A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jerry Shields:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jerry Shields is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shields
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Shields Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jerry Shields, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 33 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Choroid Diseases
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Iris Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Cancer
- Iris Diseases
- Male Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Neovascular Glaucoma
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shields graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 19 awards.
Dr. Shields has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jerry A Shields MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 48 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Jerry A. Shields practice?
- Dr. Jerry Shields has 1 office location.
Dr. Jerry Shields practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.