Dr. Jeremy Tonkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 1st, 2016
Sarcastic but a good doctor
You have to get used to his sense of humor. He is smart, spends a lot of time talking with the patient, and offers lots of options and information. Downside is often when you ask questions he replies sarcastically. We think he is funny but as a doctor seeing every type of personality under the sun he should consider his audience. Overall, though, we like seeing him and life has improved. Use the online check-in option and you will only wait 5-10 minutes.

October 12th, 2016
Not the best but still a very good Dr.
I would agree that the first visit felt a bit rushed and was not the best bedside manner however he did deliver results on an otherwise bleak situation. Although he comes off as a bit standoffish he is still a very knowledgeable doctor with a kind of timid sense of humour that eventually put me at ease. I wouldnt mind having him as my all the time general care doctor though the problem is now resolved thanks to him. 😉 grateful.

August 26th, 2016
Dr. Tonkin has been my urologist for about 3 years. He just doesn't have a caring attitude and at times he seems to feel inconvenienced about interacting with his patients. I had an elevated PSA result and so we waited several weeks and I took another PSA exam. This one is higher than the first one. I got the result on Thursday morning from his nurse. She sent him a message apparently he read it but as of Friday 10:00 am I haven't gotten no word on what will be next. I called the nurse again Friday about 8:40 am and she stated she thought he had already contacted me. Needless to say I am worrying about whether or not I have Cancer. FOLKS you do not need this. You deserve better,don't find yourself in my position. I will be selecting another doctor.

July 4th, 2016
Had an unusual reaction to a prescribed antibiotic after stepping on an old nail and he was spot-on with his diagnosis and treatment.

May 23rd, 2016
Dr. Tonkin
I really appreciate Dr. Tonkin's directness. He is very knowledgeable and I feel he keeps up with the latest trends in his field. I have been very happy having him as my urologist.

February 5th, 2016
I don't understand the negativity, esp. towards his bedside manner. I am not sure if it is a generational thing, but I think his "rudeness" is just a dark, sarcastic, witty humor. He operated on a family member today and he was funny, yet professional and answered any questions or concerns we had. People perceive things differently and if you understand his sense of humor may be different than yours, you will understand he isn't being rude at all.

September 18th, 2015
Stay away from this Dr.
He is rude and makes you feel inferior when you ask a question. He acts as though treating you was an inconvenience to him. His bedside manner has much to be desired. I'm sure he must be a nice man but he is definitely lacking as a doctor. We won't be going back.

July 19th, 2015
Not my regular doctor, he was on vacation. This doctor stayed late to see me and solve my issues. I'm not sure about the other reviews as I had a great experience.

July 1st, 2015
Rude doctor
This is the most disrespectful dr I have ever seen.. My granddaughter ended up in er 3 times the week after seeing him.. He is a RUDE RUDE person and doesn't care about his patients as well as their families!!

April 23rd, 2015
quack
Took my husband who has a brain injury and is incontinent to this doctor. According to Tonkin my husband has two choices stay wet or self cath. He is the most uncaring doctor we have had the unfortunate experience to encounter. So asking a lot of questions with no help we were told go home and think about it. I would not take a dog back to this jerk.

February 23rd, 2015
Ask for someone else
1st - the other staff at Urology of VA was fabulous! Now for Dr. Tonkin - I must agree with the other reviews that I read now after my apt with him. He is a rude, inconsiderate, preconceiving man that came across like I was wasting his time and he was just absolutely tired of his job! Since the invention of the internet I have never posted a review about anything but my appointment with him was so atrocious that here I am. I wish I had the time to stand outside and picket the office in hopes that people would see someone/anyone else in that practice. Don't waste your insurance co-pay on Dr. Tonkin.

April 27th, 2014
Entitled Snob
This doctor approached me like I was something out of the dark ages. He barely mentioned any alternatives to my situation. When I came back for a follow up visit, I was prepared to ask about surgery and he brushed me off like I was wasting his time. I would not recommend this doctor, I wouldn't trust what he has to say, nor would I want to be disrespected again. I had a family member with me who said this doctor will never touch you!