Family Physicians

Southeast Valley Medical Group
1950 S Country Club Dr
Mesa, AZ 85210
480-969-1446
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Best Primary Care Physician Ever!  |  show details
by Barbara A. Daniels on Feb 5th, 2014

Dr. Mangas is one of the most thorough and knowledgeable doctors I've ever met. He is professional and caring. He will discuss your history, diagnosis, options and any questions you have. He also walks in with copies of any tests you've recently had done, which he hands to you before you leave without you even having to ask him. He looks things up on his iPhone during discussions so he can explain things or show you relevant information. We even compare iPhone apps at times. If you're looking for a doctor that really knows what's going on, he's your guy! My husband and I think he's awesome and wouldn't think of going to anyone else for our healthcare. Office staff is great too! Highly recommend!

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
by Marc L. on Jan 31st, 2014

This doctor is awesome; one of the best that I have seen in a long time. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  The best GP ever  |  show details
by Robert Beatty on Jan 1st, 2014

I have had stage 4 esophageal cancer, a diaphragmatic hernia, currently have liver cancer. Dr. Mangas has done a great job in coordinating all the specialists and explaining the test results. He really cares, and it shows. I had to get new insurance, because of Obamacare, which Dr. Mangas's group does not accept. But I like him so much that I will continue to go there and just pay cash.

|  Good doctor  |  show details
by Ed Nieves on Aug 6th, 2013

Seen him twice in last couple of months, in the process finding a new PCP. My medical case is difficult, current PCP Dr. C and his PA, have more history with me. Really like Dr. Mangas, he really spent time with me going over my medical problems and medications. Wait time in the room is a bit long for me though. Great bedside manner which is huge plus with me. Because of my difficult case, stayed with my current PCP's PA. Did not choose Southeast Vally medical as PCP.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by Kristina Case on Aug 2nd, 2013

Dr. Mangas is the best doctor I have ever seen. He listens to your concerns he takes the time to learn about each patient. He discusses options with you to help you feel comfortable with the treatment plan or the cause of your concern.

|  great doc  |  show details
by R Lamb on Aug 1st, 2013

He is great just listen do what he says and do it. You'll be better in no time. He is wonderful as a doctor and a person. I tell all my people to go see him.

|  Been his patient since he graduated med school  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2013

I've been a patient of doctor Mangas since he was fresh out of med school. Dr. Managas is extremely thorough and that is exactly what I want in a physician. Some may not agree with it due to potential costs, but you can always decline a recommendation for further treatment or diagnostics. In other words, take control and manage your own care! It is far better than having a physician take a quick glance at you and say, "Uh, it's probably nothing. You'll be fine.", and that's the extent of their services. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better doctor.

|  caring doc  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

He's been our doc for 30 years and we stay with him for a reason....he is wonderful. My husband would have died if not for him digging for a reasons for my husbands' health problems. I don't know what we will do when he retires.

|  Incompetence  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2012

So upon my first visit the office staff entered almost all of my information incorrectly. Which made matching up prescription information a little later a huge pain. I waited 2 and a half hours past my appointment time before I was seen, only to have Dr Mangas stare at his computer 95% of the time I was speaking to him. He ignored most of what I said, spoke over me while trying to explain my problems.Next up getting blood work done, I forgot to bring my paperwork to the place drawing my blood, so they offered to call the doctors office & have them fax it over. This was great accept they only faxed one of the "revisions" my doctor made (as I later found out he changed his mind several times on what tests to run) resulting in my fasting being pointless & now having to do it all over again. Had x rays done, which I've never seen or had the doctor review with me. Only told I have arthritis which I knew before consulting him, and doesn't explain the sharp pinched nerve pain I had tried to explain to him.Having having problems with the prescriptions he put me on hurting my stomach, I requested a non NSAID on a voicemail (as contacting a person by phone is impossible without having to get a call back) I received a call from his assistant who told me he called a new prescription into my pharmacy and to take an offer the counter heartburn medicine. I'm assuming that's saying here's another NSAID and take this other drug to deal with its side effects.The final blow to my faith in this organization was today when I attempted to pick up the unnamed prescription, my pharmacy had no record of them calling anything in, nor any other of their stores... Really, I would have thought after giving them my pharmacy info twice they might have gotten it right, but no.I'm finished dealing with this lot of incompetent, unprofessional people. Dr Mangas might not be to blame for a lot of these unfortunate happenings, but a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.I'll be searching for a new doctor.

|  #1 PCP in MESA  |  show details
by Devoted patient on Jun 30th, 2010

I wish he still had his Dobson location open! Dr Mangas is a great physician. Very thorough with health care. He ask so many questions to find out what are the symptoms. Pin points a problem, runs test and when Results are in ACCURATE exactly what he believed it may be. His patients are so grateful to have such a wonderful physician who diagnosed what other physicians had trouble finding.

|  Great family doctor  |  show details
by lhfranklin on Jul 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Great doctor, but because of a private practice, he has a high patient load. It's difficult to get an appointment.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com