2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Workers comp  |  show details
by Frank on Jul 3rd, 2014

Jesse should have his license revoked. After being seen by 5 orthopedic surgeons who all recommended surgery during my work comp claim, the insurance company requested an IME to be done. I waited for almost and hour to see this joke, for all of 20 min. It took two months two receive my dictation in which he said that my MRI indicated I had to concerns with my back and I can return to full active duty. I have a slipped disc that is pinching a nerve and basically did what the insurance company asked to close the case and get paid. He is a con artist and will get what he deserves. Butler has several malpractice cases pending for the same issue. "Do not see butler"

Doctor's Response

Before I respond to Franks comments I will state that an Independent Medical Examination is basically a second opinion requested by the non-treating patients insurance company. Often times when the outcome is not favorable for the non-treating patient they lash out in a public forum. As you can see with other comments on this site they are almost all Independent Medical Evaluations. Frank, it is unfortunate that you feel that way. There is no way to address you as an individual because you did not use your last name. However even so we respect your privacy so we will address you in generalization. We are not your treating doctor. Dr. Butler was asked to complete an Independent Medical Evaluation. In that evaluation Dr. Butler spent 20 minutes with you, then after the exam the doctor reviewed 100 of pages of records that were supplied to us by your requesting insurance company. In 99% of all situations the medical records that are supplied to us are often incomplete. As far as the 5 physicians that recommended surgery for your particular situation - This is already in violation of Illinois State Law because you are not able to consult with more than 2 specializing physicians regarding a workers compensation claim. If you indeed consulted 5 physicians you have to ask yourself this; "why did I consult 5? did I not trust the first 2?" I would like to address your final comments. This will not be tolerated. It is unlawful to post slanderous and misleading information on this website. You state that Dr. Butler has "several malpractice cases pending for the same issue" - This is not only incorrect but it is also untrue. This can be verified by consulting the State Of Illinois Medical Examiners Board and State Legal Representation.

by tom moran on Mar 13th, 2014

Don't let this butcher touch you. I have talked to 4 people (victims) myself makes 5, this guy screwed up. My back is 10 times worse after this guys surgery If your looking for a life changing experience (you will never be the same) he's your guy.

Doctor's Response

The office of Dr. Jesse Butler and Spine Consultants would like to start off by saying we do not nor have we ever had a patient in our database named Tom Moran - A great deal of our visitors in this office are non-treating patients. They come to us as Independent Medical Evaluations. Often times when Dr. Butler does not give the response that they desire the non-treating patient lashes out in a public forum. However in this case we are unsure. There are also times when when we have a patient that is non-compliant. In that case we elect to part ways with that patient. If this is the case, whomever you are it is unfortunate that you had a bad experience and we sincerely hope you are getting the medical help that you need.

by Rochelle. Breger on Jan 13th, 2014

|  IME review  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2013

I was sent to Dr. Butler after my treating physician recommended a spinal fusion. Dr. Butler spent 35 minutes talking with me and gathering my history. i thought at the time, Dr. Butler gave it to me straight forward and upfront. As we spoke he recommended a more invasive procedure using the phrase "if you we're my patient". Wow- was I surprised when his report came back. What he told me in person and the IME report were totally opposite. Really disappointed in the flip/flop. Wouldn't have an issue if he had been consistent. Actually had thought about switching to his practice.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately it is difficult to respond without knowing who you are. However, you visited our office as a non-treating patient for an independent medical evaluation that was ordered by your insurance company. During your visit we had the opportunity to meet with you and there was the potential of a physical exam (not sure if one was done). Your insurance company also submitted medical records that pertained to your injury. It is possible that during your visit an initial diagnosis and opinion on treatment was made. However after you leave our office a complete and thorough review of your records is done. There is always the potential for a change in opinion based on the presented facts. It is unfortunate that the report did not reflect the opinion that you desire, but all final reports are based on the information and medical facts that are provided to us. We will you well and wish you success in your future endeavors.

|  IME  |  show details
by one Nation on Apr 6th, 2013

I was one who believed that the reason they were sending me to an IME four hours away was because he would say what workers comp. wanted. then I read the reviews from past IME patients ,so I already had my self prepared that even with all my medical reports confirming my injury that he was against me!!! Wow..was I wrong and I want to Thank You !!! You reviewed my case ,asked me questions,examined and tested my injury and most of all listened and never once did I feel you were working for enemy.once again Thank You,Dr Butler!!!!!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate. Although you are not a treating patient your care is important to us. It was helpful that you came prepared. In doing so you gave us the tools we needed to offer fair and sound opinions.

|  Dr. Butler is aces in my book!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

After literally decades of suffering back pain attributed to muscle issues, Dr. Butler was the first one to correctly diagnose the myriad problems in my spine -- multiple burst discs, stenosis, osteoarthritis, etc.I had successful surgery almost exactly five years ago, and can't really think of a single complication. In addition, Dr. Butler is extremely professional and kind, and I swear he has a twinkle in his eye! All in all, I'm a very satisfied patient.

|  Love this Group...  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

Thank you !!!!! I would recommend you to others!!! I still have some pain but I'm hoping in time it may go away:) But I thought you were a great group!

