A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jerry Shields:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jerry Shields is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shields
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Shields Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jerry Shields, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 33 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Choroid Diseases
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Iris Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Cancer
- Iris Diseases
- Male Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Neovascular Glaucoma
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shields graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 19 awards.
Dr. Shields has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jerry A Shields MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Jerry A. Shields practice?
- Dr. Jerry Shields has 2 office locations.
Dr. Jerry Shields practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.