Dr. Jerry Ferrentino MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 25th, 2016
He's a great doctor. Never had an issue with him. Takes me right in no problems.

September 2nd, 2014
Mom
I've had Dr. Ferrentino for over 20yrs. I love him. He even postponed a vacation to deliver my 2nd child.

April 22nd, 2014
Kidney infection
I'm pregnant with my first child I'm 20 years old. I kept telling him I had a uti and they did urine tests on me it came out I had one and it was reoccurring with the pregnancy. After I was about 20 weeks I starting getting horrible back pain and I couldn't even get an hour of sleep without waking up in pain tossing and turning all night. I called him went in for tests and they said if I had an infection they would let me know weeks passed with no call, when I kept calling they had an attitude with me and made me feel like I was just complaining about regular pregnancy pains. A week ago now I was 24 weeks pregnant and thought I had the flu I couldn't barely even walk I had a temperature of 102-102.9 for 3 days I called everyday saying something is not ok I took Tylenol and nothing brought the fever down the nurse in the office insisted I had a stomach bug she also had had and that it would pass in a day or so. After nothing clearing and myself getting horribly worse I called again and the dr prescribed me tamiflu without even a dr visit he wouldn't even see me! Then next day when I felt like I was about to die couldn't even stomach a sip of water he informed me to go to Yale er. I found out I have a horrible kidney infection and had to be admitted into the hospital. This dr has disappointed me and I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I went through DO NOT USE HIM AS YOUR DR, You will end up in the hospital. He did a clean catch urine sample in his office 4 days before this happened I don't understand why he didn't see I had an infection. Still now after getting out of the hospital I'm having problems and had a renal ultrasound he has not called me back yet it's been 2 days now he is awful and is harming my life and my unborn sons life! Don't make the same mistake I made and switch to him he will have u in the hospital on death row.

April 13th, 2011
Way too busy for his workload
Coming in for an emergency, after being a patient for over 7 years, they first had to call my insurance...?, then they made a mistake, stating i didnt have coverage, called to apologize, had me come in, had the staff diagnose the problem while the doctor isnt even in the office, still waiting for a call regarding my problem while i sit in pain.

October 7th, 2010
Very poor bedside manner. No empathy for a woman in hard labor. I left his practice. He didn't take my complaints seriously.

April 1st, 2010
Efficient and Caring
Dr. Ferrentino is great for OB/GYN care. He's consistently on time for appointments and has made personal calls to update me on my pregnancy. Additionally, he's efficient during appointments but will spend all the time necessary with me to address my questions.