Ophthalmologists
Oak Lawn
5303 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX 75390
214-590-5218
Locations and availability (4)

|  So glad I found Dr. Whitsen  |  show details
by Alice on Jul 7th, 2013

I had been to another glaucoma specialist but was not happy with him. Dr. Whitsen and his staff are very caring and also had fellows (doctors training to specialize in glaucoma) working under him. They are great. When I first saw Dr Whitsen, a fellow would always examine me first. They were always incredibly polite and professional. Then an assistant would do the H&P and then Dr. Whitsen would come in. I had many tests done and after conservative treatment with different drops (done them for years), he told me I had no choice but to have trabeculectomy surgery. I had the surgery (not too much fun as you have to be awake during the surgery so that you do not move at all). During the surgery, he was very kind and made sure I was OK. He followed up my surgery very closely and despite the fact I live quite far from Dallas, I made the trips. Once I went there and for some reason, (miscommunication in appointment time) Dr. Whitsen was not in his office (he also works at the VA Center and teaches) but the staff immediately got hold of the fellow who had scrubbed in with Dr Whitsen (Dr Fong) and Dr Fong examined me. I continue to see Dr Whitsen and had a laser surgery in my other eye. It seems to be doing well. I definitely recommend this doctor if you need a glaucoma specialist.