2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Recommend show details Recommend
by Melissa S on Jun 7th, 2016

I have been going to this office for several years and would recommend it to anyone. I was followed by Dr jerry my entire pregnancy and he did a fantastic job each and every visit. He made the visits as short or as long as I needed, if no questions we were done quickly, if I had questions he took his time. Once time for delivery came around, there were no concerns, I had a smooth, very fast first delivery and he stitched me back up, gave me a sincere congrats and was on his way, not because he was in a hurry but because it was an uneventful experience. Will continue to see Dr Jerry and send referrals.

Wouldn't recommend him to no one show details Wouldn't recommend him to no one
Jun 3rd, 2016

Worse Doctor ever

Avoid the Staff show details Avoid the Staff
by Rose Valdez on Jun 1st, 2016

I have seen Dr. Thanos for at least 20 years and he has been competent but his staff is the worst. You never feel welcome, they go out of their way to get you to feel uncomfortable. If you think Nurse Ratchet was scary, try Theresa.. She has yelled at me because they were busy and I had a UTI and said for me "go to emergency."

Very Rude Office Stuff show details Very Rude Office Stuff
by Sophie Yu on Nov 30th, 2015

As most of people reviewed, I would give this office and office stuff zero stars, and I would Not recommend anyone to here. Every time I called the office to make an appoitment they are very rude and let you wait a long long time, Office visit the same too. I wish I never come here... but my family doctor referred me ... I called front desk several times and told them I had a referal and need to see the doctor at the ealiest as I have a bad pain... the front desk finally agreed to schedule me in the following week but when I got there, I was told I was Not in their system... I have a severe pain in my right ovary and I couldntnt stand up straightly the day when I visit..but their attitude is very cold and rude without any care to you pain. They told me I have another appt in their system on Dec 4th... I called today to confirm, but was told my Dec 4th appt. was canceled and not there anymore! I am surprised such an irresponsible medical office and stuff which I thought not qualified to exist... they canceled your appt without any notice and they talk you very rude and indifferentless... I have to find anther doctor quickly to cure my pain but I feel lucky would never come to this office again!!! This is my first time to write a bad review like this I really dont like!

by Darla Saddoris on Oct 29th, 2015

I have seen Dr. Thanos for years. He's performed a major surgery on me as well and I have nothing but good to say about him. He explains everything, takes the time to see if I have any questions and refers immediately for any other medical procedures I have needed. His office staff has been very kind to me and always helpful.

Jul 6th, 2015

Worst doctor ever!!!!!!!

No Problems show details No Problems
by Kathy on May 2nd, 2013

Arrogant... Aren't all doctors a little arrogant? Dr. Jerry monitored my high risk pregnancy and suscessfully delivered my healthy son. I have no complaints. I have always had my questions answered to my satisfaction. He is not a warm and fuzzy kind of doctor, but gets the job done. The NP is amazing!!

Terrible Doctor. Watch out! show details Terrible Doctor. Watch out!
May 17th, 2012

Etremely arrogant. Cares more about saving face. then lives!Stay away from this office and this doctor. Plenty of other great doctors in OC.I see others on this rating board had bad experiences per their reviews. A review from a nurse at St. Jude was not good for this doctor in my opinion.This doctor does not give eye contact. lies to you about your condition. Staff does not call you back or will give you the run around about getting your test results. Just the pits of an office. I dont see how they stay in business.Very bad experienes with this office and the two brothers. Nick and Jerry Thanos. PLEASE STAY AWAY FOR SAFTY SAKE!

May 17th, 2012

In my opinion,I would not use this Dr. J. Thanos or any other doc in the group. In my opinion the level of care is low per standards. Staff is uncooperative and rude. The doctor is arrogant, in my opinion and opinions of others I have spoken to. Diagosis ability may be low per medical standards. surgery eager. check before any surgery. Get several opinions.always be careful who you choose as a physician.

Mar 8th, 2012

I was a new patient to Dr Jerry and liked him alot. He answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable. I will tell friends about him.

Unprofessional office and doctor show details Unprofessional office and doctor
Nov 30th, 2011

STAY AWAY! There are plenty of good doctors in North Orange County. I have never had such a horrible experience with any doctor's office before.1. This doctor lied to me about a procedure. He said it was effective; I later researched it and found out it has a very high failure rate.2. The people in his office are uncaring and unprofessional. They don't call you back after you leave messages, shift blame to others (such as the insurance company) when you call them on their mistakes, and fail to do due diligence in handling insurance claims.

