Dr. Jerome Lee Sang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 7th, 2015
Awesone
Dr Lee Sang has been my doctor for over 10 years. I have relocated and travel 1 1/2 to see him. He had me through my husband's cancer diagnosis and mine. He is kind and compassionate and always willing to listen.

February 23rd, 2013
I would give zero stars if I could
I have a thyroid disorder and was referred to Dr. Lee Sang. He medicated me with beta blockers. For what I'm not too sure of. After a few times of seeing him I asked him why I was given a beta blocker.and when and how he would treat my thyroid disorder he seemed to get offended that I even asked. He said he was the doctor and that he would make that decision. uhm! last I checked this was my health, my body, my life and my disorder. I may not have insurance but that is still no way to treat a patient. needless to say I am no longer a patient there. I would not recommend Dr.Lee sang to any of my family and friends. Not only does he not seem to care about his patients he rushes you in and out. I guess that's how he makes his money fitting more people into his day. overall I found him to be very arrogant.

February 18th, 2013
Money is all that matters to this doctor, don't be fooled by the good reviews.
My mother has a very aggressive blood disorder, and since 2002 he has treated her for high blood pressure. It was not until now in 2013 that he realized that she had a disorder called ITP, and it was only because she was on the verge of death. Do you know why it took so long to catch? Because this doctor does not take any time with his patients, and in his mind he believes that he can diagnose you in one visit. He will send you for tests, and then pretty much forget about them. Once he does respond back, if the results are good there is usually no follow up to find the true problem. He brags about the number of patients he has, as if that is what makes a good doctor. It is because of that overbooking that he spends little to no time with his patients, and tries instead to make them feel as if everything is ok and that he knows what is best. Last but not least, this man is a stalker type apparently. My sister posted on Facebook about her opinion of this doctor. She is not his "friend" and does not like his page so he would actually have to search for her to find out what she might be saying to

July 1st, 2011
Dr. Lee Sang has been my Dr. for 10 plus years and will be until I die. He always goes above and beyond. Truly an excellent Dr.

February 26th, 2011
Excallent MD

October 13th, 2010
He is my husband's and my doctor. He was my mother's doctor, when she was alive. He is my m-i-l doctor. He is my sis-i-l's/her husband's doctor. His very good; I think because he was trained as an internist.

June 23rd, 2010
I have been seeing Dr. Lee Sang for several years. The office staff have always been courteous to me. The wait time has never been over 10 minutes past my appointment time. Nursing staff have a good sense of humor and are polite. Dr. listens to what I have to say and will let me go through my "list" that I bring with me. Understands that I work with doctors and that I know basic pharmocology - but will explain things. Good on-call system (husband had emergency situation - they immediately called him and he called my cell and spoke with husband gave great advice). Calls personally with lab results. Wish all doctors would listen like he does.

March 18th, 2010
Unhelpful & Arrogant
Having waited one year for an appointment with Dr Jerome Lee Sang, I met with the ususal Corpus Christi area response fromt his receptionist. Although I have excellent insurance from my employer & although I had changed my primary provider to Dr Lee Sang, my new card had not yet arrived with his name on it. The receptionist was immedicately suspicious and treating me like someone who could not pay fees. I told her to phone my insurance. Once she did, of course, they confirmed I had changed to Dr. Lee Sang and all was kosher for their payment. I voiced how this keeps happening when I try a new Corpus area physician. The receptionist went and immediately complained about me within earshot to all staff.I waited for 40 mins. Dr Lee Sang was rushed and dismissive of my questions. He was arrogant in questioning me as though he already knew everything. When I told him this was not going to work since I need a doctor willing to listen, he told me he "had a wonderful reputation". I have had multiple strokes, from a young age, and wanted a referral to a neurologist. He was dismissive of that saying they don't do anything other than what he can do. Of course, since I am currently having repeated serious pre-stroke symptoms, I wanted to see a neurologist, who is usually the one who orders and MRI. I told the Dr. I was leaving since this would not work. He told me "to get out"I am glad to have wasted only a year's wait and 43 minutes with this arrogant person. I will continue to drive over 300 miles to see my primary care doctor of 5 years. She and her nurse, as well as her receptionist, always provide a total caring healing environment. Dr. Jerome Lee Sang of Portland, Texas, his prissy receptionist, his abrupt and cold nurse who took my blood pressure with not even a hello are all enough to bring on another stroke! I am also glad I had the courage to tell this pompous young medical practioner what I thought of him rather than, as usual, being intimidated by the whole medical system.