Dr. Jennifer Hensley MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2016
If you want to spend extra $300 dollars go for it!
I needed annual whole body exam because I have very fair skin. During this appointment I complained about rash which looked like eczema but was not itchy. I have eczema for my entire life. Doctor Hensley told be that she is unsure if this is eczema and took biopsy to make sure. Biopsy confirmed that it was eczema (no surprise). She prescribed cream which did not help much. 3 Weeks later I received a letter from my insurance which said that claim from pathology lab was denied because whoever submitted this biopsy test did not get preauthorization from the insurance company. I called to my insurance and I was told that pathology lab is out of network and before dermatologist sent any labwork there she had to get authorization which apparently she did not. So now I have to pay $300 dollars bill to this pathology lab for unnecessary biopsy. Also appointment claim was $186 but biopsy procedure $183. So I can assume that biopsy was totally unnecessary and this doctor just makes money. What kind of dermatologist you should be to do not know how eczema looks??? And how you can not know how insurance works! Would not recommend to anybody.

February 20th, 2017