Dr. Jerome Gorski MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 16th, 2013
Possible EDS; Don't See Dr. Gorski
If you think you may have EDS (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome), don't go to Dr. Gorski for a diagnosis. My rheumatologist diagnosed me with hypermobility syndrome, scoring me a 5/9 on the Beighton scale, so I went to see Dr. Gorski. He said, in the nice way possible, my rheumatologist was wrong, and that I only score a 2/9, even when I'm able to pull my thumbs to my wrist with ease and my pinkies back more than 90 degrees, again with ease. He said that didn't count, because I pulled them back, when even the world-renowned geneticist, who specializes in EDS, Dr. Tinkle says that is what you are suppose to do - pull them back, in his book 'Joint Hypermobility Handbook,' and the EDNF (Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation) reiterates that point on their website. There were other things he said and did that demonstrated is lack of understand of EDS and hypermobility that I won't discuss, or this would be a really, really long review. Additionally, Dr. Gorski didn't even seem concerned that my heart rate was over 120 bpm, and I'm not even 30 years old, which I didn't found out until they gave me my check-out paperwork. So, instead of wasting your valuable time, see another geneticist that actual specializes in EDS for a diagnosis. You'll be glad you did.