Gastroenterologist (digestive)

by d.strawser on Dec 15th, 2015

Very rude, and quick to judge people from Eastern Ky that also has been skinny all their life. After spending 21 years as a teacher of Health and Science, with an emphasis in drug abuse, I could not believe what I was hearing. He would not even touch me to do an exam, but did put his arm around me, and said when I had taken care of my "problem" he would then treat me. So long and fare thee well!!!!!

Impressed with Dr. Yon show details Impressed with Dr. Yon
Oct 29th, 2015

Dr. Yon is an extremely experienced Gastroenterologist that has seen me for a few years, as well as friends of mine (and their parents). He is very interested in his patient's care and quality of life. Dr. Yon is willing to delve into the exact causes of your illness and tell you exactly what you have in detail, how the condition can be treated, and the long term prognosis. He is very personable and relatable, which I feel is lacking in most specialists, and takes time to TALK to you. Also, Dr. Yon is a "regular guy," and is not "too good" to clean the exam room, change the table dressing and fix a clean pillow to make sure his patients are able to be seen in a timely fashion. A lot of physicians are "above" doing things like that and wait for a nurse or attendant to do it, but not Dr. Yon. He goes ahead and takes care of things himself, and this is one reason why his wait times are so short. He has impressed me several times by just taking the time to do little things like this during a visit. So, not only is he a great physician, he is also a great person.