Overall Review

3.2

September 11th, 2014
I had a very favorable experience with Dr. Svahn and the staff. I was treated for two different procedures. One was minor surgery and the other required several visits to complete treatment. The wait time to be seen was very brief and the receptionist was quick to let me know if there would be a slight delay due to a complication. I have full confidence in Dr. Svahn. She is not the chatty doctor that some people think they need, but did adequately inform me of what was going to happen with my condition, and did instruct me during procedures. My expectations for Dr. Svahn and her staff were met and I am happy with the results. I will continue to recommend her.

August 27th, 2014
Wasting my time
My review: I've been to Dr. Svahn 3 times. The very first time, I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes before being called back to see the doctor. The 2 time I waited just over an hour. Today, I waited 1 hour and 56 minutes to see the doctor. Finally I left. Enough is enough! Why couldn't the receptionist call me and tell me that the dr was running late? Why not address the late issue while I'm waiting for almost 2 hours in the lobby? Unacceptable. Unprofessional. And DISRESPECTFUL!!! DECIDE FOR YOURSELF WHEN TO WASTE YOUR OWN TIME, DO NOT ALLOW DR.SVAHN'S OFFICE TO DECIDE FOR YOU!!!!

June 6th, 2011
Glad I got a second (and third) opinion...
My first appointment went well....my second, a disaster.....she wouldn't answer my pre-op questions because she said the nurses were angry at her because she spent too long with me THE FIRST TIME! Can you imagine that! I scheduled surgery with her anyway, but then went to 2 other local doctors...both of whom told me NOT to have the recommended surgery. Phew....I am so glad she was so uncaring at my second visit...Imagine what she would do if the nurses were angry with her because she was taking too long DURING my surgery!!! HURRY IT UP???

June 16th, 2010
Terrible experience.
So I had the laser ablation procedure done a couple weeks ago, and I must say it was the worst experience of my life! To make a long story short, the doctor rushed me through my consents, and even neglected to administer anesthetic! This, even after I was writhing in pain. Anyway, I still have pain, and all she recommends is ibuprofen! Hopefully this is not permanent...As for my general experience in the office, the staff was always clueless as far as the appointments scheduled for me only to say "yes, come right in" when you finally were forced to call as they never confirm, only to have a full schedule and tons of waiting. Overall, I was happy to switch doctors for my other procedures.

April 14th, 2009
Insurance Fraud
Misrepresentation of procedures. I had made very clear to the Doctor that I could not afford surgery. Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) is not listed as surgery but yet was billed as such. The Doctor was very aggressive in handling the situation.