Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
by Lorraine on Oct 29th, 2013

I can honestly say I have known Dr. Smith throughout his entire career. He was the 2nd person to ever hold me & I am 38. My sister & I both were patients of his. When I gave birth to my oldest 17yrs ago, he was the 1st & only pediatrics physician I wanted my children to see. We have driven from Noblesville to see him. I know he is an amazing doc! He is honest & will tell you exactly what is going on in the development of your child. His diagnoses isn't going to always be what you want to hear, but it's the truth & right on target. He loves children & really cares about their development. Yes, his jokes are odd & not too funny & my oldest doesn't get the jokes most of the time, but my youngest explains it & then we all laugh. We love Dr. Jerrold Smith!

|  know it all doctor don't listen to mom  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2013

He does not think that a parent knows anything about their child that they live with every day and he will tell you he knows more than you.

|  Great Dr!  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

We love Dr. Smith! I am a new mother, my son is now 13 months old but we have seen Dr. Smith since he was born. In the hospital I was a little put off because my son was only a day old and he just grabbed him up and was turning him this way and that way checking everything out. So of course my son was crying and I was like he's way too rough, I'm not going to him! However, the second time he came in he was very knowledgable and caring, and my son was fine, Dr. Smith does this all the time! So we've been seeing him ever since and he always answers any questions I have and knows how to deal with anything. Tells me exactly what is going on and doesn't try to sugar-coat things, which I greatly appreciate! Since he has been a pediatrician for so long he knows ALOT and he always has answers and advice. My son hasn't had any type of serious problems (thank god) but I'm confident that if we should ever need Dr. Smith for anything more than a checkup he would be the right man to see! We also LOVE his nurse, Kelly! She's great with kids and does shots quickly, and she also has answers and advice for any questions we've had. I would recommend Dr. Smith to anyone!

|  old school  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

This doctor has alot of experience and tells you like it is . He is honest and seems to be right on the money every time so far with our grandson

|  Dr Smith  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

My oldest son has been a patient of Dr. Smiths for 6 years now and now my 5 month old is a patient of his. He is a GREAT Dr my oldest son has a lot of health problems and Dr. Smith has always been very understanding of that and ALWAYS takes his time to explain everything in detail to us and answeres any questions we may have. I would recommend him to anyone he is wonderful!!!!

|  Long Time Patient  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

He was my pediatrician and now I take both our children to see him. I was hesitant with our first child as I knew he must be getting on in years but when I found out that he actively teaches for IU from time to time and is sought after in the medical community for his experience and knowledge I was confident we were seeing someone who is as current as anyone could be. We have been very pleased with him to date and appreciate his candor and honesty when discussing health related issues about our children. Our kids are 4 years old and 9 months old currently.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

We have been seeing Dr. Smith for over 11 years now. We love his nurse. She's kind, caring and quick at giving shots. Dr. Smith is a good doctor and seems to be up on all the latest. He spends time with me and answers all of my questions. My kids have specialists, so we just go to him for basic check-ups and immunizations. If you are looking for a doctor with a great sense of humor, it's not him. His jokes are off. Not really funny at all, but I"m not there to be entertained.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

He is an older doctor that does care about children. I think he cares more about kids than he does adults. ;) He is very knowledgeable, and keeps current on recent studies, despite being an older doctor.He cares for my two children, and while he can be a bit off-putting, and his office isn't the fanciest, I can tell he cares about my kids and their health.

|  worst Dr Ever  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2010

took my 18mth to see him the Dr. held him down in a leg lock the put my child in corner and said he had behavoir problems (Really you held him in a leg lock I would cry too!) he's a baby are you serious the guy is NUTS!

|  Very unhappy with Dr. smith  |  show details
by unhappy mom on Aug 6th, 2010

from the day we met in the hosp. four days after the birth of my little girl i got a feeling something wasn't right. i waited for this doc. to see my little girl for hours and he came in the nursery talked with a nurse and walked out the nurse had to run him down and get him to come back, his bedside manner is awful, he treats you like you stupid, he told my 3 week old baby to shut up and jokingly called me a bad mother

|  show details
Feb 24th, 2010

I use this doctor for both of my children ages 2 and 6. I do not care for him at all. He is rude and doesn't give my concerns the proper attention. My 2 yr old son was born with a bump going down his forehead starting at his hairline and stopping between the eyes. The doctor doesn't seem to think this is a problem and has told me for two years now this problem will go away but it hasn't. I have expressed my concern with him multiple times but all he says is is looks better and it will go away but he cant tell me when or what the negative problems could be if this doesn't go away. He doesn't care and I am currently looking for a new pediatrician.