Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist
1111 Raintree Cir
Ste 170
Allen, TX 75013
214-509-9691
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Retired mid seventies golfer  |  show details
by Tom Lewis on Feb 14th, 2014

The injections process from start to finish was extremely thorough and delivered in a caring and professional manner. Everyone knew their role and give me the impression that I was a VIP. His practice is the place to be if you have pain management issues.

|  saved my sanity  |  show details
by Brenda Smith on Nov 14th, 2013

Dr. Jerry, or also known as the healing hand, is the best. I had every kind of treatment out there. He gave me injections under anesthesia. Yes i was sore for a day or two. After, 0 pain. That was 10 years ago. I thought his bedside manner was good. Just another person doing his job. He was informative, answered my questions, & tossed in a joke. He didn't coddke me, which i didn't expect. I sent my husbands grandmother to him, she was dragging her leg, due to pain. Dr. Jerry gave her injections. She was fabulous the following day, ironing clothes, something she was able to do @ all. She wasn't thrilled with his bedside manner, but is thankful i begged her to go.She also has been pain free for years. She is 84 & still ironing, living her life free if pain!

|  A case of Malpractice  |  show details
by john cortes on Sep 19th, 2013

When i went in to get put on a pain regiment, he kept pushing the epidural steriod injections. i told him that i'd had baad reactions to oral doses of prednisone. he assured me that the only side effects were pain at the injection site. he gave me norco, and sent me off, saying he'd call once the insurance was pre-certified for the procedure. he performed it on friday sep 13 2013. 6 injections of a steriod he would not tell me the name of. after that my blood pressure was 165 over 108 WHILE I WAS ON MY BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION!!! i had not been able to sleep for 3 days, and he would not prescribe me anymore medication. i went to him 4 days later, begging for help to stabilize my blood pressure and get adequate rest. he told me that if it was such a big problem to see my primary care physician. he then told me that he would not rescribe anymore pain medications to me because of my age (25), and that injections was all he was "able to do". i went to my physician today and told her the story, she was taken aback after hearing about how he went about the whole thing, and his refusal to stabilize my blood pressure. this is clearly a case of malpractice. never EVER see this doctor. i hope he gets his license revoked.

|  A Dr. you can trust  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Jerry. for eight years. After moving to Texas from Chicago I was so relieved to find a Doctor to his caliber. His treatment of my back condition surpassed any previous medical care I had "Up North". When I go to his office I know I can trust him completely and get a truthful answer to any medical question I have. God bless Texas and Doctor Jerry ,

|  Dr. Jerry is great!  |  show details
by Sandra G. on May 31st, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Jerry Holubec for the past 12 years and he has helped me survive chronic pain since I broke my back in 2000. He has helped me by finding the right course of treatment that worked for me. He is knowledgeable and concerned for his patients. I would and have referred friends as well as strangers. Dr. Jerry is courteous, spends ample time with his patients to answer all their questions, and his fun loving bedside manner puts me at ease. Getting in to see him is for appointments is reasonable, at times there is a wait in the office but usually he is on time (the wait is usually less than 30 minutes), and his staff is always courteous! I will continue to see Dr. Jerry as needed until he retires whenever that is!

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
by Mike W. on May 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Jerry Holubec for over 2 years now for my lower back injury/ post surgeries. I have been to many different kinds of Doctors over the past 12 years. Since this injury happened to me on a job and it is a work comp injury you go through a Lot of Doctors before you find the right one that isn't in it just for the money. In other words a caring Doctor. Well Dr. Holubec has always listened to me and gives me his Honest opinion and good advice. He is very personable and a character at times he makes you feel comfortable and at ease when you see him. He is more than just a pain management Doctor once I came in to see him for my chronic pain and it was in the cold and flu season before Christmas I was sick and he gave me a remedy that I could buy over the counter he wrote down how to take everything then smiled and said "now don't say I never gave you anything" , he knew I could not afford to go to a M.D. being I cannot work full time; and I did not even ask him to help me he offered his help. Like I said before I have been to many Doctors and NONE of them just helped me because they could. I think that's called being a Good Human which he is. He is a very kind person a long with all of the people that work with him not a bad Apple in the bunch. I would recommend Dr. Jerry Holubec to my family, friends and anyone who is truly in pain and needs help.

