Anesthesiologist, Physiatrist, Neurologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Above and Beyond  |  show details
by Thad Metsker on Dec 18th, 2013

The Doctor, nurses, and staff have always listened to what I had to say . From there they have constantly adjusted my changing medical condition to give my outstanding care. Recently after an extended stay in the hospital they went out of there way to find and make available medications that were not available anywhere locally. They worked with me and a supplier for days, following up with me several times a day until everything was correct and delivered. They treated me like family. Thank you!

|  VOTED BEST DR!!  |  show details
by Ana Blendu on Aug 6th, 2013

August 5, 2013 To Whom It May Concern: I write with great pleasure personally nominating Doctor Julian Grove, the finest Physician a patient to have. I’m sure everyone can relate to a dozen doctor visits with monotonous results, wondering why there is no answers or at least relief to get you through more comfortably. Not only does Doctor Grove identify the problem, but administers an exact plan to get your body to function the way your mind remembers it can! I have been his patient for over five years, and realize every day what a blessing it is, to have a scholar with his passion actually study his patients the way you always wished Doctors did. I get reminded daily the difference in practitioners by friends and family experiencing ‘neglect’ from their doctors. When they hear me talk about Dr Julian Grove, they ask for his contact info, and go as far as changing their insurance plans if necessary because his service; a one-of-a-kind. I thank him kindly from the bottom of my (health) for getting my mobility back, which led to healthy, which led to weight loss, which led to compliments, which led to HAPPINESS! You get the point; I got myself back! You can’t put a price on this man’s abilities. One of the reasons he fixes the problem(s) is because he LISTENS! Yeah I know hard to believe, but HE EXISTS! Thank you for allowing me to share my personal experience with you. Truly, Ana Blendu

by D. Greenfield on Apr 18th, 2013

I echo everyone's sentiments. Every positive adjective could be used when describing him. I went to so many doctors, they barely listened if at all and did not work to find me a pain regime that would work. I went to Dr. Grove and he spent the time and listened to me and looked over all my prior medical information and he then worked his magic. Within a short time, my horrible pain was under control and thankfully no more trips to the ER for extreme pain. He is the poster child of what every doctor should be or aspire to be. His assistant Brittany is also fantastic. She spends time with me and doesn't just do the "stamp and send" type of medicine. They also agreed to help with my depression management since my pain and depression are so interrelated. They truly care about me, the person and to make my life better in any way they possibly can. I feel so incredibly grateful that I was referred to him and that I get one of the best ever medical doctors and care in the business. Thank you Dr. G and Brittany and staff. You all are so great.

|  Awsome  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

Definitely wins the award for most compassionate Doctor. Goes the extra mile and is very competent. Highly recommend !

|  Back problems  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

Was referred by another pain Dr.to see Dr. Grove,my wife was having severe back problems. Dr. Dr. Grove was spot on with my sweethearts problem. It has been about 3 months now, and the problems are solved!!We cannot give enough kudos to Dr. Grove and the staff at Arizona Center For Pain Relief====Thank you Dr. My best to everyone from the great office staff to the GREAT Doctors

Mar 24th, 2012

Even tho I've been a patient for years it is still sometimes difficult to get in for a "nonscheduled" appointment.The office staff often believes they know what you are talking about instead of listening to you. Some days they are kind, some days less kind. On the other hand, Dr. Grove is always wonderful and compassionate.

Nov 1st, 2011

What could possibly be said about Dr Grove that has not already been said. Dr Grove is a true compassionate caring physician. Always smiling and has proven to be above and beyond all expectations. My husband and I are truly delighted to call Dr Grove our pain control specialist. Thank you also to the expertise of Dr Groves procedure medical assistants. All are truly wonderful. Respectfully, Janet & Santa L

|  Excellent bedside manner, truly interested in patient concerns  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

I initially visited Dr. Grove based upon a recommendation from my Physical Therapist. I found him to be personable, genuine, and sincere. He and his assistant, Brittney, make me feel like they have my best interests in mind, rather than just ordering/suggesting unnecessary procedures in order to bring in revenue. I never feel rushed during my appointment and all of my questions are always addressed. Definitely worth the 45 minute drive!

|  The best, always.  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

I had been bounced from one Dr. to another, who would not listen to me. Finally found Dr. Grove and he did everything to finally find the right combination of treatments to relieve my pain. Forever indebted to his care.