Doctor's Response

We are so very happy you are doing well. We all hope in time that your residual pain will go away. Keep up the good work, and let us know if you need anything.

Feb 10th, 2012

I would definitely recommend Dr. Butler to others

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the excellent feedback!

|  Nice bedside mannners  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

I had surgery back in July '11 and the outcome was great. I am pain free and now I can walk with no pain. Thank you Dr. Butler for your wonderful care. I would definitely recommend you.

Doctor's Response

We are glad you had a successful outcome. Thank you for the comment.

|  IME doctor  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

This doctor is a disgrace to the medical field ,he cares nothing about the patient pain or suffering from the injury ,he' s all about the money and saving money for wc I, would not send a sick dying dog to him he would only let if suffer more instead of doing what right and ethical you would have a better experience and help with a non medical physicians if you need to see this doctor for any reason I just STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU PRAY And pray witch you will need a lot of prayer with this doctor ,just know every dog will have it DAY he sent to back to work full duty no restrictions and I can barely walk I needed surgery on the back and neck stay away from this doctor find another IME

Doctor's Response

It is unfortunate that you had such a horrible experience in our office. As a non treating patient it is our duty to take the facts that are presented to us by your treating physicians, imaging studies, and by you during an in office exam and make a recommendation based on the facts presented to us. If you are unhappy with our recommendation I urge you to seek out another treating physician. Although I am unfamiliar with who you are as a patient, we can only comment on this as a typical situation. This office prides itself on providing expert medical care, and assessment. We accomplish this by putting the care of our patients first. I am sorry you are upset with your outcome. I sincerely hope you eventually get the care and treatment you need to help you move forward and to return to a comfortable lifestyle.

|  very satisfied  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

L5 S1 fushion. Very satisfied.

Doctor's Response

I am very happy that you had a successful outcome. Thank you for your comments.

Apr 8th, 2011

he only cares about money when he is an IME for work comp cases $1500 for 10 min,and didn't care what i had to say and didn't care about the pain i was in just wanted to make the company happy for repeat buiness and get rich.

Doctor's Response

We are very sorry you had an unpleasant experience. We understand that all injuries can be very frustrating experiences, especially when they are work related. Anytime treatment/recovery time basic guidelines for time and progress insurance companies make the call to have the data processed to make sure you are receiving the necessary care that will help you get back to work. There are times certain physicians just don't see eye to eye. At times this is based on opinion, but more often then not fact. The goal of an IME appointment is to meet with you, collect data and make an assessment based on that data. We care about your pain. We also care about you. However the unfortunate reality is our sole purpose is not to treat you as a patient but to present our findings to the requesting parties. We are sincerely sorry if you are not currently receiving the care that you need. Please call us if you have any questions.

|  IME Insurance Lapdog  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

This man has a reputation in the Chicago area for totally disregarding scientific data in favor of the insurance companies profits. This means he will not provide real constructive prognosis. He will underestimate your condition to aid inaction and non-resolution of your condition. He's a perfect insurance lapdog who sold his education for greed. Get a different IME!

Doctor's Response

The goal of our practice is to provide expert medical care and safe, accurate medical diagnosis. Because of this there will be times when our treatment suggestions are not in line with your existing treating physician. That does not mean we are siding with an insurance company, or practicing based on greed. We are sincerely sorry for your injury and understand your frustrations. We see it every single day. We understand that treatment is often approved based on the opinion of the consulting physician. Knowing this we want you to know that our goal is to make sure that we provide expert care, even though you are not a treating patient with us. We do this based on the facts that are presented to us at the time of your appointment. We wish you all the best and hope in time that you will achieve the outcomes you desire.

|  2 level back fusion  |  show details
by -faraci on Jul 2nd, 2010

Had 2 back surgeries done by Dr.Butler..very sucessful.... thanks to him ,,, 33 years old.. and living a better life......

Mar 30th, 2009

I was sent to see Dr. Butler by my company's Worker's Comp insurance co. He was suppose to be an Independent Medical Examiner (IME) However, he had clear bias against "California Doctors." He dismissed any diagnosis my Orthopedic MD's had given as well as 2 MRI's and Discogram showing Cervical Disc herniations at multiple levels. Dr. Butler wrote in his report that I could return to full duty with no restrictions and as a result, the insurance company cut my WC pay and medical payments. I was forced to live on CA disability ($200 less than WC per month) and use my own insurance for future medical and pay all my own co-payments. Eventually I found John C. Chiu, a neurosurgeon in Thousand Oaks, CA who performed minimally invasive discectomy at multiple levels with a holmium laser. That was 4 month ago and my recovery has gone really well and I've returned to work. I would never trust Dr. Butler or use him as my personal doctor after my experience with him. I deeply question his ethics and cannot recommend him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. An Independent Medical Evaluation may have been requested by your employer. It is our responsibility to read the presented data, provide a medical exam, and evaluate existing and future treatments. It is unfortunate that in review of the data that Dr. Butler did not agree with the physicians that had already provided you with care. Our goal is to provide expert medical care and offer sound medical advice based on our findings. It is our practice to find solutions based on facts that are presented at the time of the appointment. Based on the data provided we did just that. We are very happy that Dr. Chiu was able to assist you in achieving the results you work looking for.