A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jerry Mackel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jerry Mackel is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jerry Mackel, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Mackel graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis.
Dr. Mackel has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Dekalb Memorial Hospital Inc
- Parkview Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mackel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jerry L. Mackel practice?
Dr. Jerry Mackel practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near Fort Wayne, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Auburn, IN and Kendallville, IN.
See Fort Wayne Surgeons.