Dr. Jerry Lucas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jerry Lucas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 9th, 2016

Awesome

Dr. Lucas is the best OB/GYN I've ever had. He delivered my last child and I was advised i should deliver at another hospital due to some risk with my son but I felt confident Dr. Lucas could handle it and he did. During my whole pregnancy and afterwards he was caring, heartfelt and always there when I needed him. I will not go to another OB.

August 13th, 2016

Arrogant, Abusive...leadership covers up and sweeps abuse under the rug

I am writing this as a citizen of the community and concern for staff. This doctor has a horrible and abusive attitude towards his peers. Demeaning, belittles them and arrogant. Worked with an alcoholic nurse for years and supported her working on the job sleeping and drinking. Staff supports him because he brings in money for the hospital. Has been known to threaten staff and intimidate them. Has been reported to leadership but it seems to be swept under the rug. I totally understand why a hospital would not want this man's true characteristics to be revealed. Shame on the hospital for not addressing this man's actions. If it were not for competent nursing staff in OB, this doctor's rating would be null. Nurses and leadership prevent tragic mistakes and hide his threats and intimidation.He has been reported multiple times to leadership only to be ignored. Shame on you, Centra Southside. It is individuals such as this person that goes ignored and a cover up that results in tragic events every day in our hospital. Get the man mental help. Stop covering up for him.

February 3rd, 2016

Definitely the best obgyn doctor I have had in many years !! Very knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions and always there if you needed something

September 26th, 2015

Used to be my Doctor when he was in Richmond. AMAZING, CARING!!!! The BEST!!!

March 8th, 2012

bad dr.. do not see him if u can help it...

June 24th, 2011

Life Saver

Dr Lucas saved my life. In 2003 I had an ectopic pregnancy that almost resulted in death. My tube ruptured and I was hours away from dying by the time we realized something was wrong. I had been to the ER but they sent me away and said I was fine. I was back in the ER 4 days later and in need of 6 pints of blood. He arrived to perform emergency surgery. 8 years later...I'm still here. I would wait however long it took me to see him. He's the best!

August 9th, 2010

the Dr office he was with and their staff is more of the problem than he is

April 22nd, 2010

AWFUL

I went to him for a second opinion on my ovarian cysts and needing a new birth control. After waiting over an hour to see him he was in and out in less than 10 minutes, kept interruppting me, would not listen to my concerns, wouldn't change my birth control, kepts huffing and having an attitude. His nurse was very nice but people at front desk was rude. Called him 2 weeks later for bleeding that wasn't supposed to happen (5 periods in 2 months) on a Monday. Didn't hear anything back! Called again Thursday and talked to a very rude lady that was eating (At 4 in the afternoon)! He got the note but never responded back! Glad i went to my general doctor and got a PCOS test done! This ridiculous after i get new bc im never going there again!

February 10th, 2010

botched hysterectomy

My surgery was horrible, I was sent back to work too soon, had infections,and several mini procedures to correct problems that occured as a resukt of the surgery.I finally had to switch physicians because I was not confident that the Dr. knew how to treat me.

August 10th, 2009

Finally, A Doctor who cares and heals

He always had a good day and if he did the patient did not know. Time and patience is just as important as a diagnosis. Good doctors are hard to fine. Dr. Jerry Lucas is one of the best!

August 5th, 2009

caring, kind and a good professional! A true Dr.he saved my live!

April 4th, 2017