Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Mar 22nd, 2016

He refused to listen to me as I was having complications. I went to the Durango OBGYN and within two weeks they caught a life threatening complication and acted immediately! Do not waste your time with him or his staff.

So wrong of him show details So wrong of him
by Kodie on Feb 24th, 2016

Let me start off my saying I'VE NEVER IN MY LIFETIME met such a RUDE DISRESPECTFULL (WHO HAS NO BED SIDE MANNERS) doctor. My first appointment I was told by JERRY KARABIN that if I WAS SMOKER HE WOULD SHOOT ME BETWEEN MY EYES after I just told him I didn't smoke. YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD HAVE GONE TO A different DOCTOR RIGHT THEN AND THERE & I should have ! I cannot tell you why I didn't honestly because I ask myself that multiple times I just kept telling myself that he's lstill old school maybe. Anyway I have been in the emergency room multiple times for things I felt were necessary for being a young SCARED pregnant women. Not one time did he come in himself to check on me or my unborn son. I was having horrible contractions witch the monitor is proof I was having contractions, not close together, but clearly my baby was stressed for some reason.! His answer to everything is drink some water. Always telling me that I have vaginal discharge or braxton hicks (tmi) because I need to drink water, even though I do 24/7. Today was my 33 week appointment and I will not be returning back to this facility, ever again! and will make sure that my friends or family don't either. You would think 8 months into being someone's doctor you would know their NAME, BUT HE DIDN'T & HE KEPT and keeps CALLING ME JODI WITCH IS NOT MY NAME AND IT SAYS IT ON THE PAPER IN FRONT OF HIS FACE. WHEN I TRY TO CORRECT HIM HE TELLS ME I'M INTERRUPTING AND I NEED TO LET HIM FINISH, AND THEN HAS THE AUDACITY TO TELL ME THAT HE'S NOT GONNA PUT UP WITH ME NEGLECTING MY CHILD BY GOING INTO EMERGENCY ROOM WHEN IT'S FLU SEASON and I need to stop because im upsetting the nurse and they are annoyed and that if I wanna find a new doctor then to ahead, because he's already had several nurse tell him I've said rude comments! Mind you I've only met 2 nurses each time & only thing I said was I need to find a new doctor. I don't see how that's being rude. Anyway long story short. If you want someone who doesn't listen to what and how you are feeling, or someone who thinks its ok to raise his voice at his patients or even better yet threaten them. Or someone to tell you your problem is you are dehydrated when you don't feel good. Pretty much dehydration is the answer to everything for him!! Then hes the PERFECT doctor just for you!. And for him to tell me that going to the hospital is neglecting my son because I felt something was wrong (THOUGHT THAT'S WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO) and wanted to make sure he is OK is WRONG !!! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHEN MY FRIEND ALEX WENT IN FOR HER 20 WEEK APPOINTMENT AND SHE HAD SWELLING and high blood pressure due TO PRECLYMPSIA (MY SISTER HAD IT AS WELL) AND I TOLD HIM he NEEDED TO CHECK HER AND HE ARGUED WITH ME SAID IT WAS TO EARLY TO GET IT AND IT COULD NOT BE THAT. And 1 week later her son was born early and stillborn due to her having PRECLYMPSIA but I knew nothing of what he was talking about right. BTW this is my second pregnancy and I know my body. If you do go to him good luck and may God bless your child and his or her safety!!!

Jul 27th, 2015

Was the worst doctor experience I or my wife have ever had, he should have stayed in new orleans

Lost The Best GYN I Ever Had !!!!!!! show details Lost The Best GYN I Ever Had !!!!!!!
by Pat Cullifer on May 18th, 2015

Katrina took Dr. Karabin and Karen away from us...... Many of his patients loss everything and relocated to other states. It's been 10 years and I still cant find a Doctor that comes close to the over the top care he gave me as well as the women of the Coast. I had surgery, and he even called me when I got back home to see how I was doin....... How often does that happen?

Terrible Customer Service show details Terrible Customer Service
May 16th, 2015

Note that these are comments regarding the administrative staff and not Dr Karabin himself. I have never been treated worse as a customer in my life. In attempting to clarify their reason for requiring particular personal information, the receptionist refused to attempt to answer the question asked by my husband and I, and after we asked a few times she requested that we just leave without seeing the doctor. Although we asked to speak with the receptionist's boss, the receptionist spoke with her boss on the phone, completely misrepresented the conversation we had, and hung up and informed us that her boss would not speak with us and we just needed to leave. I would caution anyone considering becoming a patient of Dr Karabin's... do not expect to be treated as a valued customer by the administrative staff. I will not be back and I would definitely not recommend this doctor's office to anyone.

