Overall Review

3.3

October 7th, 2015
Doesn't Listen and Dismissive
I've been seeing Dr. Spear for several years, since he took over Dr. Monger's patients in Fishers, IN, though I'm in search of a new PCP currently. Several times I've gone in for concerns of finding lumps under my skin, or growths on my skin, and he's always been very dismissive. I've still got a lump in my chest, painful [what appear to be] lymph nodes under my left arm and left breast, which he continues to claim is nothing to worry about about (for at least 3 years now), and a growth on the side of my face, which came back after he burned it off with liquid nitrogen. Each time I brough it up, I felt like I was silently being called a hypocondriac, but these things really do concern me, because cancer runs on my mother's side of the family, in many different forms, which I explained to him. I even found lumps in my testicles, which he dismissed before even checking, and finally did check after I kept expressing my concern, but after only a few seconds of trying to locate the lumps, he told me he didn't feel anything, and said it's probably nothing. Only after I said that I wanted it checked did he refer me to get an ultrasound. It turns out that I do have a cyst at the top of each epididymis, but the main lump I was concerned with is a blood clot within the epididymis, which he continues to state is no big deal unless there is pain associated with it, which there isn't. I just feel like you go into his office, and pay to be judged and dismissed. I will say that he's very nice, and pretty punctual, but he just does not listen or express concern. Sadly, that's the whole reason I left the doctor prior Dr. Monger, who Dr. Spear took over for when Dr. Monger moved out of state. One nice thing about Dr. Spear is that he is not quick to prescribe medication to cover up whatever it is you're dealing it, especially antibiotics.

July 9th, 2014
New Patient
Prompt and efficient, detail oriented and kind. I trust him.

October 19th, 2013
Would not recommend Dr. Spears terrible bedside manner, doesn't listen to issues I had come to him for.

October 30th, 2012
Do NOT go here
I called to make an appointment. The receptionist was very rude. Then put me on hold for 10 minutes just to hang up on me. I called back. She put me on hold again before I could even speak. I called back again...you guessed it, hold again. I was just trying to make a simple appointment. If this is how they treat people, you should stay away.

April 22nd, 2012
Excellent Young Doctor
Kind, respectful, and knowledgeable doctor who hopefully will be around for another thirty years to take me into my 70s!