Mar 23rd, 2011

He is an excellent physician with great bedside manner and fund of knowledge.

Mar 23rd, 2011

I had had back problems for 2 years and no one would help me i went to Dr Grove he sent me for a MRI and told me what was wrong with my back finally he is a awsome dr

Nov 8th, 2010

From the onset of my symptoms, I went through so many negative experiences, trying to find the right Doctor. I was beyond frustrated trying to find both a succesful treatment plan and a Doctor who actually cared about my health and well-being. My Rheumatologist referred me to Dr Grove. I admit I was very wary when I had my first appointment. I assumed this Doctor would be no better than the others. To my surprise, Dr. Grove far exceeded my hopes and expectations. He is the most patient and caring Doctor I have ever seen. His bedside manner should be used as an example for all Doctors. He always takes time to listen to my concerns and questions. Never making me feel like he's trying to rush me out the door for his next appointment. He has tried multiple approaches to my treatment and after 2 years of pain and frustration, I finally have some much needed relief. Dr. Grove gave me my life back and I will forever be grateful to him for everything he does to help me. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  An AMAZING Professional...  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr. Grove has an awessome education and is that rare gem with tons of smarts and an excellent bedside manner. He is the best of the best in his ability to comprehend complex issues ~ find solutions and work with the patient where they are at for very good outcomes. He doesn't talk above you or over you - he works with you - he gives pain management a good name & I'm so lucky to have found him as my clinician.

|  Lizz  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

Dr. Grove is a SAINT! A true rarity in the anesthesiology profession where bed side manner is secondary given the paitent is often "put under." I only wish MORE MDs would attend the Julian Grove Institute of Bedside manner. He is a rare example of a dedicated professional who NEVER forgot about putting the patient 1st. Bless you Dr. Grove!

|  Beyond exceptional.  |  show details
by M. Spicer on Aug 5th, 2010

7 days ago I received a diagnostic Lumbar Puncture at a local hospital's emergency room; my experience was horrible and in the days that followed I was bedridden, on very heavy pain medication and without relief. I was not functioning at all and growing increasingly more ill (in pain) and depressed. I made a call to a referred anesthesiologist for a blood patch procedure, but the Dr. I was referred to was away on vacation; his receptionist referred me to Dr. Grove. I placed a call to his office and his receptionist, Holly had an appointment set for this morning within an hour. I cannot say enough about the compassionate, caring staff. The girls who assisted Dr. Grove were knowledgeable, efficient and gentle; genuinely concerned. The same goes for Dr. Grove. I experienced very little discomfort, he was professional but compassionate and sincere and I had IMMEDIATE relief from the most excruciating pain I have EVER experienced. I will refer Dr. Grove to anyone I meet with pain issues in the future. This experience exceeded any expectations I had. Thank you Dr. Grove, Jessica and the rest of the team at AZ Center for Pain Relief. I have my life back.

|  Enligtened, empathetic, experienced  |  show details
by a Louisiana patient on May 12th, 2010

Being a chronic pain patient, I have seen numerous physicians. This is one of the very few that I've encountered that actually spends time listening! Dr. Grove places the patient's needs above everything.He will tirelessly work with the most complicated patient in order to alleviate their pain. I only wish there were more doctors like Dr. Grove.

|  Painless Solution to my Problem  |  show details
by J. R.. Phoenix, AZ on Apr 14th, 2009

Understanding, caring, knowledgeable doctor. Went out of his way to see that the source of my medical problem was promptly addressed. Not just a "pill mill". Both doctor and staff respectful and professional. Made me feel that they understood that I have unique,legitimate medical problems, not like I am just trolling for meds to cover up other issues. Would highly recommend Dr. Grove to others who want competent assistance in getting through a difficult time.