Dr. Jesse Butler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jesse Butler?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 18th, 2016

Excellent Spine surgeon!

After 2.5-3 years of being in major pain, and multiple visits to numerous Doctors and physical therapy offices in met Dr. Butler. He completely understood just how much pain I was in.. the words that I heard were, "You have to be in alot of pain" and "I can fix you". Hearing those words made me pretty much cry. I was ready!! The procedure was a L4, L5 fusion (seems to be typical) and we schedule the surgery. Amazing! The morning of my surgery was early and by the end of night I was standing up just to see what my results were going to be. I was so surprised, even though I was sore, I wasn't in pain!! I was determined to heal fast!! The next morning I was up walking in the hall and in order to go home I had to pass the tests. I went up a flight of stairs and down again!! Amazing!! I was able to be released from the hospital the day after surgery which they said they had never seen someone leave that early before. I was bound and determined. It's been 1.5 years now and I still feel amazing! Thank you Dr. Butler for being one of my miracle doctors and giving me my life back!!

September 21st, 2016

Outstanding Surgeon and human being

I went to see Dr. Butler to get a second opinion. I had been in extreme pain from 2 herniated disks in my neck. After talking extensively with him I knew he was the doctor for me. He performed a 2 level ACDF on me which gave me back 100% use of my arm and relieved my pain. I had complete faith in him and my family and I thank him from the bottom of our hearts for helping me. While I hope I don't have more spine problems, if I do, he is the ONLY doctor I would trust. His staff is also top notch. Thank you Dr. Butler and staff for taking such good care of me!!

June 17th, 2016

Get a second opinion

I saw Dr. Butler recently. He reviewed my MRI and told me that I needed surgery on my neck.........there were no If's, And's, Or But's about it. I had limited options, no physical therapy would be helpful etc. Well I went for a 2nd opinion, and apparently I DO have options, and therapy is ONE of them. Surgery should always be the last resort. He and his assistant "Michael" were very quick to say SURGERY only......and it scared me half to death. Why not think about how scared your patients are. I'm sure Dr. Butler is a great doctor, but why is it that someone else (very reputable) I might add, say that my condition did not warrant surgery at this time and therapy could be helpful in getting my herniated discs, bulging discs, & spine thinning healthy again with Meds, treatment, etc. I know what I have is serious..........but COME ON NOW. Please get down to the level of your patient, explain things in a nicer way and don't let them leave scared out of their wits. It' not nice.

Doctor's Response

Laurie - we are glad that you were able to find comfort in a 2nd opinion. When you came to us in our office, you presented with symptoms, we reviewed your image studies and we performed a physical exam. Based on our findings we rendered an opinion that we felt was best suited for you at the time of your visit. If you review the statement that was written at the bottom of your clinical summary you will note: "The patient has two disc herniations at the C4-5 and C5-6 levels with cord compression.  She has some findings of myelopathy which are of concern.  She does not require surgery categorically but is at some risk given the Hoffmann's sign and ankle clonus.  She has limited options beyond observation and light stretching.  She will observe for any worsening of the neurologic complaints." We stated that you DO NOT require surgery, however we stressed that you take it easy and stick with LIGHT stretching at this time. Our concern was your cord compression, Hoffmann's sign and ankle clonus. Our goal was to observe for worsening of your symptoms. When you visit any physician, you will be rendered an opinion. Those opinions will vary from physician to physician at times. In conclusion, although our opinion may have differed from your second opinion, we are glad we could clear up any confusion by reminding you of our summary on your clinical summary, and we wish you all the best moving forward.

May 21st, 2016

Dr Jesse has been my dontor sinse 2002. he has been a great doctor for me and my condition.. I live out of state so I see him once a year ....

January 20th, 2016

Only spine surgeon I'd trust

I've had two spine surgeries with Dr. Butler and I'm shocked to see bad reviews. With my first surgery, he said he thought I'd have 80% improvement in my pain. It turned out to be closer to 95%. When I started having problems several years later in a different area after my pregnancy, there was a discrepancy in the MRI and what Dr. Butler saw. He immediately picked up the phone and tried to contact the person who read the MRI and discuss what he saw. He truly cares about his patients and is an excellent surgeon. He's thorough and compssionate. I do not trust any other surgeon with my spine.

September 9th, 2015

Office manager is horrible

My overall experience was a good one. I have been there many times. One thing that needs to change are certain members of the staff. The office manager is a nightmare. This was the third visit for me and everty time I come there seems to be a problem. This time I was in the room across from her office. My door was open and she came by and closed it. I am very clausterphopic. She told me that she had no choice. I can hear her on the phone and I assume at times she is talking to patients. I can't believe she talks to people like that. I know I will never come back. I like Dr. Butler but my neck is healed and I never want to see her again. I watched her come out of a bathroom and almost run over one of her employees and didn't say excuse me.

