3.0

by Joshua Patton on May 1st, 2015

Dr. Chow really did am amazing job on my hands. I had carpal tunnel surgery in both hands. I can sleep better now. Thank you so much Dr. Chow

Very Satisfied! show details Very Satisfied!
by Colleen C. on Apr 22nd, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Chow by my primary care physician for a consultation regarding some fingers that were starting to curl in toward my palm. It turned out I had to have surgery for something called Dupytren's Contracture. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. He over the entire procedure and recovery process with me and informed me of all the complications that could occur (but didn't, thank God!). My hand is better than ever and in fact I returned to see him for some moles I was concerned about. They turned out to be nothing but I see him on a yearly basis for skin checks just to make sure nothing pops up. I read all the previous reviews and found my experience was certainly nothing like those. The girls in the office were extremely professional and very nice to both myself and my husband who is also a satisfied patient. The nurse that went over my instructions prior to my surgery was very professional and took the time to answer my many questions both before and after my procedure. I am definitely happy with the care I've received by Dr. Chow and not only will I continue to see him as needed, but I will also keep recommending him to all my friends and family.

Second surgery worked show details Second surgery worked
by Mary Mundo on Apr 22nd, 2015

When I finally found Dr. Chow I was in the care of another Doctor. The first doctor performed surgery. After many months of not getting better, using their therapists, waiting for the pain to at least lesson I had Dr. Chow look at it. He went in doing exploratory surgery and found a major mistake that the first surgeon did. Dr. Chow fixed the problem. I have been using the physical therapist that Dr. Chow suggested and I can happily say with gratitude that my hand is on the mend. The extreme pain has greatly subsided. Looking foward to resume a normal life.

by Pat Bartell on Apr 13th, 2015

Dr. Chow ignored my complaints 2 days after surgery. Instead, he sent me to a therapist to look at my hand. I ended up at the ER and it took 2 calls from his own therapist, and the ER DR. before he would see me, a full week after my initial complaint. Had a full blown infection which caused excruciating pain. The lack of movement has left me permanently deformed; all after a simple trigger finger release. The incision had to be redone and left open, which formed a large amount of scar tissue. Dr. Chow's staff is unfriendly. The main objective of his practice is money, not his patient. What should have been a few week recovery and a simple procedure, has left me forever damaged. I use to teach piano which I can no longer do adequately. I also developed Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy which Dr. was informed prior to the surgery of a past history but totally disregarded . Please think twice before deciding on your care.

Thankful show details Thankful
Mar 13th, 2015

Had, what was thought to be a wart on my finger. Dr. Chow gave me the option of topical treatments first and the option to surgically remove the growth. I opted for the removal. The day after the removal, Dr. Chow called me personally and told me I needed to come in for an additional surgery to clear out a cancerous growth. Dr. Chow was quick to ensure the cancerous cells were fully removed from my finger.

WORST DOCTOR AND STAFF show details WORST DOCTOR AND STAFF
by random on Oct 29th, 2014

Dr chow and his staff are the worst. I have had a useless finger since December 2013. I saw him because I dislocated my finger. He operated twice on me and failed both times. My finger was STUCK and couldn't move. I am seeing a new doctor now to repair what he did to me. His staff are a bunch of rude B's. Luckily I have good insurance but I still have to pay out of pocket. Two failed surgeries and useless therapy, I have to pay the bill. Offer a very difficult payment plan that I cannot afford being a college student. Do not see Dr. Chow. He has ruined my life.

Uncompassionate Doctor, no bedside manner show details Uncompassionate Doctor, no bedside manner
Jul 12th, 2014

I would not recommend Dr. Chow to anyone. Reasons are as follows: Rude Staff when calling to make appointments. Dr Chow was very compassionate at first. performed surgery on me and was very compassionate until he told me the surgery was a failed surgery. Then there is nothing he can do and he will tell you to move on. He does nothing to help your cause, do not ever try to get him to help get a long term disability benefit, or write restrictions for a condition that is chronic. He will not.

HORRIBLE show details HORRIBLE
Jul 9th, 2014

I've had 2 surgeries from Dr. Chow and both unsuccessful. Now I'm seeing another doctor to fix it. Office staff is very rude also.

Fantastic!!! show details Fantastic!!!
by Melissa on May 23rd, 2014

My experience with Dr. Chow was fantastic. My daughter suffered a severe dog bite to her face in 2008. From the very moment we met with Dr. Chow I knew she was in good hands. He was professional, attentive and willing to do whatever it took to help with the issue. Needless to say most people today can not even tell she was ever hurt in the first place. I have recommended people to him many times and will continue to do so! I cannot thank him enough for all that he did!

