Dr. Jennifer Ratcliffe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 10th, 2016
Not a Doctor I'd go back to
First time I went to see Dr. Ratcliffe she explained my condition which was great but she talked so fast I couldn't comprehend any of it. I just had a procedure done and she wouldn't explain anything to me the only way I knew about my results I had to call the receptionist and she explained everything to me. Dr Ratcliffe is rude and makes you feel that your not worth her time.

December 3rd, 2015
fertility
Let me start by saying this has been a long and difficult journey, both physically but more so emotionally and mentally. And unless you have gone through it,its hard to relate to infertility. We, like many others tried to start life out the right way...... Find yourself, get that "job" you worked so hard for, and become a professional productive member to society, then find that one right person who was meant for you and start a family. Unfortunately it all sounds like a grand plan, but when your older starting a family isn't always as easy as it's suppose to be..... So, that is where Dr. Radcliffe and her amazing crew came in. And, its been a long exhausting road as well, but the end results make all the sacrifices worth it!! The whole office is like one big family, they are all so helpful and supportive working together as a team. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Ratcliffe, her intelligence, professionalism, and her direct way of communicating. Yes she is a the "matter of fact" type, but that is what I like. I dont need anyone to candy coat anything. I want to know the specifics and correct information, even if its not what I want to hear, that way I can make an educated decision based on facts to hopefully get better results.... I also found her sense of humor to make uncomfortable situations (constant ultrasounds,ect) much easier and more tolerable, easing the situation. The medical staff in the office were all so incredible!! Very comforting and friendly as well through this whole process. Bonnie the IVF coordinator was very sweet and helpful, guiding us through the whole process, and what to expect. Ashley the secretary was always so sweet, answering all my calls with her pleasant voice and answering my crazy questions with her sweet demeanor. Then of course there are the medical assistants Patty and Jamie... What blessings and huge assets they are to this office! Like I said, its been a very long journey with multiple IVF procedures, blood draws, ect.. A massive emotional roller coaster, and through it all they were kind, supportive, knowledgeable, and very professional. They made every painful and emotional step much easier with their support and kindness! Always bubbly and happy making you feel at ease. I cannot thank them enough for their support through this whole process, what a difference having GREAT staff makes!!! I cannot say enough great things about these two!! And that leaves us where we are today. With positive results,a positive experience and our first little one on the way, YAY!!! Thank you to the team for your dedication and devotion to helping us achieve our goal... We are FOREVER grateful for everything, and cannot express our gratitude!!

October 11th, 2015
My husband and I really liked Dr Ratcliffe and the office in general. We went to her after working with another specialist when my OBGyn recommended we switch. My OBGyn said Dr Ratcliffe doesn't sugar-coat things but she gets people pregnant. I was nervous for my consultation after reading reviews but we thought Dr Ratcliffe was funny and friendly and I had a lot of confidence in her because of other couples I know that were successful with her. I never had to wait long for my appointments. Whenever I called with a question I got an immediate answer. Patty was great and friendly during my visits. She helped put me at ease when teaching me to do my injections because I have a very difficult time with needles. We did a successful round of IVF.

August 12th, 2015
After years of different doctors Dr Ratcliffe was the only doctor who I successfully carried with to full term

May 22nd, 2014
Beautiful Loves
Everything about Dr. Ratcliffe and staff is fabulous. They took care of us and stayed connected with us after all our babies arrived. We had 2 amazing experiences and now have 3 kiddos to fill our hearts! My brother in law and wife also had assistance from Dr. Ratcliffe and they too have a sweet love, with another bun on the way. Our life is forever blessed because if Dr. Ratcliffe's dedication and gifted medical knowledge!!!

