Pediatrician, Emergency Physician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.7741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  You couldn't ask for better care for your child  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

Dr. Mabagos and his staff are committed to caring for children, there are no dollar signs dictating the service, he is thorough, compassionate and genuinely concerned for the overall welfare of his patients. His staff is among the kindest, friendliest, most helpful and considerate I've encountered. It is wonderful to see people treated as people, not potential income sources.If you want a professional, yet caring physician for your child, this is the Doctor you need to see.

|  Daughter Almost Died Under His Care  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

My daughter was 3 days old when Dr. Mabagos first saw her. I informed him that she had been throwing up after feedings and it was yellow in color. He said I was probably over-nursing her and that she was fine. Throughout the day, the vomiting continued and I called him as I was worried. He said as long as her diaper was wet, she was fine. I used my instincts and rushed her to the hospital that night where she was transferred by ambulance to Jersey Shore, quickly diagnosed with intestinal malrotation and emergency surgery was performed. She would have died if I didn't bring her that night. When I informed Dr. Mabagos' Lacey office, a call was never returned and that was all I needed to switch doctors. I understand people are human and make mistakes, but how dare you fail to follow up with your patient!

Dec 10th, 2011

Best Pedatrician in Ocean County!

Dec 8th, 2011

He is the best doctor I have ever met. He is so thorough, and has an amazing bedside manor, and just a love for children.

Nov 7th, 2011

I have been brining my children to Dr. Mabagos for the last 8years. My kids are 8yr 3yr and 5mnths and I just absolutley love him and his staff. He has so many children that he sees and everytime I go to see him and i have only 1 or 2 of my children he always asks where the others are. Now that is a good memmory but makes me feel comfortable that he truley knows and cares about the children he sees. He is very caring and shows concern when needed and helps as much as he can. I absolutley love him and will never go to another pediatric Dr. He is one of the best and I highly recomend him. I couldnt thank him enough.

|  I recommend Dr. Mabagos highly.. He is wonderful! Really the most caring Dr... I would not take my daughter to anyone else.  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2011

Dr. Mabagos is the most caring and best Pediatricians I have found. That's saying a lot since I used to work for an entire practice of 7 Pediatricians. I would not bring my daughter anywhere else. I called on a Sunday morning because my daughter was having a severe earache and a high fever. He called me right back and told me to bring her to the ER. After she was seen by the ER Dr; Dr. Mabogos came right to her in he ER to see her himself. He takes the time and interacts with the children. Asks them questions directly. On more than one occasion I have recommended him to friends for their children. Now they could not be happier! -Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

Oct 7th, 2011

i love dr. mabagos. he is the best doctor any child can have growing up. i wish i could go to him as an adult. what a wonderful caring person.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2011

I feel like he does not need someone else to say how amazing he is, but I have beening my daughter to him since she was born. Even though she was eating gaining wieght, and growing at a normal weight, i kept telling him something was wrong with her stomach. He agreed with me, she was always full of gas, uncomfortible, not sleeping, and never going regularly. He sent me to 3 gastorologist who all saw the weight gain, the normal height, and good eating habits and sent me away with no concern for her discomfort. Dr. mabagos never gave up, he sent me to two more after calling all over NJ. Finally and after many test which Dr. Mabagos ran himself they found out that she does not have the enzyme to digest sugar (it only took someone three years to get us an answer). Dr. Mabagos stodd by my side and knew I was not crazy (which ever other doctor made me feel). He spent plenty of time with me at my visit listening to what i said and trying new plans and diets for you to see if anything would help. He spent three years with me, I felt like he went through ever hurdle with me. In the end my daughter eats no complex sugars and she is a happy and heathly 3 year old.

|  BEST DOCTOR!!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

My expierience with dr mabagos was terrific! he is the best doctor i have ever been to. He cares so much for your child and you can just tell he is very passionate about his job and the well being of your children.If any of my friends or any one for that fact asked me to recommend a doctor for there children it would be him.If you are pregnant and meeting with doctors to find one for your little bun in the oven just go to his office and im telling you,you will love him! it doesnt get any better!!!

|  Dropped the Ball!  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

I pray that you never really have the opportunity to test out your doctor. My first daughter was never ill so she only saw the doctor for well visits. My second daughter almost lost her bowels at three days old under the care of Dr. Mabagos. He wasn't concerned when I brought her in for the first time after she was born and informed him that she was vomiting yellow after each feeding. I called him after the checkup to let him know it didn't stop, and still no concern. After I used my best judgement and took her to the hospital, we were transferred by ambulance to Jersey Shore where she underwent emergency surgery for intestinal malrotation. Looking back, all the symptoms were there. I called his office to inform him and never even received a call back! Guess he really cared...

Dec 16th, 2010

Dr. Mabogos is a GREAT doctor who really cares about your childs well being. He is very kind and caring and I would tell everyone to use him...

|  Years of great care  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

I have been bringing my kids to Dr. Jerry Mabagos for about 14 years now. All three of my children receive great care from him. I could not ask for a better Dr. for my children. We all love him!

|  Mother of twin girls  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

He and his staff are the most courteous people in the medical profession. They truly care about the patients, not just making a few bucks. He is so good to the kids that one of my daughters actually smiles when she hears that she has to go see Dr. Mabagos, and clearly has a crush on him. The other one was reluctant to go until his office moved and the other half of his practice has moved away.

