Dr. Jennifer Winell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jennifer Winell?

March 12th, 2016

Saved my daughters life. Everyone we saw before her brushed us off. She listened and put us on the right path. God Bless her. No wonder she is always listed as a top doc in South Jersey magazine.

January 14th, 2016

I really can't believe she is a paediatric orthopaedic.

October 25th, 2015

Mom

Awesome Doctor. Spent time with me and my daughter. Explained things in ways we could understand. Will recommend her to all of my friends. Great training as well.

October 16th, 2015

Disappointment

Dr winnell all their knowledgeable, is not good for pediatric patient. She did not speak to my daughter, rather spent about her to me. She is abrupt and to the point but definitely not in a warm way

September 9th, 2015

Wrong career for Dr. Winell

Inattentive, condescending, disrespectful, and dismissive. She's the worst the profession has to offer-- a joke of a doctor.

May 14th, 2015

Shin splints immediately mislabeled as stress fractures

The diagnosis, seemingly motivated by her disrespect and self-centeredness, was inaccurate and harmful.

October 11th, 2014

Love love love Dr. Winell. She successfully braced my daughter for scoliosis so that she did not need surgery. She was kind and patient. She always answered my daughter's questions. I cannot express enough how grateful we are to her. Highly recommend anyone with scoliosis to see this amazing doctor!

August 10th, 2014

Mrs.

Dr. Winell was very informative and compassionate when I visited with my son recently. She explained my sons condition in great detiail. I left feeling quite reassured. I'm thankful there is such a good doctor close by.

August 5th, 2014

I read some of these previous reviews. My daughter is a long time of patient of Dr. Winell's. Some of these people's descriptions of her bedside manner is completely inaccurate. I cannot imagine her every raising a voice to anyone. She is gentle and kind. To blame her for an experience with Profit is also ridiculous. I highly recommend her and will continue to take my daugther to her until she is discharged. Please anyone reading these reviews, please know the review is only as good as the reviewer!

May 13th, 2014

professional and expereinced doctor

I had a very good appointment with Dr. Winell. My daughter badly hurt her ankle. Dr. Winell reviewed the x-ray, examined the ankle and quickly diagnosed it as a growth plate fracture. She put us at ease by telling us how common this injury was for kids and that she should have a complete recovery. She determined a boot was the right course of action, and one of the nurses came minutes later to fit her in the boot and show us how to use it. We go back in 3 weeks, and would expect the same level of professional care

November 20th, 2013

Poor, expected more from CHOP

Dr. Jennifer Winell, is NOT a good doctor, poor bed side manner and so vague with answers you do better just using Wikipedia. She orders blood work, then her nurse calls and says everything is fine..., we actually got the report too and had questions on why she order certain tests and wanted to better understand the results..., Jennifer's team said they did not know how to interpret the results and we should ask our pediatrician, but everything was fine as far as they were concerned..., we asked why and what they were looking for with the blood work and they couldn’t answer (in the initial consultation Winell wanted to blood work to rule out things, but wasn’t specific). We found the answers on our own, no thanks to Winell. Luckily all is well..., Winell was so vague when we meet with her, she could handle a challenge to her statements, she also said our other doctors weren’t real Orthopedic Doctors and didn’t understand the issues (she was the 4th doctor we saw regarding an issue). Not sure Winell understands either…, I wonder if she is a “Real Doctor”. I don’t understand how someone with no personality could be a children's doctor.., seems like she is dealing with her own issues that she can’t come down and talk to people like a real person. Another annoying thing about the visit, is she has a typing assistant in the room taking note while she talks..., very distracting, I guess it saves Winell time in actually thinking about her interactions with her patients. Again very disappointing I almost feel sorry for my insurance company having to pay her. It embarrassing and unfortunate Winell is working at CHOP. CHOP does do excellent work for children, clearly no thanks to Winell.

June 19th, 2012

I DID NOT HAVE THE SAME TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

My daughter ended up with a stress fracture in her back due to sports. Dr Winell was great with us. I even questioned her in regard to treatment plan and she was not insulted in the least and gave me an explaination to what and why it was needed. As for her back brace, my insurance was not accepted by Pro Fit so Icannot comment on that, howver the brace was beautifully done and my daughter has recovered well so far. I called afew times in between and my call was answered promptly, albeit by her NP(which is fine by me). Dr Winell does seem amtter of fact but I don't have a problem with that. I have worked in pediatrics before and I do know parents have a tendancy to over dramatize their childs behaviors. Dr's do need your asssitance in dealing with children especially when they are in pain. I feel the other two ratings were unfair. She is a good Dr, and well worth the wait.