Dr. Jerome Washington MD Patient Reviews

• 17 reviews

November 6th, 2016
Amazing Guy.
Doctor Washington has been my doctor for 7 years now. He was my doctor for all 4 of my babies. My first 3 were stillborn, and he showed so much love and compassion for my family. He is an amazing man. And when i had my last baby the look on his face when he got to hold her was priceless.

October 15th, 2016
Former patient
About 20 years ago he sexually assaulted me during a pelvic exam. He fondled me in a sexual way that was not a part of that exam. The nurse was in the room but she was looking away. I felt so ahamed and angry, because since she was in the room I felt like no one would believe me.

October 10th, 2016
Stay Away!! Very Disrespectful, Not at all thorough in his work
I am in the hospital due to severe pain in my abdominal region, among a myriad of other symptoms. The very first thing he said to me when he barged in my room (while I was on the phone with my mom) was "Take off your headphones." I took off one side. He repeated himself. "Take off your headphones, you need to hear this." Firstly, I have excellent hearing and he talks loudly, so I wasn't missing anything and secondly, he is not my parent. It's not his job to tell me what to do like that. The rest of his visit was equally rude. He asked me a lot of the same questions over and over in different orders like he was trying to catch me in a lie. He implied that I was stupid or lying because I don't keep track of my bowel movements. Which I think is stpid because unless I'm really sick or something, it really doesn't matter and mine aren't regular anyway. He made me feel like my hormone problems are my fault because I've given up after many, many attempts at different doctors to address my problems. He doesn't take my herbal medicine (which has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased my pain, even if it has increased period length). Implied I wasn't doing enough to fix it, even though this is a battle I've been fighting and losing for years. I finally make some progress and even find something that makes one of the cysts go away and he implies it's not enough or the wrong approach. He blamed me for the wide variance between the white blood cell count at the ER vs the one they got here. Like I can control that. Seemed to imply that I was lying or something when I had nothing to do with running those tests, other than supply the blood. He also decided that I was claiming to be in too much pain for too long. ...Yeah...last three days. Little does he know my periods have been this painful before without a ruptured cyst (although there's a lot more going on now). I could go on and on. He said a lot of disrespectful things and was quite obnoxious in tone of voice and words he used. He formed an opinion without any exam whatsoever. After he left the room, he poked à my stomach in a halfhearted way. No pelvic exam. (Not that I wanted one, but how can you tell anything if you don't even check?) No real impression he was doing more than covering his back. STAY AWAY!

April 3rd, 2016
excellant doctor. very caring.

May 4th, 2015
Great Dr. Made me feel very comfortable. Has good sense of humor too.

April 29th, 2015
Very caring and a compassionate Dr.

April 2nd, 2015
Never returning.
I found Dr. Washington on ZocDoc. I liked how close he was to my job and that he was in network with my private insurance. The first appointment with him was not very welcoming. He seemed like this was more routine to him and he was not concerned with my issues. I have PCOS. I wanted him to help me with a treatment plan. He pretty much told me I was fat (that's not the part I was upset about). He sent me for a pelvic ultrasound and asked me to come back in 2 weeks. When I came back, he didn't know what he wanted to talk about. He said, "you're good" and tried to shove me out of the door. I told him I was concerned because the sonographer told me I had cysts in my ovaries and I wanted to know how this would be treated or what we would need to do. He brushed my concerns off. I then asked to see the sonogram pictures and he laughed and make a joke with the nurse saying, "she thinks she can read the sonogram." He then turned to me and said, "are you a sonographer?" No, I am not. However, this is my health. Procedures like this are very intrusive because they are vaginal ultrasounds and they are the least bit comfortable or pain free. I was so appalled at the way he was being with me. If he would have said these things in a joking manner, I would have taken them more lightly but his demeanor was to belittle me and he did not seem concerned for my health. He is very unprofessional. He does not want to take the time to talk to you about your concerns. He laughs in your face as if your questions are silly. This was my first time trying a male doctor and he has confirmed my beliefs that women are much more compassionate and caring. Perhaps, Dr. Washington is in the wrong field of medicine. He should be more open to discussing things with his patients and he should take the time to try to educate women on how to better themselves instead of being rude and trying to belittle them. I will not be returning to his office. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.

January 21st, 2015
The sweetest man ever! Delivered myself and three brothers, hoping he can deliver my kid!

December 7th, 2014
awesome!!
Dr. Washington is an awesome Dr. He's delivered all 3 of my boys and I'll coming back to him since I'm pregnant with my 4th boy! He's very funny and down to earth! He actually listens and cares! I'd recommend him to anyone!

October 5th, 2012
Caring Doctor
Doctor Washington came recommended by a friend. I have been going to him for the past 5 years and he has always cared about me and what is going on in my life. Now that he has the second office off of 151 it makes it so much easier! His bed side manner is awesome and always makes me feel comfortable!

June 9th, 2011
worse
at first you might think he"s a good doctor but once something is going wrong he would lie his way out. they would let you hardly see your sonograms or listen to your babys heartbeat.i blame that if he would've seen me more i wouldnt of lost my baby at 19 weeks. think twice before you go to this doctor. he would hardy see you to be honest with you

March 22nd, 2011
THE BEST DOCTOR!!!
I have been going to Dr. Washington for at least 12 years now and I would NEVER think of switching. He has taken excellent care of me through some really tough times and some great times. He takes the time to get to know you and always remembers whats going on in your life. He is an awesome doctor and a great man!