Dr. Jerrold Snow DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Portland, OR

• Good
  • Bad

July 14th, 2016
Dr Snow is amazing. Highly recommend him.

June 19th, 2012
NOT MY KIND OF MEDICAL CARE.
New patient who had my health information concerning operations, prescription dosages & where filled and all neatly typed out. Talked to assistant Jennifer that weighed me, took blood pressure and blood test. Met Dr. Snow who seemed friendly and didn't rush. His father had died so it took me longer to get my blood test results back with a personal scribbled note from Dr. Snow something about numbers. I felt he was overwhelmed with his fathers passing and didn't give it a second thought UNTIL my REFILL FOR METFORMIN WAS DENIED? I have been a diabetic for 25 years and take pride on how I've kept track of my blood sugars using two kinds of insulin and metformin (glucophage). I was surprised and called the office to find out WHY my metformin was being denied, and the receptionist was extremely snotty on the phone rudely saying I didn't fax my numbers? I made a USELESS appointment that I had PAID a co-pay and thankfully my insurance picked up the rest to have another chat with Dr. Snow. He said my A1C came back as an 8 which didn't upset me since I felt it was going to be up there due to huge STRESS factors I had been going through. I told Dr. Snow that my last A1C was fine at 7 from the last medical office I had been with, and I wasn't having a problem with an 8. He went over the insulins I took, and I explained how and when I injected with one of them (Novolog)I went by what was ingested for how many units I injected. Dr. Snow seemed fine so I left thinking it was taken care of. AGAIN I had problems getting now my Novolog INSULIN refilled? Kept telling the drug store to keep sending faxes to get a reply for refills from Dr. Snow's office. This is the FIRST TIME, just like with the hold up with the Metformin Dr. Snow's office was slow to get filled. Finally the drug store said it had been okayed so I hurried to pick it up. For some years I have been getting FIVE BOTTLES of Novolog, and Dr. Snow ONLY gave TWO BOTTLES with small units listed like when I was first starting out 25 years ago? If I hadn't been without this insulin for over a week I would have refused, but I needed it. I paid the same amount for TWO BOTTLES that I had always paid for FIVE BOTTLES. I've seen THREE endocrinologists over 25 years, and one suggested I keep a BACK UP BOTTLE of both insulins on hand. I get a message from Jennifer inquiring WHAT DOSAGE FOR ONE OF MY TWO THYROID MEDICATIONS? I was SHOCKED that she was asking what the dosage was for thyroid, and they had already stressed and upset me so much over what they did to my NOVOLOG dosage? What is the matter with these "health professionals"???? TWICE Dr. Snow and his staff had denied me my diabetes medications that I sent him a fax listing my high blood sugars over a two week period after being cut down so much on my NOVOLOG, and told Jennifer to look on the paper I had brought in with me to see the DOSAGE, and asked how did they GUESS on the other Thyroid dosage? I let them know how disappointed, stressed and upset I was at how he had disrespected ME, and where was Jennifer on asking me HOW MUCH NOVOLOG I NEEDED FOR REFILLS? I will never understand why he chose to treat me like an idiot, foul up my whole system I had taken so much time to learn and look after my diabetes? I guess Dr. Snow DID NOT LISTEN, DENIED ME my diabetes medications TWICE, and I'm a NEW PATIENT that he didn't get to know or even take the time to learn over time how well I've controlled my diabetes. He seems to be big on Gastric Bypass that is very expensive, $33,000.00 is what my sister was charged, and she NEVER took control of her diabetes ever. She is the one that recommended Dr. Snow and for the life of me never understood how he let her NOT control her diabetes. He highly recommended the Gastric Bypass that I feel is an easy way out for overweight people that get out of taking care of their diabetes, and it is a barbaric operation that staples and reroutes the stomach so you end up with an egg. There are a lot of other problems AFTER you mess up a perfectly good set up for human stomachs, they butcher the stomach where it will never work the same way, and you cannot undo the mistake. The people never learn about a better way to lose weight since they didn't have to learn anything, and my sister did not do one thing she was expected BEFORE the operation. I don't know how the $33,000.00 is given out to all the "health professionals" involved, but there are lines of new suckers running into the hospital every week since all the criteria has been lowered so much anyone is eligible if their health insurance or welfare pays for it.Dr. Snow immediately sent me a letter claiming he had to read MY FAX TWICE, did not understand why I had such anger and vehemence? After he reviewed my correspondence it was clear he would not be able to provide me any further care? Really?? Now he is acting like a martyr, and what care besides having to wait for my diabetes and thyroid medications did I really receive. He also states that their policy which I never saw on-line was to discharge all family members, so he APOLOGIZED to my husband, but not ME for any inconvenience this caused him??? It was amusing that he claimed if Jennifer had not called to get the CORRECT DOSAGE it would have had a NEGATIVE EFFECT ON MY HEALTH???? I guess my DIABETES MEDICATIONS THAT WERE NEVER FILLED ON TIME DIDN'T MATTER? I did WITHOUT MY METFORMIN OVER A MONTH, and my NOVOLOG OVER A WEEK, and my THYROID OVER A WEEK!Dr. Snow states he would be willing to provide us with 1 month to refill our medications. I always thought BY LAW any doctor has to keep your medication coming, so he isn't being Dr.Wonderful to offer that. I DON'T WANT HIM SCREWING UP ANY MORE OF MY MEDICATIONS EVER AGAIN! I had NO INTENTION of ever using him as a "doctor" since he LOST all my respect and trust, so he can climb off his altar. He also stated that hopefully we will find a provider that will meet our needs? After his POOR handling I don't think WE will have any problems finding any other "health professionals to get our prescriptions filled ON TIME and with the CORRECT DOSAGES!

October 27th, 2014