Dr. Jennifer Mcdonald MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Vancouver, WA

2.2

April 10th, 2017
Doesn't Care About Patients
Been a patient for years but have decided to finally find a new doctor. Reading other people's comments, I totally agree. She doesn't seem interested in any "issues". She makes you feel like you're over exaggerating everything. Followup is next to none. Just time to find a doctor that will listen and then follow through with treatment...someone who cares about their patients.

September 8th, 2016
Bizarre Experience
I saw Dr. McDonald a couple of years ago for the first time. That time she was pleasant, patient, thorough, and happily answered my questions. I was impressed, so had no problem scheduling an appointment to see her again when I had a concern about something potentially life threatening. I was shown to the exam room by her nurse, who took my vitals and questioned me about my current concerns. She wrote them all down and told me the doctor would be with me in a few minutes; she was finishing up with a patient. After 20 minutes Dr. McDonald came breezing in with what appeared to be an assistant in training. The assistant was seated at a computer and it was her job to input or find information from my file. Dr. McDonald started asking me questions about my medical history. I was confused because I've been going to that clinic for years, and she was treating me like a new patient. She was rapid-firing questions at me, asking for dates of procedures I had many years ago. When I pointed out that the dates were already on file she told me it was easier to ask me than look them up. After the "interrogation" she asked me what I was there for. I told her. She told me to get undressed. She came back and proceeded to give me a full physical, like a routine yearly physical. That's fine, but not why I was there that day. Even more troubling was how she gave the physical. She rushed through it, while barking orders at both me and the assistant. Finally she got around to why I was there. I showed her my area of concern and she seemed to brush it off. Then she told me we can biopsy it if I want; it was up to me. WHAT?! I came there for medical advice. I made an appointment for the biopsy, but ended up cancelling it. I cannot stand the thought of having Dr. McDonald cut into my body. During this appointment she hurried through, made me feel like I was an inconvenience, and belittled me. I'm sure her poor assistant felt the same way. Dr. McDonald is a nightmare.

August 27th, 2015
Terrible practice went there once given prescription called for a wk with no return call. Felt like I was imposing on her, never listened, spent about 10mins for a physical

August 3rd, 2015
FINALLY!!!!
Finally someone who gets my sleep issues!!! Down to earth, easy to talk to, great listener! Didn't feel rushed. Provided great resource information. Was able to get an appointment within a week. Highly recommend her if you have hard to treat sleep issues.

February 5th, 2015
Dr MacDonald is the most incredibly rude physician I have ever met. I felt very uncomfortable with her.

April 6th, 2014
First visit
I liked Dr McDonald. Very through. I'm in good hands.

November 14th, 2013
Very disappointing experience
This doctor was very short with me and did not give time to answer questions. At the beginning of the examination I told her that i felt uncomfortable and asked if i had offended her. She mumbled something about not thinking I heard her. The doctor than left the room. almost every time she left the room the door sounded like a slam. She came back a minute later and resumed as if nothing happened. When she examined me on the table she told me that she was going to listen to me cough and briskly lifted my shirt from the back. As the examination had ended and she sent out info to the pharmacy she handed me a note for my work that i had asked for letting them know why I was not at work today and just said bye. I was left not knowing if she was coming back because although she said bye i had no sense of real closure. After about a minute i put on my coat and walked out of exam room confused as to where I go. I asked a nurse where to leave then found my way out. I felt as if I was encroaching on her time, made to feel inferior. I was shaken and disappointed with my experience with Dr Jennifer McDonald.

July 16th, 2013
former patient
There is something very wrong with this woman. I found her to be not just condescending, but mean. I do not think that she likes her work and I know she does not like her patients. Will NEVER talk to her again.

March 19th, 2012
Disturbed
Something is very wrong about this person. You will save yourself a lot of grief by asking a friend for a recommendation to some one they trust. I made the mistake of choosing this doctor by her education. Our experience with Dr. McDonald was very unpleasant and almost cost my wife her life. Very unprofessional.

June 29th, 2010
Getting prescription refills was extremely difficult. Bedside manner is very brusque.I am no longer a patient! Very unprofessional and I might even say unethical with patient handling.