Family Practitioner, General Practitioner

Mercy Health Physicians-Forest Hills
8094 Beechmont Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45255
(513) 232-7100
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
 |  Customer Service  |  show details
by Tom on Jul 2nd, 2014

I have worked in the medical field since 1994. I have never encountered nor seen one of the physicians I have worked fro treat a patient as poorly as this physician treated me. His bedside manner is horrible and it started from the moment he walked into the exam room. He needs to realize I an equal to him and I am the customer. I will reach out to my family and friends to inform about this physician. He needs to realize his actions have consequences and bad day or not act like a professional.

by Evan on Jul 1st, 2014

Great appointment today. Thank you Dr for all you have done for me. Will see you again in a few months.

by WB on May 30th, 2014

staff is great. Dr Johnston uis the best

by Gerald on May 30th, 2014

Awesome doctor.

|  Fraud Claim Filed  |  show details
May 29th, 2014

He charged me for a 99213 and only spent 1-2 minutes with. This is fraud and please pay attention to what he is making off you and your insurance carrier. The documentation for a 99213 requires TWO out of THREE of the following : 1) Expanded Problem Focused History 2) Expanded Problem Focused Exam 3) Low Complexity Medical Decision-Making Or 15 minutes spent face-to-face with the patient if coding based on time. The appropriate documentation must be included. He started my visit off by stating well I only have a few minutes. Shocked by this we proceeded and I informed how the medication made me feel from the prior visit. He stated I did not have to give him attitude. Shocked again I explained I was simply informing on how it made me feel, He then acted like a 2 year having a temper tantrum by getting up and stating maybe you just need to find a new PCP. Upset from his actions I spoke to the manager. Inconvienced from his actions I had to go back to the office the next day for needed orders for my care because he did not provide them to at my visit. He is young and needs to learn from these encounters, so his practice and name does not get ruined.

|  Filing complaint with AMA  |  show details
May 27th, 2014

I am very disappointed with Dr. Johnston. My husband went to see this physician suffering acute panic attacks. Dr. Johnston elected to keep him on ineffective medication and refused appropriate care. This approach is completely neglegent, careless and shows abandonment of his patient. It is my full intention to file a complaint against this physican for his unethical conduct and request a review of his practices.

by Joe on May 22nd, 2014

I don't know what is wrong with you all. I see lots of complaints with no specifics. Dr johnston has taken care of me for some time. He does talk a lot, but it has always been informative. He has always explained everything well. He is Very cordial. I have always gotten along with him. These reviews are all black and white. The only trend that I see on the bad side here is that he "has a god complex", ect. I totally disagree. I will say that sometimes he gets sidetracked talking with me, but my care has been excellent. He is very thorough.

by Mr. Personality on Apr 28th, 2014

Never had a visit like this before with any physician I have seen. Bad day or not nobody should be treated this poorly by someone who chose to be a so called professional. Please choose wisely before seeing this physician.

|  Horrible Bedside Manner  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

I think many of the below statements are spot on with their opinions by giving a bad review. I was not a former patient of Dr. Steffen, so missing him and getting adjusted is not the case for me. This physician's inexperience showed and should work in a Morgue!!!!

|  Best Doctor Award!!!  |  show details
by Stephanie on Apr 22nd, 2014

I never had a bad experience with him. I think he is GREAT and listens to everything I say, then again....I am nice in return so this could make a big difference. I read the below comments, I know that it was hard adjusting to a new doctor after Dr. Steffen but I am pleased with him. I think the people below could of just been upset about having to change to a new doctor after Dr. Steffen left without much notice. I am pleased that I stayed with this office and recommend Dr. Johnston to anybody! 5 stars! :)

|  Horrible bed side manner  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2014

This physician has a horrible bed side manner and has a God compex. The way I was treated and spoke to has never happened to me before. I would not recommend my worst enemy to see this physician.

|  Dr. Quack  |  show details
by Paul Thompson on Mar 25th, 2014

I have seen this "Doctor," unfortunately, for about a year now. I am 61 years old. Never in my entire life have I met a "physician," so nasty. He has absolutely NO bedside manner. He is extremely rude. I saw him today and my visit was SO BAD, that I had to call the office manager and complain. He is only 34 years old and believe me, his inexperience shows. I would not take my dog to see this man and I don't even have a dog. He is horrible. PLEASE, PLEASE, do not see this man for any of your ailments. The worst physician I have ever had in my life, going back to when I saw Pediatricians as a little boy. He should be working at McDonalds.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Deb on Jan 4th, 2014

I think Dr. Johnston is a great doctor! He spend the needed time with me or family every visit. I do not mind to wait because I know he is taking care of other patients. Not only does Dr. Johnston really care but his nurse is so sweet. She does whatever she can to help you. There is a email system called MyChart. She is so quick to respond. Normally a good doctor doesn't have a good staff or nurse, but he does! I will always stay with Dr. Johnston thank you for all you have done and will do for me!

|  Geat Doc  |  show details
by Eric S on Oct 9th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Steffan whom i liked very much, however i am very happy with Doctor Johnston. He is very helpful and a very knowledgeable doctor. My 4 month old has been going to him as well and I have had no problems. It gives me peace of mind to know that my son has a good, smart doctor like Dr. Johnston to go to when he inevitably gets sick, hurt, etc.

|  not happy  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2013

Please bring back Dr. Steffan

|  Dr. Ego  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2013

He likes to speak mostly about himself and his time in med school and residency. I actually had to interrupt him several times so that I could tell him what was bothering me. I spent 1 hour waiting and then 1 hour with him talking... and talking... and... talking.

|  Awesome doctor  |  show details
by KJ on Jul 4th, 2013

I had to wait about 20 minutes. Doctor Johnston apologized for this. I had seen Dr Steffen in the past. He had left the practice and I felt abandoned. Dr Johnston is awesome. He went through my whole medical history with me. He made me feel comfortable that he knew my issues. I was upset with Dr Steffen for leaving and he allowed me to discuss this without interrupting. I feel like Dr Johnston truly is looking out for my health! Although it was not my choice to switch doctors, I am very happy with the change!

|  Bad experiences  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2013

I had two unpleasant experiences with my sons and Dr. Johnston. We had previously been patients of Dr. Tim Steffen and had wonderful care from him; after he left, we were referred to Dr. Johnston. My 12-year-old's teachers had concerns with his ADHD medication, so I talked to Dr. Johnston about changing his meds. Dr. Johnston was unwilling to treat my son, saying he thought he had behavioral/mental issues and sent us to Child Focus. Three months later I am still waiting for an appointment and help for my son. I also took my older son in to see Dr. Johnston to potentially prescribe some ADD medication. Dr. Johnston was very accusatory of my son and said that he thought he had defiant issues--after just meeting him. My son, who was never had any issues in school related to defiance, was not receptive to Dr. Johnston. After leaving the office, my son was very upset and said he would never go back to that doctor again. So we were not able to begin any type of treatment for his potential ADD. Very upsetting that this doctor was so antagonizing toward a 14-year-old of whome he had no knowledge. We are now looking for a new doctor.

|  Dr. moved to another location  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

Hello, I am a patient of Dr. Johnston, I am aware that he has moved to another Practice..can anyone please send me the address of the office he is now affiliated with... caroleanniec@yahoo.com thank you.

Jul 26th, 2012

Great physician, really knows his business. Is interested in you as a patient and gets to the heart of what is troubling you with very appropriate, timely and excellent care

|  IW  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

Dr Johnston is a wonderful doctor. He spends time to explain things well

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by cb on Mar 22nd, 2011

He is extremely smart and a good doctor. I recommend him to anyone.