Dr. Jennifer Shashek Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jennifer Shashek?

Knows very little about psychiatry....

Posted on April 17th, 2015

Dr. Shashek lacks the confidence and intelligence that you would expect to find in a good psychiatrist. She quickly labels you with a false diagnosis that is derived from a 10 minute "routine" interview. Following that, it's a crapshoot of different medications that she prescribes without knowledge, care or concern for her patients. She does not have a vested interest in helping you, but rather labeling you and getting paid. She exhibits no emotion, excitement and/or assertiveness in her profession. If anything, she seems uncomfortable and nervous during each appointment. I am deeply disappointed in my experience with her, and can honestly say that I've made zero progress under her care (or lack thereof). I strongly suggest doing some research before selecting her as your psychiatrist. Simply stated, there are MUCH better options out there.

NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE MONTHLY RX

Posted on May 1st, 2012

Dr. Shashek's office makes getting the monthly prescription a nightmare. First - Rita - the prescription girl - does NOT answer her phone. It rings forever. Most people would hang up by the time the answer machine FINALLY kicks in. THEN, she wants you to call in 7 - 10 days before you need the RX, because that is how long it will take to get the RX and mail to you, she warns. Anyone who has an ADD teen or young adult knows this is an impossible formula!!! They only tell you when they are out, or almost out. Then you can't get thru to the office. I'd go elsewhere.

Avoid this doctor and option

Posted on December 20th, 2011

Dr. Shashek will diagnose you quickly without taking the time to get to know you. She will take what you say and slap a label on you, which will affect your ability to get life insurance at a good rate. She will prescribe you a wide array of mind-altering drugs, none of which worked for me. Unless you consider gaining weight and having sleep paralysis "working". She does not care about your problems or how you feel. She simply wants to label you, give you meds, and get paid. I would suggest talk therapy if you want someone to care for you and really help you get through what you're struggling with.

Avoid this quack

Posted on November 4th, 2010

Ms. Shashek appears to have worse anxiety than I do. I felt like I was writing the prescription myself considering I told her what med I wanted to try and decided on the dosage myself. Then she wanted THREE follow up appointments. The first two of those were 25 minutes in the waiting room, 5 minutes in her office and a copay out of my pocket. I tried to avoid the 3rd follow up because there was no need for it and she refused to refill the script she'd had me on for 3 months, forcing a cold turkey withdrawal. This is not a doctor, this is a copay collection agency.

Copay Collection Agency