Dr. Jerett Zipin DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 22nd, 2017
Scam
Went to see Dr. Zipin for my shoulder. Instead of referring me for an MRI he told I didnt need one and did an ultrasound instead. He told me I have bursitis and then wanted me to come to his "Physical Therpist" who I found out is only a Certified Personal Trainer. I have a PPO insurance plan and decided to seek a 2nd opinion. My new doctor referred me for the MRI and found out that I indeed had a rotator cuff tear! The way I see it, Zipin wants to make money on his PPO patients. He also comes across very high & mighty and if you ask questions, he makes you feel like you have no clue. Would NEVER recommend him to anyone. Save you time and go to a real D.O.!

September 1st, 2015
Dr. Zipin will tell you what's wrong with you, but you have to ask for the details, including the physical therapy and special treatments. Always be pushy when it comes to doctors. After all, you're paying THEM.

March 29th, 2014
fantastic doctor
Dr Zipin took the time to listen and he was very thorough and provided all the time needed to answer my questions. The office was busy but he made me feel like my questions were answered and he was willing to address a last minute injury too. Highly recommend him as a sports doctor

September 27th, 2012
Excellent!
Dr. Zipin is a wonderful doctor. He's patient, thorough and confident. See him if you need a good, trustworthy doctor.

August 22nd, 2012
I walked in the door and they called my name. The Dr. Seems to know what he's doing. His tests we accurate and he asked the right questions.I need CT scans and other tests to finished the diagnosis. We will see.

September 16th, 2011
Top Notch in Every Way
Dr. Zipin is one of the most thorough doctors I have ever been too. He spent an extended amount of time listening to me share about my problem, testing, and explaning what was wrong and how it should be treated. Dr. Zipin went above and beyond in his care for me. He obviously has a passion for his chosen field and strives to help his patients back to 100%. There were no short cuts with this doctor. He also has a very pleasant demeanor and is personalable. I highly recommend him!

May 19th, 2011
Outstanding
I had to visit Dr Zipin in May 2011 for a back problem. The waiting time to see him was almost zero. He took time to listen to the problem and explained what he was going to do and then quickly sorted out my problem. He must be one of the best doctors I have visited! Outstanding!

March 31st, 2011
My Back feels GREAT!
Dr Zipin was Amazing! My doctor could not help me so he referred me to Dr Zipin. He was empathetic, I felt well cared for, attended to and he explained all the details about my back injury. He refered me to his personal physical therapist (also great) located across the hall. It was easy and much appreciated as I was in severe pain and driving was impossible. He always was available when I had questions even if he had to call back on his lunch break or after hours. I have referred others to him and we all think he is FANTASTIC!

March 7th, 2011
Never Going Back to This Place or Doctor!
Dr. Zipin wks in a facility that is virtually empty, yet he acted like he was in an overcrowded location. He was very rude, arrogant, and appeared overwhelmed. He was rushed and impatient. I made my appointment for both hands and for my feet to be checked. He claimed he had no time and snapped at me, "What is it going to be? Do you me to check your feet or hands? Feet or hands?" Never again...the facility is worthless anyhow because just about 5 minutes down the street in Arcadia, there is another Healthcare Partner facility that has much more to offer in the primary and specialty areas. Does not make sense to have that empty place in Monrovia.

January 21st, 2011
Torn Rotator, Elbow and Thumb - auto accident, ACL - exercise injury
I have been in the healthcare field over 25 years. I have observed doctors professionally and personally for all that time. I am new to being a patient. Dr. Zipin is "Top Notch." He is caring, conservative, thorough, engaged, communicative and accurate. While evaluating surgical options, the injections into my shoulder, elbow and thumb have been very carefully and well done and have effectively reduced pain and improved mobility. I cannot think of any reason I would not grade him as such. I have been seeing him for about a three months.

January 18th, 2011
Great Sports Medicine DR
He is a sports medicine specialist, not a surgeon. He treated me for a popping elbow, snapping triceps tendon, referred me to orthocenter for surgery. Orthocenter wanted to do a full ulnar nerve transposition which I thought was not the issue based on what Dr Zipin said, so I went back to Dr Zipin and he used a state of the art Ultra-sound machine to take pictures of the elbow to show the surgeon at orthocenter what the problem really was and that was a bone spur that was causing a tricep tendon to snap on extension and flexion of the elbow creating inflamation and discomfort. He sent me back to orthocenter with the ultrasound pictures to convince the surgeon what the problem was and the surgeon agrees now with DR Zipin. If I would of had the ulnar nerve transposition surgery, it would of made the snapping triceps tendon worse and I would of been a mess. Thanks to Dr Zipin a simple bone spur removal and I would be back throwing a bowling ball in 3 weeks verses 6 months...

January 7th, 2011
finally
Had seen several doctors before a close friend recommended Dr Z. He was able to diagnose my back pain on the same visit and provided advice that has helped me since. I also brought in my husband recently for a shoulder injury. He was able to find a rotator cuff tear using his ultrasound machine. He comfirmed it with an MRI and recommended another competent doctor for the surgery.