Dr. Jennifer Santiago MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

June 16th, 2016
I had an appointment today and am extremely happy! Everyone I had interactions with was friendly and professional. I arrived about 10 minutes early and went in the back on-time. Dr. Santiago was happy to listen to my concerns and give information and advice. She was also very open to me deciding how to proceed with next steps. The overall exam was quick and painless. When it was done, I was left wondering if she remembered to do the PAP because I didn't feel it or the usual after effects. I had some blood work done after and the lab tech ended up confirming my suspicions that the doctors there seem to make the PAP unnoticeable... The only issue I had was when I scheduled a follow up appointment for the following week, the appointment got scheduled for 2 weeks out instead of 1. I called the office after I realized what my appointment card said and was able to bump the appointment up to next week. So problem solved. I am super happy with everything, especially considering all the mixed reviews I've been reading.

March 7th, 2013
Do yourself a favor...skip this practice. Dr Bissel and her Associates are cold, impersonal and indifferent to the needs or concerns of the patient. They are fine if you want to have a C-section and have additional sources of info about your pregnancy and birth. They seemed annoyed by questions. Initially they were fine but later treated my pregnancy like a paycheck by making all efforts to encourge a C-section. They later refused walk-in emergency follow up care and my primary had to intervene due to complications (stitches that extended into opposite side of labia causing painful ulcer). The practice nurses are the saving grace of this operation.

January 25th, 2012
OK
Her medical care is fine. She is compassionate, answers all questions, and is responsive to concerns. She does not however respond to phone calls.The administrative staff however is inept at best. They are rude, condescending, and incapable of managing an office or schedule. I have never had a wait-time less than 1 hr.

November 25th, 2010
Very Disappointed with McDonald's Drive-Thru Approach to Gyn Care
As a new patient, I was very disappointed in the rushed, 'drive-thru' manner in which this practice operates (a clue was listening to another patient discuss in painful detail her 'condition' with the reception staff AFTER she'd seen the doctor, who apparently was too busy to answer the patient's questions). Especially for an initial visit, a top-notch gynecologist actually reviews your medical history with you via a consult in addition to the actual exam. This was NOT the case with Dr. Santiago. While she seems nice, I was not impressed at all with the actual medical care due to the extremely rushed nature and failure on her part to even get a reasonable medical history from me. She never asked about my iron levels, calcium, nor did she do any bloodwork so that she could clearly understand for herself my gyn needs as a middle-aged woman. I will definitely follow up with another doctor shortly so that I can get the care I sought here.

May 13th, 2010
Best doc I've ever seen!
Dr. Santiago is amazing! I had a high risk pregnancy (gestational diabetes & blood pressure issues) and Dr. Santiago was so incredibly thorough in her care for me and my unborn baby that I never doubted for a second that my baby and I were in the most capable hands. I was always impressed with how much time she spent with me and my husband answering any and all questions we had about our baby. She always errs on the side of caution. She has an incredible bedside manner, and I found it most refreshing that she had a sense of humor and was always able to reassure us, even when something wasn't quite right with the pregnancy. I ended up having a C-section a couple days ahead of my planned date of delivery and Dr. Santiago was on call, thank goodness. She put me at ease in the prep room and during the surgery, talking with me through the entire procedure. My husband and I ended up with hospital and doctor bills totaling in the several thousands of dollars and had decided to go to Kaiser Permanente after this baby was born....now I can't possibly bring myself to switch because I know we'll be trying for a second child, and I can't imagine placing my unborn child's care in anyone else's hands.

January 26th, 2010
Dr. Santiago is a gem. She has always made me feel comfortable and relaxed, even when facing a hard diagnosis. I highly recommend her.