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2010

My Daughter has two chronic illness. Dr. Jerry has been caring for her since she was six months old. He has saved her life twice. He rushed her from the office each time to personally care for.I thank God for such a wonderful caring man. His office staff is outstanding,in Brick. Renee, Erin, Nicole and Nadine are awesome. Renee and Erin treat my daughter like there friend and she loves everyone there.

|  The Best Pediatrician EVER!!!  |  show details
by Y. Arriaga on Aug 5th, 2010

Dr Mabagos has been my 3yr old daughter Dr since day one. As a first time mom I had an insane amount of questions. He would always take the time to answer each one. It didn't matter how busy he was. He never rushes you and makes sure you understand everything before you leave. He truly is an amazing Dr. I have recommended him to several of my friends and customers. They all feel the same!!!

by Christine on May 10th, 2010

FABULOUS! We love him and so does out daughter! She is 17months old and Dr. M nas been so patient with all of the millions of questions that we (new parents)had. I would highly reccomend him to anyone looking for a wonderful doctor and someone who truly loves his job and the kids!

by Melinda on Apr 27th, 2010

Dr. Mabagos has been our family doctor since the day he first visited my oldest son in the hospital over 11 years ago. I'll never forget our first visit in his office. I had just finished breast feeding my son and he fell asleep in my arms. When Dr. Mabagos came in, I started to get up so I he could examine my baby. He said no, got down on his knees on the hard linoleum floor, and examined him while he was on my lap! (I knew then he was a special man!)He is ALWAYS pleasant! He once opened my son's diaper and I cringed when my son peed on his tie!! Dr. Mabagos just laughed and said, "I should know better!!" He has called on weekends to see how his patients are, explains everything to me, and listens to my boys as if he has all the time in the world. They love him! My youngest is autistic, and Dr. Mabagos is so patient and kind with him. He always asks them what they are doing in school and lets them talk! He diagnosed when my 8 month old was going to need surgery and managed to keep me sane! I am so glad to have a doctor we can depend on!!

by Hunkele's on Nov 12th, 2009

Dr Mabagos is a wonderful Doctor and a wonderful person. I know I will never take my children to anyone else. I have even had several family members and friends that now go to see him and they can not say thank you enough to me... WE LOVE HIM DEARLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Hard working mom,,,,  |  show details
by Michelle, bayville on Oct 28th, 2009

I love him, love him, love him! My kids are 16 & 7yrs old and he remembers them each and every time they come in the office. Can't ask for a better doctor!

|  First Time Mom  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2009

I was a first time mom with a baby who had colic, reflu, and allergy to almost every formula. I don't even know where to begin to tell you how amazing Dr. Mabagos was. Dr. Mabagos called me over weekends, made me appointments when i needed them, and never rushed me out of his office (even when i was a emergency patient) I have never minded waiting, knowing he was giving the same attention to another mother, and I have never waited longer than 20 minutes. Dr. Mabagos never made me feel crazy with all my concerns and when my child was an infant i spent more time in his office then I did anywhere else. I am grateful to have found Dr. Mabagos.

|  Best Dr. ever!!!!  |  show details
by Derek H on May 4th, 2009

Dr. Mabagos is amazing. He is very caring and nice. The kids love him and so do we. He is the best Pediatrician around!! I travel a 1/2 hour to see him and I would travel a lot longer if I needed to.

by Derek H. on May 4th, 2009 on yahoo.com

The best Dr. ever. He is very very nice and caring. The kids love him and so do we. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

by Joann on Mar 3rd, 2009 on yahoo.com

I could not be more pleased with the care and dedication Dr. Mabagos and team show for our daughter. He is one of a kind - I am thankful for his knowledge and feel he has been an absolute blessing to our family!

by Mike - Lanoka on Jan 7th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Excellent Doctor, great bedside manner. Really cares and listens to the patient and mom & dad.

by Susan on Jan 6th, 2009

Dr. Mabagos is a godsend! He is an extremely caring,loving and professional doctor and I am so glad we found him. Both of my sons love him and I would not want to take them to anyone else!

|  Dr. Mabagos is the BEST!  |  show details
by Gail on Oct 8th, 2008

My son has been going to him for more than 10 years, he won't see anyone else. He is extremely caring and a wonderful doctor. He truly cares about every patient. On one visit my Mom asked if he accepts senior citizens as patients!

|  We love him  |  show details
by The Kaspers on May 3rd, 2008

I take all three of my babies to him. He is so patient, loving, and he really cares for their health. This is the best practice around!!!!!

Apr 16th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Jerry: He has been a blessing to my family. All three of my children go to him. Both of my girls are preemies and Dr. Jerry and his staff have helped the girls and me through all the rough times. He's GREAT GREAT GREAT