Dr. Jerome Horwitz DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 9th, 2013
Cruising to retirement
I first saw Dr. Horwitz 14 months ago. He did some tests and recommended coronary bypass surgery. I had the surgery 12 months ago, and am feeling pretty good now. Dr. Horwitz put me on some medication, but never explained anything about the meds. I asked him about the beta blocker he put me on, and he explained what it is for. He never cautioned me not to stop taking it, or about any potential side effects. Since my surgery, I have seen Dr. Horwitz 4 times. He never once asked me about my diet, exercise, or lifestyle. Nor did he recommend cardio rehab, which I found out about from a friend that had the same surgery. I never had the feeling that the doctor had my best interests in mind. He doesn't seem to care about keeping me well, only about catching coronary artery disease so it may be treated. As bad as that sounds, his office is even worse. I dropped off my completed disability paper work before my surgery. They didn't get it in until 5 weeks after my surgery. I finally got my disability pay 2 weeks after I returned to work. They wont schedule an appointment after 3:45 pm (so if you work you have to use time off to go to their office), and my lats time there I waited until 5:15 before someone there told me there were still 3 patients ahead of me. I asked if I can get a later appointment, and they told me they would call me to schedule my appointment. That was over a month ago, and I still haven't heard from them. When my meds came due for renewal, the pharmacy faxed the office, but never recieved a return fax or call. That's when I found out about how dangerous it was to run out of one of my medications. When I called them, they did renew my script so I was able to get the medication the next day.

November 15th, 2012