Office is too disorganized show details Office is too disorganized
Nov 3rd, 2011

Dr. Thanos had numerous tests done to determine what the cause of my breakthrough bleeding was. After each diagnostic procedure, I never heard from him. When I called, he wanted me to come in so he could tell me that the test was negative. After the third procedure, I called and the nurse scheduled an appointment but when I showed up, she had scheduled it with the wrong doctor (his brother also shares the office). This office is really busy but it shouldn't be this disorganized. Good luck in getting them to answer the phone or trying to get any information from them.

Oct 11th, 2011

Would not recommend Dr. Thanos to anyone looking for an OB. In my experience with him he was not friendly, and did not take his time with me. The only thing that kept me going back to his office was his nice office staff.

Great OB-Gyn show details Great OB-Gyn
by Julia K on Mar 30th, 2011

I saw Dr.Jerry after a bad experience with a large group OB practice. I was referred by St. Jude's nurses and had a wonderful experience with him. I'll definitely be going back to him.

Great OB show details Great OB
by Claire on Jan 21st, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Thanos by my infertility doctor. She told me that he would take care of me and my baby but I didn't know how true that would be. He saw me through a very difficult pregnancy and gave me a healthy baby. I had 2 other OBs before him who didn't take the time with me that he did. I wouldn't go to any other doctor but him.

if you want a rude dr pick him. show details if you want a rude dr pick him.
Oct 13th, 2010

Dr. Jerald Thanos is one of the worst obstetricians . He is completely disrepectful and rude.I would not recommend him to my wost enemy. He doesnt have a personality and will make you wait over an hour and will see you for a whole 60 seconds and will ask if you have any questions as we walks out the door leaving you taking to your self!!!!

Not the Doctor for me! show details Not the Doctor for me!
Aug 31st, 2010

I had two appointments with Dr. Thanos. This is my third pregnancy so I had been through it before and didnt really need much hand holding. Both visits the FIRST thing out of his mouth was, "ANY QUESTIONS?" not, "How are you, feeling okay, Hello" I could not even focus on the appointment after his incredibly RUDE bedside manner.

DO NOT USE DR. JERRY show details DO NOT USE DR. JERRY
Aug 12th, 2010

I warn all women DO NOT use this doctor. He is very lax, unfriendly, and treats patients like their a number. If you're pregnant, PLEASE find another doctor. His laziness almost cost me and my twins our lives. The man is miserable and shouldn't be practicing medicine. I had to learn the hard way. I hope to spread the word to women out there to go elsewhere for your care.

If you were not recomended by friends have a second thought before you see the doctor show details If you were not recomended by friends have a second thought before you see the doctor
Jul 24th, 2010

No scientific explanation on the answer and very moody.Staff is very helpful if you do not need anything from them

Best gynecologist show details Best gynecologist
by Marcie M on Mar 1st, 2010

I went to Dr. Thanos after listening to him give a lecture on hormones. He gave straightforward facts and didn't dogde controversial questions. More important he gave me hope. After a few months he got my hormones balanced and my family and especially my husband are glad to have the old me back.

Compassionate male gynecologist show details Compassionate male gynecologist
by Sheryl on Jan 7th, 2010

After years of seeing docotrs and being treated like a number I was pleased to find one that took the time to listen to me. Dr. Thanos sat down with me and addressed all of my issues and explained a treatment plan that has made a world of difference to me. I have been sending all of my friends to him.

so disappointed show details so disappointed
Nov 25th, 2009

I have left appointments just balling me eyes out from frustration with the lack of information and bedside manner that i reserved from Dr Thanos. Not only did he not listen to my concerns, but getting a hold of him was impossible both times i was admitted into the hospital for premature labor...The best thing I can say about him is...his nurses are very nice...

DR. THANOS show details DR. THANOS
by LISA M. on Mar 26th, 2009

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Excellent Endometriosis doctor show details Excellent Endometriosis doctor
by Irene C on Apr 24th, 2008

T was reffered to Dr. Thanos. By the Endometriosis Assoc. He was listed as one of their experts in pain and endometriosis. I researched treatment before going and Dr. Thanos gave me even more information and options. I am feeling better for the first time in years. I highly reccommend him.