Surgeons
Greenwich Village
140 4th Ave
New York, NY 10003
212-420-5648
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Sep 11th, 2014

I had a very favorable experience with Dr. Svahn and the staff. I was treated for two different procedures. One was minor surgery and the other required several visits to complete treatment. The wait time to be seen was very brief and the receptionist was quick to let me know if there would be a slight delay due to a complication. I have full confidence in Dr. Svahn. She is not the chatty doctor that some people think they need, but did adequately inform me of what was going to happen with my condition, and did instruct me during procedures. My expectations for Dr. Svahn and her staff were met and I am happy with the results. I will continue to recommend her.

|  Wasting my time  |  show details
by Robert Shirley on Aug 27th, 2014

My review: I've been to Dr. Svahn 3 times. The very first time, I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes before being called back to see the doctor. The 2 time I waited just over an hour. Today, I waited 1 hour and 56 minutes to see the doctor. Finally I left. Enough is enough! Why couldn't the receptionist call me and tell me that the dr was running late? Why not address the late issue while I'm waiting for almost 2 hours in the lobby? Unacceptable. Unprofessional. And DISRESPECTFUL!!! DECIDE FOR YOURSELF WHEN TO WASTE YOUR OWN TIME, DO NOT ALLOW DR.SVAHN'S OFFICE TO DECIDE FOR YOU!!!!

|  Glad I got a second (and third) opinion...  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

My first appointment went well....my second, a disaster.....she wouldn't answer my pre-op questions because she said the nurses were angry at her because she spent too long with me THE FIRST TIME! Can you imagine that! I scheduled surgery with her anyway, but then went to 2 other local doctors...both of whom told me NOT to have the recommended surgery. Phew....I am so glad she was so uncaring at my second visit...Imagine what she would do if the nurses were angry with her because she was taking too long DURING my surgery!!! HURRY IT UP???

|  Doesnt inspire confidence...  |  show details
by New Yorker on Jul 26th, 2010

Dr Svahn had a markedly abrupt and unfriendly manner. She did not adequately address all relevant questions, such as if laser treatment of varicose veins would help my swollen/aching foot ailment - if they might be related. She hardly gave me anything of worth to go on. That, combined with her poor attitude, did not inspire enough confidence in me to follow up with her. She was recommended in house, from another dept that didnt inspire confidence, the orthopedic wing. They made a completely off the mark recommendation that I soon saw, after paying for a device, was worthless to address my foot issue. The X ray tech was downright nasty. I got a recommendation for a hopefully better vascular surgeon, head of dept, at another place (hospital), after telling my primary care doc I was interested in getting a GOOD diagnosis on vascular issues. Will see how it goes.

|  Terrible experience.  |  show details
by Sarah P. on Jun 16th, 2010

So I had the laser ablation procedure done a couple weeks ago, and I must say it was the worst experience of my life! To make a long story short, the doctor rushed me through my consents, and even neglected to administer anesthetic! This, even after I was writhing in pain. Anyway, I still have pain, and all she recommends is ibuprofen! Hopefully this is not permanent...As for my general experience in the office, the staff was always clueless as far as the appointments scheduled for me only to say "yes, come right in" when you finally were forced to call as they never confirm, only to have a full schedule and tons of waiting. Overall, I was happy to switch doctors for my other procedures.

|  Insurance Fraud  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2009

Misrepresentation of procedures. I had made very clear to the Doctor that I could not afford surgery. Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) is not listed as surgery but yet was billed as such. The Doctor was very aggressive in handling the situation.