upset patient show details upset patient
by Billie on Dec 5th, 2013

12/5/13-I had a surgery scheduled for Monday. As Dr. Karabin knew, I have to have the surgery before the new year because of my deductible. I called to confirm todays appt time because I wasn't sure if it was at 10 or 10:30. Theresa the receptionist confirmed 10:30 and said that Karen, (Dr. Karabins wife) thought that I was maybe going to cancel my surgery. I said that I was not going to cancel. Theresa called me back and said that Karen had cancelled my surgery. I DID NOT! I asked to talk to Karen about the mix up and she said she would call me back. I told her ok, if I didn't talk to her before I would just talk to her at my appt. Karen called as I was headed there. I told her I was headed in for my appt to visit about the mistake. She yelled and said that if I went in there they would call cops and told me I was a liar and hung up on me. My husband and I went in there and nicely wanted to talk. (I got it all on video) I understand that mistakes happen, but put on your big girl pants and admit it and reschedule. Nope, they would not even talk to us. They said intimidation would not work. Only Theresa and Dr. Karabin were out there. Karen wouldn't even show her face. Again, I was videoing the whole thing. We were nothing but nice. They had all my medical records already waiting for me and handed them to me and called security before they even came out to talk to us to have us leave. It was very embarrassing because there were other patients there seeing all this. I'VE NEVER HAD SECURITY CALLED ON ME and have NEVER been treated like that. In my medical records was a check for a little under $200.00 for a credit. They had told me that my credit was over $200.00. I can't remember exactly how much over. Where did the rest of it go? So now I have closed down my office next week, have family suppose to come in from out of town, doubt I can get in anywhere in time and more importantly hurt 24/7. I have no idea what to do. :(

by Melissa Kennedy on Jan 24th, 2013

I was one of his first patients when he got to town, I loved him. I loved the smaller office with less people. He knew who I was and he and his wife were awesome to me. In delivery he was well maintained and he delivered my 10 pound baby with ease. He walked me through what he was going to be doing and helped ease fear. very awesome man!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!! show details NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Nov 15th, 2012

Very inappropriate jokes at the worse time that made me feel very uncomfortable. Could never get my name right even after correcting him he would just say its a nick name and then would continue by calling me by the wrong name no matter how many time me and my husband would correct him. u would think he would say sorry about that and at least try to get it right to show he cares but i guess he really doesnt!And he would refuse to give me my first and third trimester ultrasound even tho my health care provider would cover it even when the baby is perfectly fine!! i asked to get the 3D ultrasound in my last tri that i would pay out of pocket he said no (even tho its been proven that its not harmful to the baby) that he doesnt believe they are safe so he forced his believe on us and also had very bad bed side manner!! i will not be going back to him!!!!! PS It should let me rate 0

Aug 7th, 2012

wonderful doctor, delievered my son 3 years ago, and hes going to deliver the next :)

May 10th, 2012

Best dr. I ever had. Trust him with my life.

I love this doctor. show details I love this doctor.
Jan 18th, 2012

Its been over 7 yrs since i last seen this doctor. He was my doctor for my last 2 children. I love this doctor. He's the best doctor I've ever had. My favorite thing bout him is how much he actually cares about you. He takes the time needed to explain everything to you so that you understand whats goin on. He moved in NM shortly after my youngest was born. That's why i haven't seen him in so long. I miss him and am planning on having another baby real soon and wish so bad he was still near so he could be my doctor.

Sep 10th, 2011

Dr. Karabin has been my doctor for 7 months now for my pregnancy which is my first and he is wonderful, takes his time explaining everything and has told me things that the obgyns in Durango never brought up with me and over all my experience with Dr. Karabin and his staff have been nothing but informative and pleasing. I'm happy that he is delivering my first child Its a caring environment that I would recommend for anyone who needs this type of doctor.

Jun 20th, 2011

Dr. Karabin was awesome, he delivered my first baby and he was always very concerned and informativ, i had some issues with post partum after my delivery and he was wonderful and very concerned and helpful. I hope to have another child and I will choose him again!

Jun 10th, 2011

DOCTOR KARABIN IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND VERY SWEET TO ALL HIS PATIENCE

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Sue Westhead on Nov 25th, 2010

Very caring man who spent time with me. Explained things well. Wish I could have him as my regular doctor!

Oct 19th, 2010

He's WONDERFUL!

Aug 16th, 2010

He is the best doctor I have ever been to.

Carrie show details Carrie
Jul 21st, 2010

Dr. Karabin is with out a doubt the best gyn surgeon in Farmington his bedside manner was great He was very caring and truly concerned he explained everything before and after surgery to both myself and my husband and was only a phone call away durning my whole recovery I would highly recommend him.

Jun 18th, 2010

Best doctor in town! Takes his time with his patients. Highly recommend!

by Jill on Jun 18th, 2010

Dr. Karabin and his staff are professional, fun and caring; they make you feel comfortable as soon as you walk in the office. Dr. Karabin listens to my concerns and gives me solutions to my problems; while giving me choices. I never feel rushed during my appointments. The office is always clean and wait time is minimal. I recommend Dr. Karabin to anyone.

wonderful show details wonderful
Jun 16th, 2010

great doctor very pleased if you need a dr of this type go here

Horrible show details Horrible
Jun 1st, 2010

There are other doctors in farmington and if you can see them do. This dr had me crying for hours. Waste of time and space in my opinion!

by Shannelle on Jan 7th, 2010

Dr. Karabin is a great Dr. his bedside manners are great, he sits down and explians things, answers your questions, he's never in a hurry to get out of the room like my last dr. I recomend him to my friends, and had to have him for this pregnancy after he delivered my last daughter. He is great!

by Cassandra Rivas on Oct 6th, 2009

He is a very knowledgeable Dr. I am having my 4th child, he has explained so many things my other Dr. never cared to go over in my past pregnancies. I am very satisfied, I highly recommend him.

best ob/gyn I've ever had show details best ob/gyn I've ever had
by Jillian Petitjean on Jun 16th, 2009

Dr Karabin delivered my 2 sons and was always knowledgeable and professional. His bedside manner was superb. I hate that he moved away from the gulf coast. I'd still be using him as a gynecologist. I reccomend him to anyone.