3.4

July 20th, 2016
Run the other way!
I took my 16-year-old daughter to see Dr. Budz a number of years ago. She was plagued with intensely itchy legs that she would scratch raw. He immediately diagnosed her with folliculitis and sent her home with a prescription (which made her break out) and some kind of ointment. Neither of these remedies worked. She suffered another 6 years, and because he was the only dermatologist in town, went back to him at age 22. He would not listen to anything she said, looked at her chart, and again diagnosed folliculitis. She was beside herself. Her legs were a bloody mess with scars from her continual scratching, even during the night. She took to wearing socks on her hands when she went to bed in an attempt to prevent herself from scratching, but she would remove them when she was asleep and start digging in again. When he delivered the same diagnosis she became very upset. It was pretty bad, and the nurse called me to report her bad behavior. Shortly afterward another dermatologist (who is now tragically deceased) started at the DeKalb Clinic, and with great trepidation, we went to see him. He sat down, actually LISTENED to her, handed her a brochure, and told her she had eczema. We burst into tears because he was so kind and compassionate. My mother and grandmother both had suffered from bouts of eczema, but we had never equated it with what my daughter was going through. He gave her prescriptions for an oral medication as well as a cream. After 6 years of unending agony, she had relief that same evening. I've always regretted not calling that nurse back to tell her what had happened, so I'm very happy to have this platform to tell my daughter's story. Arrogance is not a good quality for a doctor to have, but Dr. Budz has it in spades. People go to see doctors for help, and it makes no sense when they dismiss your symptoms and refuse to even listen to your complaints. A friend of mine also consulted Dr. Budz with pretty much the same results, so I know our experience was not an isolated incident. I'm just very grateful that we were able to find another doctor who took the Hippocratic oath to heart.

March 22nd, 2015
waste of time
I was not impressed with the Dr. I have never seen a dermatologist before and stated that at my visit. I went in for a skin rash that I had and a general check of my skin. The Dr. Seemed to want to rush the appointment and not want to examine my skin. I had to practically beg for him to do so. I have a family history of skin cancer and other skin problems. Of which the Doctor wouldn't know because he didn't ask for any medical information/background! He looked at my skin very quickly from a far which was strange. He gave me a sample of some ointment for my rash which was expired. Plus it didn't work. I left the appointment still with questions and concerns regarding the health of my skin. I completely wasted my time and money and would never recommend Dr. Budz to anyone. He took my money and left me at square one.

November 10th, 2013
Very professional and does the job
Very good dermatoligist. he fixes what is wrong and is a little quiet but I think that is due to his being introspective. he listens to your complaints and does not interrupt.