Family Physicians

21803 N Scottsdale Rd
Ste 125
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
(623) 693-1716
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Direct and to the point!  |  show details
by T. Skipper on Jun 11th, 2013

I visited Dr. Sosnowski a few months ago for a sinus infection that had been bothering me for quite sometime. Her staff is friendly and warm giving me the paperwork to fill out and processing it in a quick manner. I was put into a room for the Doctor. I only waited a few minutes before I was seen and I was pleased to know I didn't have step throat. Dr. Sosnowski is very direct and to the point. She doesn't waste time with small talk and she appears and acts very well educated. I appreciate a doctor with this demeanor because I have had a few that speak with a mouse-like voice, overly sweet, and way too much small talk. Those types of Doctors, I'm sure do fine, but they appear ditsy and it makes me question their practice. After my quick visit, she dispensed my medications in her office so I didn't wait for a pharmacist to fill my medication. I am happy to be her patient and will continue to go back. I feel that she is, by far, the most confident, polite, and direct doctor I have ever had for my care. She really is the "No Bones About It" type of gal and I find that to be refreshing in this field of work.

|  Refreshing Approach to my Chronic Illnesses  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

It has been incredibly refreshing to have Dr. Sosnowski on my team as I continue to tackle chronic medical problems that have plagued me for over 15 years. For the first time in many years, finally a physician sat with me and took the time to listen, analyze and explain her recommendations.She also did not hesitate to push me to be admitted to the hospital, directly from an office visit despite my reluctance. She provided the right amount of reassurance and firmness that was needed.She authentically cares and really listens. It is sad to say that those are nearly impossible traits to find with physicians these days - especially the "best" docs. In my opinion Dr. Sosnowski better fits the description of "one of the best."

|  Dr. Jennifer Sosnowski  |  show details
by Edward Lyon on Aug 18th, 2010

We called Dr. Sosnowski about coming to see my elderly bed-bound mother, who suffers from heart disease and had initially been thought terminal. Dr. Sosnowski seemed very agreeable and said she would see my mother. I told her I would write a long email describing her condition and situation, in order to save her time gaining this information. In it I described in detail my mother's recent medical history, hospital and hospice experience, problems with drugs, our care for her at home, her need for a home health care service, our interest in nutrition, and what we were looking for in a doctor. She replied by email that she felt she would work for us. She said that although she is a regular Md, she Practices something called "functional medicine', involves diet and nutrition. I replied that this sounded good and may be helpful to my mother. We made an appointment for 4PM Monday.As Dr. Sosnowski does not take Medicare, we said we'd pay her directly, but wanted to see whether Medicare might pay part of her fee. Dr. Sosnowski said she would call our Medicare provider, and I gave her my mother's personal and insurance information to allow her speak to them. Dr. Sosnowski didn't show up for her appointment with us, and we thought maybe she had been called on a medical emergency. The next morning, Tuesday, when I checked my email I found she had written before the appointment time that she needed an additional piece of personal data to be allowed to speak to our Medicare provider, and wanted to do that before the appointment. I sent the data right away, and waited for her reply, but Dr. Sosnowski never contacted us again. I called and left phone messages or wrote emails each day after that, with no response. We were bewildered about this, but thought there must be a reasonable explanation - maybe she didn't have an appointment time open yet. Finally, on Saturday, I reached her on the phone and asked why we hadn't heard from her. She was curt and said rapidly that she didn't feel she could help us because she had thought she would be practicing multiple something-or-other and it seemed to her that we were only interested in help getting her into home health. I assured her that we had been looking for a good doctor for a while and didn't know what help she might need, but that she was in need home health. Dr. Sosnowski had no patience to listen and abruptly said "I can't help you" and hung up on me. I would describe her manner as rudely peremptory. I had always been open and courteous to her. I stand by the truth of everything I have said above. Beyond that, I will allow that what I say below may be open to interpretation. However, I am confident that my interpretation is quite reasonable.There is no escaping the fact that she dropped us without any notice or explanation, leaving us hanging for days. That by itself is inconsiderate and unprofessional. More than that, it caused my mother a great deal of stress worrying during that time. A responsible doctor would not do this, particularly to a heart patient. Further, her expressed reason for doing so makes no sense. She knew from the beginning that we needed home health (obviously a doctor alone wouldn't be able to provide the regular care a bedridden heart patient would need), and also knew what we wanted in a doctor. She agreed to come on that basis. Her inexplicable behavior reveals a lapse of judgment at the very least, and possibly incompetence. Whatever merits she may have as a physician we will never know. I am frankly grateful that we escaped having her as my mother's doctor, as someone who behaves as she did may be prone to impatience and is liable to prove difficult to deal with under certain circumstances. Edward Lyon, Glendale, Arizona