Internists, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)
Video profile
5900 College Rd
Key West, FL 33040
305-255-9577
Locations and availability (3)

|  This Doctor is AMAZING!  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2013

Dr. Covington is the BEST Doctor I have EVER had the opportunity to know. He is an incredible diagnostician (in fact, I think he is psychic!) He examines you every time you see him, he remembers who you are and treats you with kindness and professionalism! This Doctor can literally find medical problems that no other doctor has ever found! (Unfortunately, his front desk person leaves a lot to be desired...). It is sometimes difficult to get an appt. with him, because once you meet him you'll want only him. Sometimes your appt. time is a bit delayed because he actually spends time with you--but he is well worth the wait. I will follow him wherever he goes!

|  Best in Key West!  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

It can be difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Covington and sometimes there is a long wait, this is because he is so desired as well as he is a "hands on" Dr. He actually EXAMINES you. He "feels" glands and such, each and every visit, not just for annual physicals. I would have no one else.

|  Absolutely  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

I absolutely love him.From the second I met him I he made me feel comfortable ,Like he really cared ,He is a very empathetic and knowledgable man. THANK GOD I finally found a Dr, who is really trying to help me... I really can't express the beautiful energy and Karma Jerome has around hin...and his nurse is also a very caring and sweet lady...WHY could'nt I have seen him 15 years ago when i came here..I have fibromyalgia and he could have changed my life years ago...I am going to be able to start living again with his help...THANKYOU Dr. covington

|  A true professional who cares deeply about his patients  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

Dr. Covington is the best doctor i have ever known. He is committed to patients, and works harder than anyone else I know. He is a remarkable diagnostician and gives each patient as much time as they need. He always makes me feel that he is going to do whatever it takes to ensure that I get the medical care I need. He sacrifices for his patients, and is loved by his patients. I wish all doctors still practiced medicine the way Dr. Covington does. He is an expert in infectious diseases, and other doctors from all over the nation seek him out. We all know how lucky we are to have him as our doctor.

|  show details
Jan 8th, 2011

Dr. has too many patients to keep good track of individual patient needs. Dr. receives major gifting from drug reps and main focus is adherence to prescribed meds without proper monitoring of side effects. Dr. has no real training in specialty of infectious disease.

|  A GEM OF A DOC!  |  show details
by A NURSE, A FRIEND, A PATIENT! on Sep 14th, 2010

IS IN NEED OF A LITTLE WORKTHIS MAN IS A MEDICAL GENIOUS WITH A HEART OF GOLD. WHAT A GREAT DOCTOR, WHAT A GEM!

|  Based on ER visit that saved spouse's life, only doc to correctly dx  |  show details
by Anna Costello Wisniewski on Dec 8th, 2009

He's so good however, it's impossible to get an appointment with him.If I had three wishes, it would be to clone Jerome Covington three times.My spouse nearly died, being treated for asthma attack, until Dr. Jerome walked in, did a re-assessment, and said, "it's not asthma, it's pulmonary embolus" And so it was, and my spouse is alive today because of him. Just like Dr. House on TV.He's a little nutty...but we love him...I don't know what the silly disciplinary flag is all about, but knowing Dr. Jerome I'm sure there will be a very funny story to tell when it all winds down and clears up. Some people just don't GET Key West. It's different here.

|  Best Dr I've had  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2009

I am more than willing to wait the extra time to see him because when he sees me I know he'll spend whatever time is needed. Because of chronic illness and no insurance he reduces the cost of my visit so I can afford to see him. So many people want him as their dr that it is hard to schedule an appointment unless it is really necessary at that moment. I schedule my appt two months advance. He is dr the way dr used to be - caring. For him it isn't what pays the most but what is best for his patients. I have often waited for hours to see him and it is worth every minute.