; however, I feel that there are some mental and ethical traits which pertain to this general family practitioner which should be exposed. Although Dr. Marsden attended a well known and rather highly accredited medical school, some of her personality traits are unbecoming of what I would refer to as standard ethical practices of general family care physicians. She gives the overall appearance of being a well-balanced, rational, and competent doctor; however, after having dealt with her for a period of time-serious questions have entered my mind regarding her personality (which strongly affect her level of care for her patients). As long as you pleasantly agree with her diagnosis and plan of medical care; and likewise, go along with her treatment recommendations, I believe you will get along fairly well with her. If; however, you disagree with or contradict her-to the extent of questioning her diagnosis and plan of treatment based upon your own extensive online medical research, she may become quite vindictive, vicious, and even spiteful. It is somewhat difficult to discern this aspect of her personality, because she personifies to her patients a "poker face," in that she appears to be a compassionate, caring and understanding doctor; however, if she places you on her "not so desirable patients list," she may actually cause one future medical problems. This, I sincerely believe, has occurred regarding her medical treatment pertaining to me. I fear her retaliation; therefore, I choose to make my comments vague and general as opposed to specific. I believe that if she knew my identity, she may cause me problems with any future doctors that I may choose to place myself under the care thereof. She apparently does not like for educated people to question her medical diagnostic procedures and treatment recommendations. I would not recommend her to any of my friends. Furthermore, I will not place myself under her medical care in the future.

December 20th, 2011
Evaluation
Dr. Marsden's maintaining a practice in a very small community, leaves one to question her confidence in herself. Perhaps she doesn't feel qualified to compete with general care physicians in more populated areas (or maybe she just prefers small community life)?! I, personally know, that she will lie to her patients to "cover her tracks," if she thinks that she may have made an error in her medical evaluation or testing-especially, if the same involves possible negligence on her part. This suggest to me that she may have been confronted with a malpractice lawsuit or two during her practice. On one occasion, she made it quite difficult for me to get copies of my medical records. It was clear to me that she was concerned that she had misdiagnosed a serious medical condition, and that she did not conduct a thorough evaluation-or testing that would normally be expected (considering the verbalized symptoms).I suppose no one, not even doctors, are perfect; however, when the error involves yours truly, that occasional imperfection isn't as easily dismissed-especially, when the same puts you in a hospital for days! She sometimes allows personality flaws to lower her professionalism by responding rather immaturely to things patients may do that annoy her, and in this area, she can become somewhat revengeful. Overall, she appears to be about as well qualified as most small town general family practitioners; so, I will probably continue to see her, at least until her personality quirks continually override her professionalism.