Dr. Jennifer Schening Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jennifer Schening?

August 7th, 2016

Excellent care from Next Generation Pediatrics

Excellent care. Makes mom and children feel at ease. Supportive and knowledgeable.

April 19th, 2016

She is, hands down, the best pediatrician any of my three kids have seen!!!

January 21st, 2016

it was my first time here. The nurses and the doctor are both very friendly. I liked that they have separate room for kids that are no sick. Cute decorations in all of the rooms. Looking forward for my next appointment.

March 2nd, 2015

Billing is the number 1 priority

She seems more interested in billing for diagnostic checks than caring for the well being of a child. Ask anyone who has had a lead test here, or ask Kane County about the number of complaints to this office for lead tests.

July 8th, 2013

Dr. Schening is great

My wife and I love Dr. Schening. She listens to you! Throughout my experience with doctors is that they won't give you much time to ask questions or even hear you out. Dr. Schening does. I haven't experienced any demeaning attitude towards me or have seen her talk to her staff that way. She also allows us options for treating our daughter if she is sick. I rather treat my daughter holistically and my wife the traditional american way with drugs. Dr. Schening informs us of either method and we can choose. Also, with vaccines she is flexible. She allows us to do only one per visit when we started with them. She also told us we can choose to do what the AAP suggests for the vaccine schedule. We can also get appointments the same day if our daughter is sick. I would definitely recommend her.

September 10th, 2012

My husband and I brought our five day old son to see Dr. Schening. We waited in the room for over an hour before she came in to see us. At that time, my son was very hungry from waiting so long so he was crying. Dr. Schening was abrupt and rude and rolled her eyes because my newborn son was crying and it was difficult to hear her. She proceeded to spout out things that we "needed to do" for our son - Vitamin K tablets, probiotics, basically things that we were aware of but had no interest in being lectured about. The bottom line here is Dr. Schening clearly had a problem with us from the start because we had a home birth. She made several discriminatory comments and her manner with us was extremely rude, but worse than that, she showed no kindness toward our days old son. There was a medical student intern in the room, who Dr. Schening paid more attention to - causing my husband and I unease as she showed the student spots on my son's throat - which later she explained were not serious. She also made us feel worried that our son had lost a few ounces since birth, which we knew from research is perfectly normal. We left the office and both felt terrible. It was an awful experience through and through. I am writing this review as a new mother to spare other new parents the negative experience of seeing a pediatrician who has no place practicing medicine. New parents want peace of mind that their baby is healthy and well, not a list of unnecessary worries. And for anyone reading who is planning to have or has had a homebirth, stay away from this doctor. Your personal choice to deliver your baby at home does not deserve to be discriminated against by a doctor who doesn't understand.

September 8th, 2012

She milks insurance, treats home births poorly

Dr. Schening has kept our son in the hospital against our will when there were more cost effective and potentially better methods of care that could have been provided. She did a poor job of managing the issue and refused to order tests and talked down to us. Our impression was that she viewed our home birth negatively, and was going out of her way to create a prolonged hospital stay for us. She was rude, and showed little to no compassion for our son. I would encourage other parents to look elsewhere for the care of their children.

July 31st, 2012

Love her new doctor in the office.

When I first found Dr.Schening I was overly excited, She took her time with me and always explained everything to me. But it seems that lately she is very quick with her patients. I never know which side of her I will get. She was amazing when I had my second child, she came to the hospital and released him a day early only if I promised that I would bring him to see her the very next day, I did just that but her attitude seemd to have changed. She didn't seem to care about my concerns at all..... Then I was told that my son has a rare skin condition I was visibly upset and trying not to burst into tears, With every question I asked she seemed to have a worse attitude with me. Mind you my baby is only a day old and I'm being told that he probably has this but She won't answer most of my questions, other than it wasn't anything I did. Thankfully she has a new doctor working in her office and I absolutely love her, She is amazing, my daughter loves her, She listens to my concerns and doesn't just brush me off.... Don't get me wrong there are times that I like Dr.Schening I just never know wich side of her I'll get. I will always take my children to her because she always gets the correct diagnosis, For now I'll stick with the other doctor...

July 23rd, 2012

I had settled for my 3rd pediatrician after two awful ones, and thought we'd just have to deal with it. Then I gave birth to my 3rd son, and Dr. Schening was the doctor on call while I was at the hospital. I liked her so much that I decided to switch offices, and I'm so glad I did. We are very pleased with everything about this office and doctor. My one frustration is that wait times tend to be very long, but the reason for this is that she does not force patients out the door, she makes sure they have a good understanding and are comfortable. So, I'm willing to wait for our turn, knowing that we will get the same treatment.

July 14th, 2011

Great pedi

She is a excellet doctor....I have 3 kids and she is great, spend a lot time every time we go there...her office is beatiful and clean,..her staff are super nice....

April 30th, 2011

An Excellent Pediatrician

Dr. Schening runs a great practice. She is our third pediatrician and it is such a relief to find "the one." My daughter has food allergies that have caused her some painful rashes, and she and her staff have been very understanding and sympathetic both to us and our baby. She is comfortable with alternative vaccination schedules while being mindful of weighing the pros and cons of waiting or not giving vaccines. She is also very accepting of alternative treatments such as probiotics for my daughter's sensitive stomach. Her office is beautiful and covered with murals that help give kids something fun to look at while being examined. She's a mom herself, so she understands what parents go through. She has taken a lot of time to help us figure out what to do about our daughter's allergies and that is the mark of a good doctor. I am very happy we found Dr. Schening and would recommend her to friends and family in a heartbeat.

April 21st, 2011

Wasn't a fan of this office or doctor. She talks down to her staff in front of patients! Very unprofessional