Overall Review

3.4

December 17th, 2013
Worst experience ever.
I don't ever mention that I am a Registered Nurse when I arrive at hospital/clinic. The reason is because then you find out what kind of physician and nursing staff the organization has. This physician either was never instructed or has forgotten how to treat patients! I went to the local UPMC Urgent Care Center, because it was a weekend and wanted to prevent the hassle of going to an ER. My symptoms were "classic" Shingles although the lesions were located on my scalp which is not the common location. Everything else was classic, all pain, lesions, itchy, nerve pain, etc was all on one side of my head. This man diagnosed me as having folliculitis, ordered me antibiotics and said there is no way it was shingles when I questioned him. Within 2 days the pain excruciating not to mention it spread into my lymph nodes. Now after seeing my PCP I'm started on antiviral, nerve, and pain meds (which the sooner these are started the better.) This physician never listened to me as a patient, let alone even look at me, he inspected my head and thought no blisters so it has to be folliculitis. He drew a picture and said "see there aren't blisters, and folliculitis has a yellow head on them." After returning home and having my family members look at it, they said there isn't a head on them either. He never asked what do you do for a living, is there anything going on in your life that might be stressful, he didn't even ask about the other symptoms. When I brought them up he was irritated that he had to explain why it couldn't be shingles. He was arrogant, conceited and definitely superior to me. I recommend contacting the Urgent Care Center and find out if he is scheduled to work before assuming it is someone else. It was a "Classic Case" and he missed it, and the only one suffering from his poor judgment is me, therefore I am warning anyone that reads this! I have also called and given a verbal complaint to the center. It's a good thing he didn't misdiagnose someone with cancer, I wouldn't want to happen to anyone. You have to be your own patient advocate if he is your physician I would reconsider him.

September 16th, 2010
Extremely courteous and intelligent. Dr. Goldstein is a superb diagnostician and is very caring and considerate. I would recommend him to anybody.