Critical Care Specialist, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Cheatom Park
Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates
330 Laurel St
Ste 1100
Des Moines, IA 50314
515-288-3287
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great doctor,  |  show details
by Ada on Jan 27th, 2014

He delivered 2 of my babies by c section, it was quick and relaxed. everything went very well. Very good and very busy doctor. I would recommend him to a friend.

|  The Best  |  show details
by Momoffour on Apr 19th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Hancock for about 15 years, and I can not say enough wonderful things about him. I have four children, including a set of twins, and he's delivered them all. He made it a point to be there, personally, for us every time. (Including a mad dash across the parking lot to get into the room just in time.) My pregnancies were high risk, and thanks to his attentive care and kindness, my babies are happy and healthy today.

|  Dr Hancock  |  show details
by JDM on Feb 28th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Hancock for over 10 years. He has a great mannerism and he always explains thing to me.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2011

Dr. Hancock is the best OB doctor I have seen! He has delivered all three of my children and never once have I had a problem or issue arise. He takes time to listen as well as get the spouse involved. He explains things very well with abundant detail. The only downfall I would see in him is he talks somewhat fast! Other than that, he is an EXCELLENT doctor and I will continue to go see him!

|  RUDE  |  show details
by makesmewanttoswearoffalldoctors on Apr 30th, 2010

Constant yawning. General cocky tone. Late to work the first appt. Long wait for appts., esp. at downtown office. Was able to take a 30 minute nap while waiting. Offices/rooms, esp. downtown, NOT clean. Doesn't listen and unwillingness to admit when not listening--confronted and caught him in a discrepancy. Attempted to bully and/or scare me into unecessary medication. Did not disclose full realm of procedure. Rude staff, esp. the surgical scheduling nurse. BAD bedside--rude comments about my personal appearance (uh, yeah, I wasn't well; duh) Spouse also thought he was rude and I didn't even tell him about my previous encounters. Refusal to do full follow up exam. LOUD talker, heard his entire delicate conversation with patient in adjoining room. I hope her "issue" clears up. Finally, caught him speaking ill of me to other staff in the hall when I left the exam room quicker than expected. I spoke ill of him to his face. Might be an ok doctor for a meek person who will follow blindly regardless of poor professionalism.

|  Good Dr!!  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2010

Dr Hancock is a great dr.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by Shelley Marsh on Feb 9th, 2010

If you are looking for someone who gets involved with his patients, Dr. Hancock is your doctor. He goes into great detail and makes sure you understand what he is explaining. He has a unique, quirky, personality, but is honest, and forthright with answers and concerns. He will follow up with you in person on surgical matters. Dr. Hancock is good about giving you options to fit your life and goes in depth as to what to expect. The only downfall is by spending time with each patient explaining you may have to wait for him to get to your appt. AND I really wish they would go back to the full cloth gowns, the little half paper gowns do nothing for privacy. Otherwise, he is the one for me. I've seen several over the years. His PA is great too, very understanding and good to work with.

|  Kept Him Awake  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2009

I went to see a partner of Dr. Hancock's who was recommended by a friend. This doctor was booked out, but Dr. Hancock had available time. I now know why. The entire time he was consulting with me he was yawning and looking out the window. He explained that he had been on call the night before, but I didn't really care. If he was that tired he should have stayed home because he certainly wasn't listening to me. After an exploratory procedure, he removed a cyst and said I was fine and that he couldn't find anything other than that wrong with me. A year later I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease and found out that the gyn issues I was having are typical of Graves, but because he really wasn't listening to me or asking me any detailed questions, it didn't surprise me that he missed it.

|  show details
Jun 13th, 2008

he is the best OB in his practice!