Obstetricians & Gynecologists

814 W Maple St
Farmington, NM 87401
505-325-9191
Locations and availability (3)

|  Response from karen  |  show details
by Karen karabin on May 1st, 2014

Since Billie can write about me I can respond. Never in my life have I ever been bullied by a patient like this. This woman wanted services before paying her responsibility. Constant phone calls and twisted words. Trying to get her way. Told me she would get back to me if she could meet her responsibility. She did not so surgery was canceled. This is a person who badgers people until she breaks you down. Well she broke me down and I hung up on her I did. We do not have to take this treatment then she writes a review to harm you professionally. Do yourself a favor see for yourself. Don't trust everything people post not even me. Meet us before you judge according to this woman. Thanks

|  UPSET PATIENT  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2013

THIS IS ABOUT DR. KARABIN IN FARMINGTON NM: 12/5/13-I had a surgery scheduled for Monday. As Dr. Karabin knew, I have to have the surgery before the new year because of my deductible. I called to confirm todays appt time because I wasn't sure if it was at 10 or 10:30. Theresa the receptionist confirmed 10:30 and said that Karen, (Dr. Karabins wife) thought that I was maybe going to cancel my surgery. I said that I was not going to cancel. Theresa called me back and said that Karen had cancelled my surgery. I DID NOT! I asked to talk to Karen about the mix up and she said she would call me back. I told her ok, if I didn't talk to her before I would just talk to her at my appt. Karen called as I was headed there. I told her I was headed in for my appt to visit about the mistake. She yelled and said that if I went in there they would call cops and told me I was a liar and hung up on me. My husband and I went in there and nicely wanted to talk. (I got it all on video) I understand that mistakes happen, but put on your big girl pants and admit it and reschedule. Nope, they would not even talk to us. They said intimidation would not work. Only Theresa and Dr. Karabin were out there. Karen wouldn't even show her face. Again, I was videoing the whole thing. We were nothing but nice. They had all my medical records already waiting for me and handed them to me and called security before they even came out to talk to us to have us leave. It was very embarrassing because there were other patients there seeing all this. I'VE NEVER HAD SECURITY CALLED ON ME and have NEVER been treated like that. In my medical records was a check for a little under $200.00 for a credit. They had told me that my credit was over $200.00. I can't remember exactly how much over. Where did the rest of it go? So now I have closed down my office next week, have family suppose to come in from out of town, doubt I can get in anywhere in time and more importantly hurt 24/7. I have no idea what to do. :(

|  upset patient  |  show details
by Billie on Dec 5th, 2013

Jul 8th, 2013

I love him! This is my first baby and he was so great! He made me feel so comfortable!

by Melissa Kennedy on Jan 24th, 2013

I was one of his first patients when he got to town, I loved him. I loved the smaller office with less people. He knew who I was and he and his wife were awesome to me. In delivery he was well maintained and he delivered my 10 pound baby with ease. He walked me through what he was going to be doing and helped ease fear. very awesome man!

|  NEVER AGAIN!!!!!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

Very inappropriate jokes at the worse time that made me feel very uncomfortable. Could never get my name right even after correcting him he would just say its a nick name and then would continue by calling me by the wrong name no matter how many time me and my husband would correct him. u would think he would say sorry about that and at least try to get it right to show he cares but i guess he really doesnt!And he would refuse to give me my first and third trimester ultrasound even tho my health care provider would cover it even when the baby is perfectly fine!! i asked to get the 3D ultrasound in my last tri that i would pay out of pocket he said no (even tho its been proven that its not harmful to the baby) that he doesnt believe they are safe so he forced his believe on us and also had very bad bed side manner!! i will not be going back to him!!!!! PS It should let me rate 0

Aug 7th, 2012

wonderful doctor, delievered my son 3 years ago, and hes going to deliver the next :)

May 10th, 2012

Best dr. I ever had. Trust him with my life.

|  I love this doctor.  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

Its been over 7 yrs since i last seen this doctor. He was my doctor for my last 2 children. I love this doctor. He's the best doctor I've ever had. My favorite thing bout him is how much he actually cares about you. He takes the time needed to explain everything to you so that you understand whats goin on. He moved in NM shortly after my youngest was born. That's why i haven't seen him in so long. I miss him and am planning on having another baby real soon and wish so bad he was still near so he could be my doctor.

Sep 10th, 2011

Dr. Karabin has been my doctor for 7 months now for my pregnancy which is my first and he is wonderful, takes his time explaining everything and has told me things that the obgyns in Durango never brought up with me and over all my experience with Dr. Karabin and his staff have been nothing but informative and pleasing. I'm happy that he is delivering my first child Its a caring environment that I would recommend for anyone who needs this type of doctor.

Jun 20th, 2011

Dr. Karabin was awesome, he delivered my first baby and he was always very concerned and informativ, i had some issues with post partum after my delivery and he was wonderful and very concerned and helpful. I hope to have another child and I will choose him again!

Jun 10th, 2011

DOCTOR KARABIN IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND VERY SWEET TO ALL HIS PATIENCE

|  Wonderful  |  show details
by Sue Westhead on Nov 25th, 2010

Very caring man who spent time with me. Explained things well. Wish I could have him as my regular doctor!

Oct 19th, 2010

He's WONDERFUL!

Aug 16th, 2010

He is the best doctor I have ever been to.

|  Carrie  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2010

Dr. Karabin is with out a doubt the best gyn surgeon in Farmington his bedside manner was great He was very caring and truly concerned he explained everything before and after surgery to both myself and my husband and was only a phone call away durning my whole recovery I would highly recommend him.

Jun 18th, 2010

Best doctor in town! Takes his time with his patients. Highly recommend!

by Jill on Jun 18th, 2010

Dr. Karabin and his staff are professional, fun and caring; they make you feel comfortable as soon as you walk in the office. Dr. Karabin listens to my concerns and gives me solutions to my problems; while giving me choices. I never feel rushed during my appointments. The office is always clean and wait time is minimal. I recommend Dr. Karabin to anyone.

|  wonderful  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2010

great doctor very pleased if you need a dr of this type go here

|  Horrible  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

There are other doctors in farmington and if you can see them do. This dr had me crying for hours. Waste of time and space in my opinion!

by Shannelle on Jan 7th, 2010

Dr. Karabin is a great Dr. his bedside manners are great, he sits down and explians things, answers your questions, he's never in a hurry to get out of the room like my last dr. I recomend him to my friends, and had to have him for this pregnancy after he delivered my last daughter. He is great!

by Cassandra Rivas on Oct 6th, 2009

He is a very knowledgeable Dr. I am having my 4th child, he has explained so many things my other Dr. never cared to go over in my past pregnancies. I am very satisfied, I highly recommend him.

|  best ob/gyn I've ever had  |  show details
by Jillian Petitjean on Jun 16th, 2009

Dr Karabin delivered my 2 sons and was always knowledgeable and professional. His bedside manner was superb. I hate that he moved away from the gulf coast. I'd still be using him as a gynecologist. I reccomend him to anyone.