Dr. Jeremy Mirabile MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

March 3rd, 2016
I had a similarly bad experience to the one posted here, also for a professional evaluation. I felt like my own words were twisted and used against me, to create the most negative possible impression. You can expect this guy to portray you in the worst possible way, and make the most punitive and costly recommendations. He will NOT respond to any questions or concerns after your fee is paid and the eval is over... this was verified by his office staff. If I had any idea of how biased this doctor is and how badly he would misrepresent my history, I would have taken my chances with the board.

January 11th, 2016
Healthcare Providers
I visited this physician's office based on the glowing reviews here. I did not share the same positive experience, and I failed to account for the fact that with the exception of one, all the preceding reviews were at least 6 years old. Here's the rub: I left a less than favorable review after my visit, which subsequently disappeared. I now wonder how many other reviews "disappeared" for fault found in their point of view. So, in the interest of fairness, I feel that anyone going for an IPN or PRN eval should have the benefit of some idea of potential outcomes. For example, I was stunned to find myself with a diagnosis of 'sedative dependence', apparently because I endorsed taking half a Unisom nightly. In my opinion, this finding was an incredibly overblown judgement, and a seriously incriminating indictment for someone in my position. My professional reputation depended on this eval, and I was devastated to see the use of 12.5 mg of an over-the-counter antihistamine portrayed as "sedative dependence". I find this to be an incredibly biased misrepresentation. In addition, I was never asked if I could sleep without it (I can), if I have stopped using it for periods of time (I have), or if I had developed a tolerance (I haven't), or anything about my sleep patterns/habits, standard questions which would determine the presence of actual dependence, inasmuch as an antihistamine "dependence" is possible. One of the other very troubling findings was a conclusion of "narcissistic traits," a psychiatric diagnosis based on nothing more than this practitioner's speculation, after one fairly superficial conversation with me. There was NO psychological testing, as (once again, one would hope) would be standard of care in determining the validity of such a diagnosis. In my (possibly narcissistic) estimation, this is a really, significantly negative term to classify and pathologize an individual with, especially unsubstantiated in the absence of testing. Labeling someone with characteristics of a personality disorder should have some demonstrable validity, based on testing, pervasive patterns, and matching criteria, not "perception". Legitimizing one's personal perception of a moral failure or lapse in judgement with a slapdash label of an actual clinical disorder is unfair, irresponsible, and damaging. To do so using the guise of professional opinion is unacceptable, and a breach of patient trust. In my humble opinion, that is. But opinions are subjective, so your experience may be entirely different. I hope it will be.

June 12th, 2013
Excellent Physician and Team
Dr. Mirabile, thank you for helping me treat my addiction and get into recovery. Your team is professional and was very skilled at helping me see the disease for what it is. I know you don't hear it enough, as it can be more than challenging to treat this condition, but Thank You! I will take it "One Day at a Time"

August 27th, 2009
Dr. Mirabile is a very considerate intelligent Dr. with a compassionate and caring manor. I feel his talents are wasted in the clinic he works for. I am so glad he is finally moving on and deserves his own practice.

August 24th, 2009
When I first met him I was concerned that he seemed so young. However, any worries I had were soon allayed because he is an excellent doctor. He jump started me into exercising and dieting for my better health. He also took the time to explain things to me. I wish him well, but I lost the best doctor I ever had. He will be missed, I hope he comes back.