December 15th, 2014

He performed back surgery &spinal fusion on me. Told me what to expect. Spoke with me after surgery to explain my pain. He is confident without being cocky.

Doctor's Response

I am glad you had a positive experience. Thank you for your kind words.

July 3rd, 2014

Workers comp

Jesse should have his license revoked. After being seen by 5 orthopedic surgeons who all recommended surgery during my work comp claim, the insurance company requested an IME to be done. I waited for almost and hour to see this joke, for all of 20 min. It took two months two receive my dictation in which he said that my MRI indicated I had to concerns with my back and I can return to full active duty. I have a slipped disc that is pinching a nerve and basically did what the insurance company asked to close the case and get paid. He is a con artist and will get what he deserves. Butler has several malpractice cases pending for the same issue. "Do not see butler"

Doctor's Response

Before I respond to Franks comments I will state that an Independent Medical Examination is basically a second opinion requested by the non-treating patients insurance company. Often times when the outcome is not favorable for the non-treating patient they lash out in a public forum. As you can see with other comments on this site they are almost all Independent Medical Evaluations. Frank, it is unfortunate that you feel that way. There is no way to address you as an individual because you did not use your last name. However even so we respect your privacy so we will address you in generalization. We are not your treating doctor. Dr. Butler was asked to complete an Independent Medical Evaluation. In that evaluation Dr. Butler spent 20 minutes with you, then after the exam the doctor reviewed 100 of pages of records that were supplied to us by your requesting insurance company. In 99% of all situations the medical records that are supplied to us are often incomplete. As far as the 5 physicians that recommended surgery for your particular situation - This is already in violation of Illinois State Law because you are not able to consult with more than 2 specializing physicians regarding a workers compensation claim. If you indeed consulted 5 physicians you have to ask yourself this; "why did I consult 5? did I not trust the first 2?" I would like to address your final comments. This will not be tolerated. It is unlawful to post slanderous and misleading information on this website. You state that Dr. Butler has "several malpractice cases pending for the same issue" - This is not only incorrect but it is also untrue. This can be verified by consulting the State Of Illinois Medical Examiners Board and State Legal Representation.

July 12th, 2013

IME review

I was sent to Dr. Butler after my treating physician recommended a spinal fusion. Dr. Butler spent 35 minutes talking with me and gathering my history. i thought at the time, Dr. Butler gave it to me straight forward and upfront. As we spoke he recommended a more invasive procedure using the phrase "if you we're my patient". Wow- was I surprised when his report came back. What he told me in person and the IME report were totally opposite. Really disappointed in the flip/flop. Wouldn't have an issue if he had been consistent. Actually had thought about switching to his practice.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately it is difficult to respond without knowing who you are. However, you visited our office as a non-treating patient for an independent medical evaluation that was ordered by your insurance company. During your visit we had the opportunity to meet with you and there was the potential of a physical exam (not sure if one was done). Your insurance company also submitted medical records that pertained to your injury. It is possible that during your visit an initial diagnosis and opinion on treatment was made. However after you leave our office a complete and thorough review of your records is done. There is always the potential for a change in opinion based on the presented facts. It is unfortunate that the report did not reflect the opinion that you desire, but all final reports are based on the information and medical facts that are provided to us. We will you well and wish you success in your future endeavors.

April 6th, 2013

IME

I was one who believed that the reason they were sending me to an IME four hours away was because he would say what workers comp. wanted. then I read the reviews from past IME patients ,so I already had my self prepared that even with all my medical reports confirming my injury that he was against me!!! Wow..was I wrong and I want to Thank You !!! You reviewed my case ,asked me questions,examined and tested my injury and most of all listened and never once did I feel you were working for enemy.once again Thank You,Dr Butler!!!!!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate. Although you are not a treating patient your care is important to us. It was helpful that you came prepared. In doing so you gave us the tools we needed to offer fair and sound opinions.

September 26th, 2012

Dr. Butler is aces in my book!

After literally decades of suffering back pain attributed to muscle issues, Dr. Butler was the first one to correctly diagnose the myriad problems in my spine -- multiple burst discs, stenosis, osteoarthritis, etc.I had successful surgery almost exactly five years ago, and can't really think of a single complication. In addition, Dr. Butler is extremely professional and kind, and I swear he has a twinkle in his eye! All in all, I'm a very satisfied patient.

April 20th, 2012

Love this Group...

Thank you !!!!! I would recommend you to others!!! I still have some pain but I'm hoping in time it may go away:) But I thought you were a great group!

Doctor's Response

We are so very happy you are doing well. We all hope in time that your residual pain will go away. Keep up the good work, and let us know if you need anything.