Dr. Do Little show details Dr. Do Little
by C.S. on Dec 30th, 2013

Con-man. Businessman...period. I would really like to see his Canadian College of medicine record. He is the most expensive of all too.

Excellent care. Every time. show details Excellent care. Every time.
by Judy H. on Mar 25th, 2013

I have had two carpal tunnel surgeries with Dr. Chow, and two facial mole removals. Dr. Chow also removed a growth on my daughter's arm and took care of my father when he sliced his thumb with a table saw. He is incredibly efficient and professional. He was recommended to me by several Palos Hospital surgical staff members who stated that. Dr. Chow is the one that they would choose for their own family members.

Nov 8th, 2012

Office staff is miserable. Dawn needs to get her nose out of the air and try to be courteous. Not a group of happy people.

Aug 28th, 2012

Scheduling/office staff was rude and indifferent.

Butcher show details Butcher
May 8th, 2012

Not qualified to be a surgeon, especially hand surgery. I think that he is a comedian

V ery satisfied!!! show details V ery satisfied!!!
Apr 2nd, 2012

My initial thoughts of Dr. Chow was slow and not personable. That was at the hospital when I first met him and I was in worried mom mode. My daughter amputated the tip of her finger ad i felt like we waited for ever at the hospital and we were sent from the immediate care center on the fast track. Dr. Chow is very professional and straight forward. the very first day he told me that if I was patient with him My daughter would have a good end result. I have taken my daughter to his office about 5 or 6 times now i have never had any issues in office they are always prompt and or early. My daughter is 7 weeks out now and I am amazed how good her finger looks. I would recommend Dr. Chow to any one who has a hand injury

Knows his stuff show details Knows his stuff
Feb 23rd, 2012

Dr. Chow is very thorough, direct and kind to his patients. He always has time to listen and can tell what is wrong immediately. I was impressed. My appointment was at 1:15pm. I came and filled in the paperwork and was in the examination room before my scheduled appointment. I really appreciated this and after seeking Dr. Chow as a second opinion he was right on with the diagnosis. I was told to go to him first but then I listened to my pediatrican who sent me to another hand Dr. He made a big mess but Dr. Chow was direct told me what was wrong, how he had to fix the problem, and made my hand/wrist better.He is the guy!

Sep 11th, 2011

I agree with all the comments above about his staff. The staff is extremely rude, probably the most unhappy people I 've met.

aggrevated show details aggrevated
Aug 24th, 2011

called about a problem with a proceedure done for my mom on a bed sore and was told by a wound specialist at the rehab center that its worse after he did his thing,when i called him he said who do you want to believe me or that person and said he didnt care what they said,should have done this research before letting him touch my mom.keep away!

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Jun 6th, 2011

Was sent to him for Independent Medical Review. The staff was rude and he wasn't any better. Spent 10 minutes with me and told me I had thyroid problem which was related to my carpals. Explained to him that I had a normal thyroid and had tests done last year. Looked at my hands did a grip test and sent me on my way. My claim was denied. Calling my family Dr to find out what thyroid issue I was being treated for that I don't have. Then I'm calling the workers comp people and complaining about this hack.

Mar 30th, 2011

Not sure if Dr. Chow is a good surgeon!! Had some work done and then he still had to fix something and now in recovery from a second time around with him and he still didn't do what he was suppose to do and fix....very disappointed. Now I am thinking I have to take care of it by seeing another surgeon. I need to talk to some other previous patients of his that he has screwed them up....VERY IMPORTANT!!

IMPORTANT!!!! show details IMPORTANT!!!!
Mar 29th, 2011

Need to talk with someone that Jerry Chow has donw work on.....VERY IMPORTANT

Mar 15th, 2011

I couldn't believe how rude his staff is. Him and his nurse were very nice, but not the other women. I wouldn't go back just because of the blond lady that insulted me.

by N. Parker on Feb 6th, 2011

Dr. Chow was very helpful and sympathetic of my problem. He took his time explaining what could be done and how the joints work. I was very impressed with him and his office personnel.

Nightmare! show details Nightmare!
Nov 14th, 2010

Office staff demeanor is terrible! Dr. Chow is very unprofessional . I would not recommend him to anyone, after being strung along after surgery, had to seek another Dr. to undo what he screwed up.

Mar 2nd, 2010

Very rude office staff, particulary his wife who works in the office.

GREAT DOCTOR show details GREAT DOCTOR
by Larry Ball on Oct 28th, 2008

And a fine man always concerned about me and my health always available (or his nurses)when i call I would reccomend him to anyone.Cares very much about his patients and a great bedside manner

terrible experience show details terrible experience
by g. i. on Oct 13th, 2008

"DR" chow is a butcher. i regret going to him over and over again. he disfigured me. do not even consider him.