Dr. Jerry Lewis MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2017
Rude one too many times.
A few of the comments made to me, One...the Dr. Himself referred to me as "one of THOSE" patients to his nurse in my presence. Two...the front desk informed me to go home and make a request for an appointment LIKE NORMAL people. I was there for an appointment and she could not locate it. Three...the nurse informed me I was going to have a rough day.

April 20th, 2017
Do NOT waste Your Time Seeing this Doctor!!
Rude, uncaring, uncompassionate, unprofessional, unsympathetic, unfeeling, cold-hearted, callous.

August 4th, 2016
Dr. Lewis has been good for me. His staff is kind and I do not have trouble getting calls back, or often even getting to talk with someone without needing to leave a message and wait.

April 13th, 2015
doesnt seem to care
Dr. Lewis' staff was very courteous, lewis however did not seem to care about anything other than getting me out the door and getting paid. I called to get a refill for my much needed pain medication and the answering service states that pain med refills are not considered urgent and will be contacted within 3 business days. This seems odd since he is a PAIN MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for the comments. I actually care a great deal about my patients and seeing that they find some relief from our treatments. And it’s not about getting you out the door so I can get paid. Also I’m not sure why the answering service would have misinformed you. While medication refills are in fact not considered urgent we will handle them within 3 business days (not contact in 3 days as told). If a patient waits until they’re out of medication to call and not 3 or four days prior some responsibility has to be taken on by the patient. As we don’t know that you’re running out of medication. In addition all medication refill must be seen in the office so it’s very rare that we would call in (since most medication can’t be) a medication refill. I apologize for the disappointed experience you had and we are working hard to improve all areas of service we offer at Lewis Pain.

March 25th, 2015
Dr. Lewis Doesn't listen to what's wrong with you. He just sends you on your way with injections. Staff takes money and hands you prescriptions without seeing an actual provider! Pretty sure not legal!
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comments, however i have to disagree. If I did not in fact listen to what’s wrong with you then I wouldn’t have been able to order an injection that would help you. Also it’s not just the conversation that you and I have that brings me to my decision on what to order we rely on MRI's CT etc. to help determine correct treatment plan. Injections is the tools we use in pain management to help our patients. And does the staff take money, the answer is yes my services are not free and you do have an obligation to pay for services provided. And we don’t collect money if services were not rendered. All Medications refills are seen by myself, My NP/PA, or a member to the nursing staff which are all billed out in a legal and compliant matter.

October 22nd, 2014
Excellent
I read several reviews. Good and bad. I had my first serious spine surgery and Dr. Lewis and his excellent staff helped me to a life I could enjoy. They always listened to my issues and made me feel important. I never ever waited long which is a sign of being organized. I cannot imagine being in their shoes which means helping people who are usually in pain and we all know how cranky that can make a person.
Doctor's Response

Linda, thank you for your positive comments. And noticing the effort we take to make everyone’s experience the best. Thank you

November 22nd, 2013
Cervical Degenerative Disc disease patient
I think that Dr. Lewis and his surgical team are the greatest! Many thanks to India and Dr. Rob and the sweet sweet girls and the Windhaven Surgery Center!
Doctor's Response

Thank you Connie, we all appreciate your kind words!

June 3rd, 2013
None stop pain
Dr. Lewis was very pleasant at first and willing to do injections for my spinal pain. When I questioned the results of the injections, all visits with Dr. Lewis stopped and now I just see the pain management physician assistant. Can't even get a consultation with the DR. He and India, his nurse, are quite proud of the fact that injection procedures are completed in 15 minutes or less. Its all about the profit. To be fair, pain management must be a terrible job because there isn't really pain relief. Its just being able to live with it.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for the comments and I’m not sure what you mean by all visits with me stopped. At any time a patient can request to be seen by me and they are scheduled to see me. Also the NP/Pa in our office are also more than qualified to answer questions regarding the results of an injection as well as order follow up or new injections if needed. In regards to the time it takes to perform an injection. Since the injections we perform are not surgery and are simple procedures it does in fact take 15 min or less. It’s not us being proud it’s just the truth. And while I don’t like to work for free it’s not always about the profit. Pain management is rewarding but isn’t for every patient and we are just a step in the treatment plan as pain management doesn’t cure anything we just manage providing as much relief as possible so that you can get back to some function before the pain started. I apologize if we were not the right pain practice for you and wish you the best on your search for the right one.