|  Finally, a doctor that cares...  |  show details
by Chris P on May 21st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Jerry T. Holubec for the past two months. Dr. Holubec was able to diagnose me after I had six months of bad experiences with other doctors. He has helped me understand my condition and explained in detail the procedure he was going to perform to alleviate my pain. Dr. Holubec, known as Dr. Jerry by his patients and staff, has a calm, reassuring manner when talking with him. Dr. Jerry takes the time to listen to you. You will truly have a dialogue with Dr. Jerry. When you are done with your visit you will have a clear understanding of your treatment, progress, or the next step in your treatment. Dr. Holubec’s staff is friendly and helpful. They have the same approachable demeanor as Dr. Holubec. The staff is great at making sure they follow-up with you after your treatment and they are very flexible with scheduling your appointments. Bottom line, if you're looking for a GREAT doctor that will listen to you and will take the time needed to discuss your treatment options, then Dr. Jerry T. Holubec is for you.

|  mean doctor  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

he is very non sympathetic to your pain and if you dare mention the word paid medicine he will scold you and tell you he is not the kind of doctor that just hands out pain medicine and that if thats what i am there for that i need to find another doctor. he is too young to be a respectable doctor and rude and does not care about you being in pain. and yes their billing system is a rip off and always say you owe them money.

|  Not the best office staff  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

I really, really liked Dr. Jerry. His nurses were great, as well. The rest of the staff and process...not so much. The first visit was fine, aside from the almost two hour wait time (literally...I got there at 2:30 and left at 5) in a very cramped waiting room. The second visit, the girl up front was nice, but had no idea why I was there and told me that I had a $500 bill to pay. I went to the manager's office to figure it out. He/she could not be found, so I was rudely helped by another woman. She said that the bill was because their office had not submitted it to insurance, yet, so I did not have to pay it. Phew. Despite the confusion as to why I was there, the rude lady and the hour wait, this time, the doctor knew why I was there and I was taken care of. He is so nice and caring. Now, I see $1800 on my EOB from Coice Labs for peeing in a cup. They drug test. That is fine. They sent it to an out of network provider, however. I am now in the middle of an insurance and financial mess. Dr. Jerry is wonderful, but the front staff is so completely unorganized and the wait time is ridiculous. If you do decide to see him, make sure you have them check your providers before agreeing to anything.

|  CHANGED OPINION  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Jerry since 11/2007; he has provided me with some comfort and he doesn't give up, but after being on meds for this extended period of time, my body adjusted to the amt and needed to be increased or changed because my comfort level was very low; he refused. I asked more than once and each time he refused and got a little P.O'd, and I was afraid to mention it again. I admit to going to another dr for additional help. When he found out, I was accused of selling them and getting them for someone else. He didn't dump me, but he refused to provide help for pain any longer. He also didn't provide help for the withdrawals that I was to experience after being on meds for this long;he didn't even inquire about the possibility. I signed an agreement and I understand his stand on the meds, but why didn't he make sure that I had the help I needed so I could either find another dr or get off the meds completely?

|  null  |  show details
by null on Mar 2nd, 2010

Rude, argumentive, not listening & non caring.

|  Great Dcotor  |  show details
by Joe Dragan, Southlake Texas on Sep 7th, 2009

I drive 46 miles each way to see Dr. Jerry because he is one of the finest doctors I have ever visited. He doesn't just treat a symptom, he trys to cure the problem. He continues to try new methods, some of which are so new that his office is the only one in North Texas that offers it. With out doubt, I would, and have reccomended him for anyone suffering from cronic pain.

|  Dr. Jerry is the best  |  show details
by J. Dyer on Jul 9th, 2009

Dr. Jerry is the best. He really helped me with my neck and shoulder pain. I had been in terrible pain and his procedure relieved it.The staff and associates are very professional and very caring.

|  Won't Give Up  |  show details
by Cookie on Jul 17th, 2008

Dr Jerry is the only doctor that I have been to that didn't give up after a few months. I've been going to him off and on since 1999. He makes you feel comfortable, and that he really cares. I highly recommend him.