March 29th, 2014
Top Notch across the board
I am reading some of these reviews and feeling as though it is a very different doctor that I have been seeing. The pros: Dr. Ratcliffe is incredibly smart. She and her team know their craft like the back of their hand. They are like a well oiled machine. I have yet to meet another fertility doctor with such a top notch team. I wouldn't call her an "overly nurturing mother" like some of these folks seem to need. I would call her professional, honest, direct which is rare in a doctor. Most doctors keep you hanging on and you never quite seem to know where you stand or make excuses for inept performances. If my partner and I could give her 10 stars it would be a bit more appropriate given how good she is and her staff. That's probably why her office is always busy when I have been there for an appointment. I am not a big fan of doctors but look forward to my visits there.

October 11th, 2013
Every time i walked into that office and gave them my business, i felt like i was selling a little piece of my soul. Dr. Ratcliffe is rude and just creepy. The only reason i went to her was due to her proximity to where i live. If i had to do it all over again i would have sacrificed my time to drive farther and see someone whom i could feel good about going to. IVF is stressful enough and to have to dread your office visits and feel mistreated, it just about pushed me over the edge. I did get pregnant and even despite this, i cannot recommend this clinic. I feel even though it was a success, i will regret having had this experience and a negative undertone was set to my pregnancy experience. Not worth it.

August 20th, 2013
So far..
So far my experience is consistent with what I am seeing here. I will see her for a while longer and write another review. She is direct, informative, and seems to be "all-business" about getting me pregnant. That is what I need, not a new 'best girlfriend' or 'pep-talker' so that is fine. I do think, though, that her demeanor is borderline rude and that she might instill more confidence in a positive outcome if she could take one moment to show a human, compassionate side. Basically, my interactions with her are unpleasant and if her treatments (which are VERY expensive) are ineffective than that will be a shame. If they work, then I guess who cares in the end...

July 25th, 2013
DO NOT GO THERE!!!! WASTE OF TIME
This place is just a waste of people's money!! Dr ratcliffe is plain rude and careless!!😡 You will be very disappointed if you decide to even was a penny on her.. I don't say this to be mean but I say this because its very true and I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I went through !! She gets very mad if you call after hours. You can't even ask questions or she gets mad also!! Like lady really that's your job!! VERY DISAPOINTED UNLESS SHE KNOWS THAT YOU HAVE ALOT OF MONEY SHE WILL FAKE IT OUT AND BE NICE.. For what?? To get money out of you of course LET ME FINISH BY SAYING SHE HAS NO BEDSIDE MANNER AT ALL!! I hope everyone really takes this to heart I am really saying the truth about her.. If I can give her no stars I would

July 21st, 2013
Good experience overall.
Yes, infertility is a tough experience to go through. We found Dr Ratcliffe to be factual and direct. During the initial appointment, she explained how metformin works for PCOS patients, something no other doc had done despite prescribing it. We were advised to reduce my weight (metformin helped with this) and contact them when we were ready to proceed. We gradually worked our way through the options from least invasive to IVF over a 18 month period. We trusted her guidance on when to go to the next step and always felt like she had carefully considered the options and was on our side. The office staff and nurses were always polite and returned calls in a reasonable time frame. And yes, we're (finally) pregnant.

July 8th, 2013
IVF: Good Choice with Ratcliffe
I think that Dr Ratcliffe is an excellent choice for IVF. I grew up around a medical field family so I have a sense of what makes a good doctor. I am impressed with her knowledge, confidence, and enthusiasm. I do not understand the other reviews...She is courteous, witty and has strong ability to answer questions or explain procedure in both simple laymen terms or technical exactness so we could make good educated decisions. She was so much better than the previous Dr who was pandering and slow to take action! I would highly recommend her for those whose clock is working against their fertility odds.

June 23rd, 2013
WORST PLACE TO GO TO!!!!!😁
Just simple DON'T GO THERE and waste your valuable money it's not worth spending it on her that has NO BEDSIDE MANNER WHAT SO EVER she doesn't care about her patients nor does she ever want to answer pt questions over the phone.. Trust me it's the worst decision anyone can make is going there.. She should seriously not even be open!!