Dr. Jerry Mabagos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 18th, 2016
Great doctor! explains things well, follows up, and isn't quick to prescribe medicine if it's not needed

October 27th, 2015
I have been bringing my children to Dr. Mabagos since they were born. My first was born in 2010 and my second this year 2015. Although I do love Dr. Mabagos and his bedside manner and I'm growing impatient with the office staff. I'm finding it harder to make appointments and have to call back every morning for a sick visit only to be told they only have one appointment time available. How can I make an appointment for when I'm available? I have seen a few other drs at his office and although I prefer Dr. Mabagos' humor I appreciate the other drs that are less likely to offer medicine at every ailment. I was also unpleasantly surprised to find that since having my first, their office is still not up to date with breastfeeding. There is one European dr (Dr. Dericof?) at his practice that is a breastfeeding advocate and has helped me with my daughters food allergies while breastfeeding.

October 17th, 2015
Bad office
This office is the least professional. the staff is lazy and the wait time is extremely long. Bad office great doctor, very sad.

October 5th, 2015
mother
I brought my daughter here for 3 visits. The first time, the doctor they sent in was decent. The second time, I had a European doctor who was EXTREMELY rude and flat out mean to me. He was cold and uncaring. He was completely unopen to questions and concerns from me, a parent to an 18 month old child. Dr.Mabagos himself is wonderful, but the other doctors employed at this office are TERRIBLE and I will NEVER EVER bring any of my children back here.

July 23rd, 2015
He is a great doctor

June 22nd, 2015
Dad of 3
Great experience every time.

April 30th, 2015
Care and office has gone downhill
We really loved Dr Mabagos, he is funny, caring, playful, and makes the kids feel at ease. I feel though that the level of care has gone downhill in recent years. He is overbooked and overworked and it is taking a toll. I do not care for the other Dr that has been in the office for the past year and have absolutely no trust in that Dr. I also feel that Dr Mabagos does not agree 100% of the time with the other Drs recomendations. We have unfortunately left the care of Dr Mabagos, as have other families I know. He really needs to rethink the direction his practice is headed.

April 16th, 2015
Above and beyond personal care
My most memorable moment w Dr Mabagos was many years ago but I will never forget it. My 4yr old was being treated that day and after 2 breathing treatments still needed a shot in her thigh , she was crying and as we were leaving she wouldn't walk to the car begging me to carry her. I was struggling to carry my 6mon & a huge diaper bag. Dr Mabagos picked her up gently calmed her down and carried her out to the car for me!! I was never so impressed & greatfull leaving a doctors office in my life! I have continually recommended him since & my entire family now uses him!

January 14th, 2015
my lids have always seen Dr. Mabagos and we all love him the staff is really great as well when we need to get in we just call and we can go right over.

October 18th, 2012
You couldn't ask for better care for your child
Dr. Mabagos and his staff are committed to caring for children, there are no dollar signs dictating the service, he is thorough, compassionate and genuinely concerned for the overall welfare of his patients. His staff is among the kindest, friendliest, most helpful and considerate I've encountered. It is wonderful to see people treated as people, not potential income sources.If you want a professional, yet caring physician for your child, this is the Doctor you need to see.

March 6th, 2012
Daughter Almost Died Under His Care
My daughter was 3 days old when Dr. Mabagos first saw her. I informed him that she had been throwing up after feedings and it was yellow in color. He said I was probably over-nursing her and that she was fine. Throughout the day, the vomiting continued and I called him as I was worried. He said as long as her diaper was wet, she was fine. I used my instincts and rushed her to the hospital that night where she was transferred by ambulance to Jersey Shore, quickly diagnosed with intestinal malrotation and emergency surgery was performed. She would have died if I didn't bring her that night. When I informed Dr. Mabagos' Lacey office, a call was never returned and that was all I needed to switch doctors. I understand people are human and make mistakes, but how dare you fail to follow up with your patient!

December 10th, 2011
Best Pedatrician in Ocean County!