Dr. Jerome Chao MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Saratoga Springs, NY

November 10th, 2016
Out of the ordinary patient
I was referred to Dr. Chao after 7 years of suffering with lymphedema in my lower right extremity. I thought I would have to live with this huge leg the rest of my live. I went for a consultation at Dr. Chao's office and he and his assistants stated to me what they would "try" with my leg. I had Dr. Chao and his assistance go ahead with the procedure they suggested and 7 years later I have am able to walk with MY leg and 40 pounds less. I still see Dr. Chao and his assistances for follow up appointments and have a had a few other "minor" procedures done by them. Dr. Chao and his staff have been life savers for me!!! They have a wonderful, fun, loving bedside manner. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Chao and his assistants to anyone! They are the best in the area!!!

October 20th, 2016
Excellent people skills. Very happy with his office and his products.

September 7th, 2016
Find Another Plastic Surgery Group
STAY AWAY! I thought I had found the best plastic surgeon...I was wrong. I went in wanting an under and over eye lift. They convinced me to have the upper lids and laser my face. Stating that the laser would take care of under the eyes. To make a long story short. Dr. Chao DID NOT do the laser, nor was I told he would not be doing it. (I thought I hired Dr. Chao) On the day of the procedure of Upper lids and laser, I spoke with him about the bags under my eyes not being tightened by the laser procedure and he offered to do the upper and lowers 5 days after the laser. This is all while I'm on the drugs getting ready for the laser. I signed for the procedure and even paid for it. The next day I had no recollection of doing that but I found the receipt and said..."WHAT"? The pre-op care sheet (what to do the week before surgery) was given to me just prior to the laser procedure. NO phone call before the surgery, NO phone call after to see how I was doing. I learned everything about taking care of my lasered face from the internet..NOT from them. They actually sent me home with nothing to put on my face. I thank my lucky stars that I researched how to take care of my face on the internet. All the healing was thanks to information I found on the internet NOT CHAO. By day 4 I realized that there was no way he was touching my raw swollen face ...and I no longer trusted him, so I cancelled. The under eye bags are back. I went in and sat down with Dr. Chao and his "assistant" to talk about what had happened...Dr Chao had his head buried in the computer as if he didn't care. They apologized for all their errors stating it was his assistant's fault. She was on vacation and I shouldn't have been scheduled. REALLY!? The laser certainly removed all my age spots, however there are many plastic surgeons that could do it, with probably a whole lot less pain (the procedure itself, based on what I read was more painful than necessary.) HOWEVER, I went to see him wanting to have my eyes done, over and under. My face fell the week after my husband died. I have waited 21 years to have my eyes fixed. I gift to myself for my 60th. I saved, I worked my schedule to take enough time off..(self employed) and came out with my dream not even remotely met. THEY DON'T HEAR YOU! Find another plastic surgeon if I were you.

May 24th, 2016
Amazing
I am a female who had a hair transplant. Dr Chao is meticulous, talented, and extremely caring. He and his staff stayed in the office until 7:30 in the evening after working on me for almost 12 hours just to make sure that everything came out just right. He is down to earth, very easy to talk with and very accomplished. His nurse Marian is probably the most nurturing and caring nurse I have ever met. And his PA Carly Matthews deftly -and also gently - injected some botox and fillers so that all my beauty needs could be met the same day.

April 15th, 2016
Lipo-Tummy tuck
I was having a proceedure done from another Dr. So I choose to have a little lip done left over from a C-Section. I was told the lipo couldn't be done due to, too much blood on the table (little did they know a family friend was in the O.R.) LIES...... SO I was told to come back for the lipo 4-6 weeks and Dr. Chao would do the proceedure. I did, as I was being prepped for surgery Dr. said "you have lost a lot of weight you would be a great candidate for abdominoplasty" I asked what that would entail.He said I would be out of work for 6 weeks and it wouldn't cost me any more and that I was getting a $10,000 proceedure for the price of lipo. I didn't know he was at the end of his term with AMC. I was prob his last patient. That must be why they didn't push the issue with NOT knowing I was an in patient. I went with it was excited. Until a bill that was dismissed, and I look chopped up. I am afraid to get it fixed. Although I'm going for a consult with my 2nd opinion Dr. After 8 years since the bad infection left by Chao. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

September 4th, 2014
Best of the best
I can not express how phenomenal Dr. Chao and his team Becky and Maryann are, I will forever be grateful for all the time and dedication of their work. They truly cared and did everything possible for me . I would recommend them for ALL of my family and friends . He is a stand up doctor and talented person. They genuinely care for the patients not just money. I really cannot express how much respect I have for the practice. Pros: Always got prompt return phone calls , in emergency situations they were always just a phone call away (even after hours!!!) . Outstanding bedside manner and informative on every procedure. Fast appointment booking and availability . All around great staff very kind and love what they do

October 16th, 2013
My family and I would like to extend our sincerest "thank you" to Dr. Jerome Chao and his staff for the wonderful care that I received during my medical trauma. I really appreciate his and their professionalism. His willingness to explain my case and the medical procedures to resolve the problem was outstanding. Never did I feel rushed or pressured. He was more than willing to take the time necessary to make me comfortable physically and mentally. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Chao and his office to anyone in need of his services.

March 3rd, 2013
Dissatisfied
He was leaving Albany Med to start his own practice. I was one of his last patients before he left. I had circumferential panniculectomy 7/9/10 at Albany Med. My post surgery follow up with different surgeon - was told my mis-shaped hip area swelling would balance out but it never did....I truly believe he botched my surgery...in a hurry to finish out the surgeries he HAD to do before he left......very disappointed.......

February 19th, 2013
Wonderful doctor and staff :)
Even though the event that brought me to Dr Chao was horrible, he has made this injury I received a more tolerable experience. He was wonderful in the hospital and with my follow-up visit to his office, he is as wonderful there too...and his staff. They all are friendly and welcoming, making you feel at ease. They all care for you as a person. You don't feel like a shuffled number. I wished all doctors and their staff were like this. In one word, excellent!

April 18th, 2012
Katie Mae - Skinny A$$ Redhead
My gastric bypass surgeon recommended Dr. Chao to me for removal of excess skin resulting from a 130 weight loss. I was enamored of this gentle man/surgeon from the moment I met him. Never once did I feel shortchanged of his time or energy in a pre-/post-op office visit. My first surgery was a breast reduction and from the marking in pre-op to recovery to hospital room visit I had complete and utter confidence in his abilities. I have since had (3) more surgeries with Dr Chao: lower tummy tuck, bilateral thigh lipectomy, bilateral brachioplast (arms) with upper abdominoplasty. I will shortly have my last surgery with this artist. I am a 60 year old who now has with Dr. Chao's expertise along with my exercise/diet regime the body of a 45 year old. I am delighted with the humananity of this man along with his expertise. This man is not on a pedestal....his patients are. Additionally, his staff are "the nobs" and a big part of his success. Kudos to Dr. Chao and his caring staff. They all take extraordinary care in caring. I walk in the office announcing "Skinny A$$ Redhead in the House". I do so with great enthusiasm and pride. I highly recommend, and have, Dr. Chao to anyone needing his services....reconstructive or cosmetic.

March 14th, 2012
professionalism
my overall feeling is that dr. chao & his staff have the highest professional standards that i have seen in a drs. office in quite a long time. i would go to him at any time & would recommend him to friends & family.

January 9th, 2012
He is an amazing doctor. After going to other doctors for several months, he came in and did a skin graft on my leg when no one else would touch it. I would recommend him highly. Great bedside manner, very down to earth. Great personality.