inactive

J P Eaton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

December 20th, 2013
Thank you for wasting my time and money!
Had surgical consult with Dr Eaton. CB next day for a cost estimate on recommended procedure, was told that Dr Eaton gave billing specialist 2 procedure codes and which is used would be dependent on me... I thought the procedure and cost seemed more intensive than necessary (three times the national average for the same procedure), apparently the Dr and staff were offended (or shocked maybe?) by someone trying to manage the cost of medical care despite having insurance coverage. Set appt and when billing contact called to collect the money week before operation (despite my carrier advising me that this was discouraged and to pay on the day of operation), I probed and discovered that they switched the procedure code from tumor removal (4cm Lipoma) to cosmetic scar removal. This code doubled the hospital's charge and disqualified the procedure from my insurance coverage. I asked for appt to be cancelled (as I would be stuck with entire bill and no medical coverage). If the surgeon did not want to perform the surgery, why waste my time and money and force me to seek another surgeon for a consult? Seems to be a facet of Texas Health, trying to milk the carriers and patients for as much as they can. Quite contrary to their advertising that they "care for their patients health", only thing they care about is making as much money as possible from as many procedures as possible with no regard for the patient time, money, insurance or health in general. Would not recommend this surgery group to my worst enemy. Word to the wise: try to find a more ethical surgeon with a better organization.

October 24th, 2013
Horrible Bedside Manner
This physician was down right rude to my father (the patient). He yelled at my father and then put his hand in my fathers face and said "I'm not talking to you any more". The nurses apologized for his behavior and apparently this is a norm for him. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy. He has NO COMPASSION!!! He screams at patients while they are in pain. My experience with his is the worst experience I have ever seen. He has been reported to the hospital administration as well as other medical associations. If you're looking for a doctor with any kind of bed side manners, compassion, or humanity in general DO NOT go to him!!!!!

July 5th, 2012
Very good overall.
I went to Dr Eaton for hernia surgery. His diagnosis and surgical skills are excellent. I like the way he pointed out exactly what he would do and what I could expect. He is not a big talker but he gets right to the point.

April 26th, 2012
Incredible
DR. Eaton is the best thing that happened to me.

April 10th, 2012
Appendectomy
Had an appendectomy done by Dr. Eaton in 2009. He was extremely helpful until the surgery was over. After the surgery I did not see him for over 24 hours. I was told I would go home the following morning and was not released until 10pm the following night because of Dr. Eaton's inability to follow up with his patients. When he arrived he was very rude as if i was interupting his schedule. Very unpleasent experience with this Dr.

June 4th, 2010
Great Surgeon
I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Eaton and Purgett. They are great surgeons and great with the patients as well.