Dr. Jennifer Neilsen MD Patient Reviews

3.2

June 30th, 2016
It is so hard to find a doctor who actually LISTENS to a patient and connects with her patients on a personal level while maintaining such professionalism and excellent care! Dr Neilsen is that gem!

February 23rd, 2016
Best doctor ever.
Best doctor I've ever seen. I was battling infertility and she figured out I had stage 4 endometriosis. She was the 1st doctor to listen to me and care about how important becoming pregnant was to me. She invests in her patients. She opened me up to do a laporscopic surgery on my endo and she realized it was worse than expected and out of her expertise. Instead of trying anyways she referred me to a doctor who could fix me. What kind of doctor admits when they can't do something?? An amazing one!!!! She's worth 10 stars.

February 16th, 2016
Seems friendly but not prepared
She seems friendly and tries to listen to patient's concern; however, my last visit with her she didn't came prepared and actually asked me what she can do for me after I have waited 45 minutes before she came to the room. I was shocked with the question and but still minded my manners and told her why I was there and she read the result and then guided me out to the room while she continued to discuss my condition with staff and other patients just a foot away.

November 18th, 2013
Nice doctor, but wouldn't recommend for a c-section
She was always very nice and took extra time to answer all my questions, which I greatly appreciated because other doctors in the practice failed to do so. However, when it came to my actual surgery (repeat C-section) I was less than thrilled. It was overall a bad experience. This was not an emergency C-section so made it very clear that this was my last baby and wanted to look as nice as possible. I healed fairly well after my first and this one looks really bad. I know that I have extra scar tissue now from having two C-sections but what bothers me the most is that it looks indented because she didn't sew the fatty tissue back together. I guess that is the norm, but for me it resulted in an indention. I didn't have that with my first C-section. If you are having a repeat C-section, I would opt for someone else. It's really difficult being that there aren't many options in this area, but if I ever found myself pregnant once again I would make the drive to Wilmington and try to find a doctor that will do a C-section scar revision along with the repeat C-section because the one I have now is horrible. As an obgyn, for check ups and birth control I would recommend her because she is a really sweet lady. I just wasn't pleased with my C-section scar and felt it could've been done better.