Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 24th, 2015

We saw this doctor because our assigned Ped was not available. This provider does not review the chart to find history of child. My child is 12, been with Oakwood Peds since birth. This provider prescribes vials for a nebulizer which my child has NOT used since 2 years of age. Imagine the shock when picking up a huge package at the pharmacy. We will make sure we never see this provider again. Now we need to wait for the office to send inhaler to pharmacy which we should not have to wait for this.

5 1/2 months in ICN best Dr. EVER show details 5 1/2 months in ICN best Dr. EVER
by Eaddy-Jenkins on Aug 20th, 2010

This is a very long story that I will make extra short. I had the blessing of having Dr.Jerald Purifoy save my daughter life back in August of 2003, when all the other Wake Medical Hospital ICN Dr's had completely(legal measures were taken) given up and requested that we end life support. My daughter was born at 24 weeks & 1 day weighing 1 lb. 5 oz. and measuring 12 in., death seemed certain. They feel from the hospital staff was not if but when. Well at 2 1/2 months death showed up but life begin again (spontanously), despite the death time call. When all others had given up hope and only were making her comfortable due to the forceful nature of the Osciallator life support machine. (completly living on morphine unaware of anything for first 4 months)Dr.Purifoy came in and thought outside of the box. Saving her life when all others had decied she would be in a permanent vegatative state for all of her life, saying how unfair it was for her that we would not release her from her medical acoma. Repating daily that her life would be no life at all, that we selfishly holding on to her and we did not understand the extremity of the situation. She is now a healthy 7 year old and living a completely uninhibited life. Besides extreme contact sports due to VP Shunt. She has some memory and recall issues. She just started second grade two days ago and stays on honor roll. Dr.Purifoy gave us the most professional and emotional support in the ICN and in the SICC clinic. I am always thankful for his expert skills and intuitiveness. My daughter speaks frequently of the Dr who saved her life by obeying God and talks of one day meeting him and learnig how to become a great Dr just like him. I would put my life, duaghters, sons, husband, mother, sister, brother, grandma and entire family lives in his hands trustingly completely again and again and again.