Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
UMC Medical Office Plaza
3502 9th St
Ste G10
Lubbock, TX 79415
806-743-4256
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Mar 17th, 2013

Dr. Phy is an amazing doctor. She's the best I've ever been to. I went to a fertility specialist in Albuquerque, they were uncaring, unprofessional, & only wanted your money! Dr. Phy has an incredible bedside manner she always made me feel comfortable. You can just tell she loves what she does. I don't agree at all with any negative comments about her because she is the sweetest person I've met as a doctor. I went through 1 IVF cycle with her & am awaiting happy results!

|  Do NOT Recommend  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

She took a half glance at my medical history and current meds and immediately labeled me as a hypochondriac drug-seeker (even though i never ever asked her for any type of narcotic, ever) After 4 other gynecologists performed a laproscopy and found extremely severe active endometriosis on multiple organs and my pelvic wall along with massive scar tissue and life threatning cysts, she claimed there was no way i could have ever had endometriosis at all, much less severe. After months of absolutely no treatment of any kind and emotional abuse of beingtold i was either a liar or crazy or a junkie, i left. I saw another doctor who found outrageously severe endometriosis and my left ovary was stuck to the bottom of my uterus due to the active lesions and old scar tissue, it was also engulfed in a cyst so large they had to take to ovary to save my life (6 months after dr. Phy gave me a clean bill of health and resended my endometriosis diagnosis) he also found at the same time some rapidly developing pre-cancer cells on my cervix that Dr. Phy Claimed were nothing to worry about, just a standard abnormality (last i checked, pre-cancer is pretty dangerous and not exactly "standard". Now, 2 years later and multiple more surgeries, i had to have a complete hysterectomy and oopherecomy for tge remaining ovary (i am 24 years old childless). Had i been treated like a human being, or treated at all for the 8 months i was a patient of Dr. Phy, perhaps there is a chance I could have controlled my illness a bit better and i wouldnt be 24, infertile, and have permanent nerve damage from the excrutiating pain ive been in the past 8 years. And maybe her taking me seriously wouldnt have made any difference, but ill never forgive her for taking away 8 months of possible treatment of my very very severe endometriosis, nor for making me believe i was a crazy person and making me feel like a worthless piece of trash who simply didnt deserve help. I thank God for my current doctor who took me seriously and literally saved my life from a cyst large enough to destroy an ovary and threaten my life had it ruptured. Dr. Phy thinks she knows everything and is very self-rightous and the most judgemental physician ive EVER dealt with (and ive seen my fair share of physicians). I do NOT recommend this doctor to anybody looking for help or to be treated like a human being. She did one good thing recommending a pain specialist that i still travel 2 hours to see and he has done as much as possible to help me live a somewhat functional life. Her staff in the clinic were so excellent and wonderful, its unfortunate they arent working with a doctor who takes their oath seriously, because Dr. Phy does not. This "doctor" basically broke me, she played a part in a pretty hefty downfall of my health.

by Tracy D on Mar 7th, 2010

Dr. Phy was a wonderful doctor. We went through IVF 3 times with her. I couldn't have gotten through it without her. She is still not only my doctor but my friend. She still comes to my daughter's parties. She was true blessing to my family.

|  Awe-some  |  show details
by Charla Nicholson on Sep 8th, 2009

Was seen after a miscarriage and she was very compassionate and understanding but most of all encouraging and optimistic. Very thorough, professional and over all the ideal doctor.

|  Fertility Issues-go see this Dr.!!  |  show details
by Ehrharts of Amarillo on Jun 19th, 2009

Dr. Phy was wonderful with my husband and I at explaining everything about the process and what we needed to expect. She returned every call, made sure we were comfortable at every step. I have PCOS and she was able to diagnose that issue and offer treatment options in addition to supervising our IVF. We got pregnant the first time we tried with her by following all of her instructions.She is very blunt and honest about your health and the steps you can take to improve your chances at fertility. We have recommended her to dozens of people we know that are struggling with conception.

May 4th, 2009

Dr. Phy has a terrible bedside manner. I would never recommend her to anyone.