Family Practitioner, General Practitioner

Mercy Health Physicians-Forest Hills
8094 Beechmont Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45255
(513) 232-7100
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Horrible bed side manner  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2014

This physician has a horrible bed side manner and has a God compex. The way I was treated and spoke to has never happened to me before. I would not recommend my worst enemy to see this physician.

|  Dr. Quack  |  show details
by Paul Thompson on Mar 25th, 2014

I have seen this "Doctor," unfortunately, for about a year now. I am 61 years old. Never in my entire life have I met a "physician," so nasty. He has absolutely NO bedside manner. He is extremely rude. I saw him today and my visit was SO BAD, that I had to call the office manager and complain. He is only 34 years old and believe me, his inexperience shows. I would not take my dog to see this man and I don't even have a dog. He is horrible. PLEASE, PLEASE, do not see this man for any of your ailments. The worst physician I have ever had in my life, going back to when I saw Pediatricians as a little boy. He should be working at McDonalds.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Deb on Jan 4th, 2014

I think Dr. Johnston is a great doctor! He spend the needed time with me or family every visit. I do not mind to wait because I know he is taking care of other patients. Not only does Dr. Johnston really care but his nurse is so sweet. She does whatever she can to help you. There is a email system called MyChart. She is so quick to respond. Normally a good doctor doesn't have a good staff or nurse, but he does! I will always stay with Dr. Johnston thank you for all you have done and will do for me!

|  Geat Doc  |  show details
by Eric S on Oct 9th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Steffan whom i liked very much, however i am very happy with Doctor Johnston. He is very helpful and a very knowledgeable doctor. My 4 month old has been going to him as well and I have had no problems. It gives me peace of mind to know that my son has a good, smart doctor like Dr. Johnston to go to when he inevitably gets sick, hurt, etc.

|  not happy  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2013

Please bring back Dr. Steffan

|  Dr. Ego  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2013

He likes to speak mostly about himself and his time in med school and residency. I actually had to interrupt him several times so that I could tell him what was bothering me. I spent 1 hour waiting and then 1 hour with him talking... and talking... and... talking.

|  Awesome doctor  |  show details
by KJ on Jul 4th, 2013

I had to wait about 20 minutes. Doctor Johnston apologized for this. I had seen Dr Steffen in the past. He had left the practice and I felt abandoned. Dr Johnston is awesome. He went through my whole medical history with me. He made me feel comfortable that he knew my issues. I was upset with Dr Steffen for leaving and he allowed me to discuss this without interrupting. I feel like Dr Johnston truly is looking out for my health! Although it was not my choice to switch doctors, I am very happy with the change!

|  Bad experiences  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2013

I had two unpleasant experiences with my sons and Dr. Johnston. We had previously been patients of Dr. Tim Steffen and had wonderful care from him; after he left, we were referred to Dr. Johnston. My 12-year-old's teachers had concerns with his ADHD medication, so I talked to Dr. Johnston about changing his meds. Dr. Johnston was unwilling to treat my son, saying he thought he had behavioral/mental issues and sent us to Child Focus. Three months later I am still waiting for an appointment and help for my son. I also took my older son in to see Dr. Johnston to potentially prescribe some ADD medication. Dr. Johnston was very accusatory of my son and said that he thought he had defiant issues--after just meeting him. My son, who was never had any issues in school related to defiance, was not receptive to Dr. Johnston. After leaving the office, my son was very upset and said he would never go back to that doctor again. So we were not able to begin any type of treatment for his potential ADD. Very upsetting that this doctor was so antagonizing toward a 14-year-old of whome he had no knowledge. We are now looking for a new doctor.

|  Dr. moved to another location  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

Hello, I am a patient of Dr. Johnston, I am aware that he has moved to another Practice..can anyone please send me the address of the office he is now affiliated with... caroleanniec@yahoo.com thank you.

|  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

Great physician, really knows his business. Is interested in you as a patient and gets to the heart of what is troubling you with very appropriate, timely and excellent care

|  IW  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

Dr Johnston is a wonderful doctor. He spends time to explain things well

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by cb on Mar 22nd, 2011

He is extremely smart and a good doctor. I recommend him to anyone.