March 3rd, 2013
Has the personality if a door knob.
Doctor's Response

I'm sorry our personalites didn't mesh. I will work on trying not to be as you say "a Door Knob"

July 20th, 2012
He is the biggest, buy is he truly the best?
I find Dr. Lewis to be personable, the staff personable; however, I do wish he would thoroughly study each case prior to coming into the examining room. I feel as though it's "get 'em in and get 'em out." But then most doctors do have some corporate entity to answer to, so I guess I can't really blame him for his lack of complete attention to his patients. I need a diagnosis for this pain, and while I appreciate the fact that that's not his job, I KNOW he knows more than just loading people up with pills or "procedures" that mask the pain. I've been suffering for three years and have yet to find a doctor who cares WHY I am in such pain.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comments I certainly have tried over the past few years to improve the time I spend with each patient. At Lewis pain we try not to as you mentioned "load people up on pills" in fact we are known for one of the strictest medication policies. As far as procedures they are in fact the few tools we have to help improve or eliminate on a temporary basis of someone’s pain, without using a lot of pills. I hope you have been successful in your search for the right pain doctor for your needs, I apologize we could not meet your expectation of treatment and service.

July 19th, 2012
Unethical billing practices and poor bedside manner
My overall experience with this doctor was horrible. The only time that he spoke to me was briefly during my initial appointment. After that, I had three separate spinal injections and he did not speak to me once during any procedure. On top of all of this, the doctor told me that I needed to be sedated for the procedure and had me sign a waiver saying that I would pay out of pocket for the anesthesia if my insurance did not cover it. My insurance says that it is covered as an incendental through the surgery center, however, Dr. Lewis wants me to pay $975 out of pocket for anesthesia.
Doctor's Response

We apologize for your horrible experience with the practice. We have made steps to improve the service we provide to our patients in the office. I have also made changes myself to ensure each patient gets the appropriate time talking with me. It also isn’t uncommon for sedation to be used when performing the pain block we perform, as it allows for a safer procedure considering the area of the back we work on. I’m not certain as to why my office would ask to collect 975$ for the anesthesia as our fee for Anes. is 325$. Also it isn’t covered as incidental through the surgery center due to the fact myself nor my CRNA are employees of the surgery center so our fees are separate form theirs. And as far as the waiver you mentioned every pateint signes a waver as a formality required by our billing department in the event your insurance does not pay for your treatment. And we will work with every patients regarding financial matters. Again i thank you for your comments and apologize for your experience.

July 6th, 2012
Assembly Line-Anonymous
It's hard to get a call back from office staff.My personal experience with Dr Lewis is that he does not meet with you personally except on the 1st visit in the office. Then after the first visit you see his assistants for your problem untill you are in the surgery room.I feel he is good at what he does, but his practice is too busy to get you in, therefore it takes weeks to get seen.Dr Lewis needs more office staff and needs to see his patients more than just in the OR.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comments they are appreciated. In 2014 we brought in a new administrator to fix the very issue/problems you mention in your comments. As I also saw a lack of patient service by the staff. We have made huge improvements including replacing staff that did not meet company standards. You are correct all new patients are seen by me to establish a treatment plan. It is not necessary for follow us or standard medication visit check to be seen by me every time. That is why I employ a very qualified NP/PA to see those type of appointments for me. With that being said at any time a patient can request to see me to discuss their treatment plan or care and an appointment will be made.