Internists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Robinwood Internal Medicine
11110 Medical Campus Rd
Ste 150
Hagerstown, MD 21742
301-665-4593
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  The worst doctor I've ever had  |  show details
by Mike K. on Apr 18th, 2013

I began seeing dr. Correces when I first moved to this area as he was the first doctor that was accepting patients quickly and now I know why. He is easily the worst PCP I've ever had. The staff and office are quite nice, which is the opposite of him and I wonder why they even work for him. I would go into see him with 3 issues and he wouldn't not listen to me and focus on one issue, disregard all the other issues and then perscribe me a medication that wouldn't work. Each time I saw him, I would have to make another appointment with 2 days as he was always wrong. He as no bedside manner and constantly talked down to me and treated me like a drug addict instead of a patient. I have a bulging disc in my neck that is pushing onto my spinal cord and lied to me about the severity of the issue telling me that it would be fine PT and physical therapy and refused to perscribe any sort of pain medication to me. After two trips the ER about the disc issue and shoulder spasm, I went to his office and did not give me ANY physical examination and refered me to a pain specialist who said he would take care of me. After steroid injections that didn't work and Correces telling he "I'm a drug seeker with no real problems" I sought a second opinion. The doctor I saw was disgusted with the treatment given to me and told me I need surgery immediately and that Correces was being neglient to the point that he himself was putting me through unnecessary pain for no reason. Avoid this doctor like the plague as he apparently doesn't know what he's doing.

|  Overall Performance  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

My wife and I waited 5 minutes past our scheduled appointment. The Dr. reviewed our overall health and prescriptions. I have o complaints.

|  Discriminates against Medicare & Obesity patients  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2011

Dr.Correces lacks a bedside manner. Not a friendly person. I was surprised since filipinos are well known to be very friendly people. He does not do what he says that he will do and will change his mind at the last minute. His wanna be nurse Delores does not know how to take a simple blood pressure tests and will use a cheap walmart type digital blood pressure kit that is not very accurate. Time and time again I had asked Doleres to fax some of my medical documents to my surgeon only to find out several times that she never faxed a thing. If you have Medicare and suffer from obesity then you will be discriminated against. If Dolores is there, then sometimes you can count on a 2 hour wait. The staff is not well versed on medicare rules only in getting paid. The lack of basic knowledge about the benefits that is offered to medicare patients is very poor. When I ask Dolores about the welcome to Medicare exams, she asked what was that? I was very shocked of lack of understanding the staff had for Medicare patients benefits. I wanted to get a hepatitis B vaccine shot that medicare offers to all people on medicare. Dolores says oh, we don't give that vaccine and she says Medicare does not offer that. I told her that Medicare does. This is not a place to go if you suffer obesity issues for example. The waiting room does not offer proper bariatric seating with back support like regular chairs. The office weight scale limit is only 350. I'm thinking how can they properly assist me if they don't know my exact weight limit. When I needed to get a hospital bed ordered which Medicare pays for, the staff response was oh we never ordered a hospital bed before for a patient. My response was, You got to be kidding me, how long has this office been in practice? I needed a medical clearance for asthma and gout after waiting for 2 long hours to take a 10 minute breathing test. Then the Dr.Correces said he would clear me, then at the last minute he says no I will wait to clear you until I get another blood test to check my uric acid levels. First of all I don't suffer from asthma So now my bariatric surgery is delayed and plus medicare would not cover my blood tests cause Dolores didn't put a proper diagnosis on my lab paper work. Now I have to pay out of pocket for a test that the Doctor already has to begin with 2 weeks prior. I'm sure you all know that when you are disabled living on a fixed income plus you have to pay Medicare B,D and a supplement plan that you can't afford mistakes on your doctors staff and pay high lab fees out of pocket. I am angry at the lack of compassion from my doctor and his staff plus the treatment that I have received. I called my doctors office and complained, but I got the strong impression that I was not a patient,not a name,just a number in their medical files. They didn't seem to care about my complaint. I expected that my doctor would call me to address the problem, but I expected to much and realized my doctor didn't give a dam about his patient and my feelings. Stay clear from this practice.